ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - California

01-25-2024, 03:19 PM   #1
dylanwilson
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

wtb: f82 intakes

Looking to buy intakes for my f82 m4, located in OC CA. Shoot me what you got below
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2024, 05:37 PM   #2
MSYm4
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 CZP

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW M4  [0.00]
Aftermarket or stock?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2024, 11:55 PM   #3
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

If aftermarket, consider what ESS had to say…

“*This software is designed to run with OEM S55 air induction system. We have found this overall superior to anything else we have tested on the market. OEM airboxes have virtually 0 restriction and replacing them during our in house testing with an open CAI air intake setup with matched intake funnels yielded absolutely no results at all. We know several companies claim otherwise, but we have not been able to find any advantages to replacing the stock S55 airboxes. Several aftermarket intakes we have seen create MAF turbulence issues and engine operation problems”
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

2021 Mini GP3 / BMC Filters / BM3 / Cary Jordan E30 / Wagner IC / Remus Race
Appreciate 3
      01-26-2024, 10:20 AM   #4
wknd_M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18’ MG ZCP F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post

“*This software is designed to run with OEM S55 air induction system. We have found this overall superior to anything else we have tested on the market. OEM airboxes have virtually 0 restriction and replacing them during our in house testing with an open CAI air intake setup with matched intake funnels yielded absolutely no results at all. We know several companies claim otherwise, but we have not been able to find any advantages to replacing the stock S55 airboxes. Several aftermarket intakes we have seen create MAF turbulence issues and engine operation problems”
This! 100%
Appreciate 1
      01-29-2024, 02:39 PM   #5
dylanwilson
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post

Oh I totally know that the OEM are best mainly because they are sealed and actually getting cold air from the outside vs from the engine bay… I just want the cool induction noises 😂😂
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2024, 07:45 PM   #6
Tangent
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01, F82, E89, F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanwilson View Post
Oh I totally know that the OEM are best mainly because they are sealed and actually getting cold air from the outside vs from the engine bay… I just want the cool induction noises 😂😂
If you're looking for noise, have you removed the carbon filters yet? That'll get you a bit of nice induction whoosh.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2024, 11:30 PM   #7
OCSPEED
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: ‘16 F80 M3

I have a set of APEX Built Titanium Front Mount Intakes for sale if interested. I am located in OC as well
Appreciate 0