BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications 2020 M550i tuned

04-08-2021, 02:31 AM   #1
sjanda35
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 535i

Sent in my ecu's to DME Tuning of Texas for their stage 2 tune. Got them back, put them in. Drove the car, didn't see a difference at all. Asked for burbles & pops. My car actually popped less than stock. Next day, cel as soon as I start up my car. Talked to DME, was told to change spark plugs to NGK 97506. Did it. Cel comes back as P0193 for the fuel rail pressure sensor. Drove the car. Would start up normal sometimes and other times would take a few cranks more to start up. On one of the startups, the car was how it would be with tune. Rev it & the pops are amazing. Then it would go back to being weird due to sensor. Drove it, any time it felt weird I pulled over, turned car off & turned it back on. One of those times, it was completely normal (cel still on tho) & the tune was working. Crazy nice amount of pops & burbles for 30 seconds, then feel like it's horrible. Just ordered a new sensor today, hoping it's just a sensor issue and not a fuel pump issue. From the 20-30 seconds I got to feel the tune, it was crazy. I have downpipes but have not installed them yet. This thing popped like crazy even without dp's. Hoping to get this sensor issue fixed ASAP & the cel gone so I can really see how much better the car is with the stage 2 tune. Going to put the dp's on very soon too and can't wait. If anyone else has had a fuel sensor issue, please let me know any tips you have about this.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2021, 11:40 AM   #2
ZulaM5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: On Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjanda35 View Post
Sent in my ecu's to DME Tuning of Texas for their stage 2 tune. Got them back, put them in. Drove the car, didn't see a difference at all. Asked for burbles & pops. My car actually popped less than stock. Next day, cel as soon as I start up my car. Talked to DME, was told to change spark plugs to NGK 97506. Did it. Cel comes back as P0193 for the fuel rail pressure sensor. Drove the car. Would start up normal sometimes and other times would take a few cranks more to start up. On one of the startups, the car was how it would be with tune. Rev it & the pops are amazing. Then it would go back to being weird due to sensor. Drove it, any time it felt weird I pulled over, turned car off & turned it back on. One of those times, it was completely normal (cel still on tho) & the tune was working. Crazy nice amount of pops & burbles for 30 seconds, then feel like it's horrible. Just ordered a new sensor today, hoping it's just a sensor issue and not a fuel pump issue. From the 20-30 seconds I got to feel the tune, it was crazy. I have downpipes but have not installed them yet. This thing popped like crazy even without dp's. Hoping to get this sensor issue fixed ASAP & the cel gone so I can really see how much better the car is with the stage 2 tune. Going to put the dp's on very soon too and can't wait. If anyone else has had a fuel sensor issue, please let me know any tips you have about this.
You have a stage 2 tune without having downpipes on the car? Why?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2021, 07:28 PM   #3
sjanda35
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZulaM5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjanda35 View Post
You have a stage 2 tune without having downpipes on the car? Why?
I bought the Downpipes in January but never installed them just waiting to buy quickjacks. Then dme had a discount on the tune for tx2k and I bought it. Bought quickjacks and was waiting for them to come in. Sent my ecus so they would be back by the time the quickjacks come in. Ecu's came in first.
Appreciate 0