BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications Flashed Bootmod3 Tonight 😎

02-09-2021, 05:44 PM   #67
bmwG0dMSport
Rep
Drives: BMW 530ix M sport

Hi Guys! I just purchased a 2019 530ix M Sport and definitely need to increase HP to as close as possible to the 540. Im torn between Racechip or JB4 piggyback and a BM3 tune. My dealer service agent suggested the JB4 piggyback to avoid risk and warranty issues as they are more safe and straight forward. With that said, Im not a street racer and just need more HP since I traded in a Jag V8 400+ HP. Any insight would be greatly appreciated because most topics are focused on the 540 or 550 tunes.
Appreciate 1
      02-11-2021, 10:56 PM   #68
Knifeedge2k1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 520i 2019

get a JB4

While a BM3 would be ideal if you're planning actual hardware mods, a JB4 will be just as good (if not better) if you plan to retain stock hardware.

Without hardware mods it's quite hard to get to 540i level (unless you have access to E85, then you're gonna be close but not quite there)

With hardware mods it's still BARELY possible to get to 540i level.

535i level from previous gen, yes, but the B58 with the lower compression is a different animal
Appreciate 1
      02-11-2021, 11:00 PM   #69
Knifeedge2k1
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Check out VipinLJ's 330xi, he's getting sub 5s 0-60 and just broke the sub 13s 1/4mile but this is on a custom JB4 map to fully extract potential from his access to cheap E85 fuel.

a 530xi isn't going to replicate those numbers (extra 130kg) but it'll still be a major improvement to the stock 30i experience

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/member.php?u=462427
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2021, 09:14 AM   #70
rogervip888
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 116i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobadabing View Post
hey sorry to bother you, i also have a 2018 540, which i did a mppk tune from bm3, and my oil reset light came on. i tuned it back to stock and took it to the dealer and they fixed it, i tuned back and got the same oil light issue. i left it like that for a couple of month, and i just tuned back to stock and took it to the dealers and they flagged my dme. did you fixed your issue, if so how?,
Hey friend, just passed by this thread. I am wondering if your issue had been fixed or not?
I want to share my experience fixing the oil reset light issue from what BM3 team told me. When you are about to flash your chosen map, click on “ Download, flash later “option under a WiFi stable circumstance. Then connect the car and do the flash by clicking on “Flash now”. The problem should be fixed.
Appreciate 3
      02-25-2021, 12:59 PM   #71
rismo
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 335

Just installed BM3 on my n63t2, proces and software seems to be quite mature.
Flash was done in 20 minutes on a Windows 10 laptop. No hickups or strange things happened.

Overall more power it seems and more aggression, it's mainly making a difference in sport mode. and that feels very good. Will do some logging the coming days to see how happy the engine is.

Stage 1 93 ...
BMW 335 E92 09 - Full options - DKG - MHD by Buraq - RB Next Gen - RB Inlets/Outlet - Forge Diverter Valves - AR Catless DP - Afe Intake - Helix IC - FuelIT Stage 2 LPFP - Ar Oil Cooler - PPK Water Cooler - M3 Suspension - JRZ RS1 Shocks - Eibach Pro Springs - Drexler LSD - BMW IS Exhaust - Carbon Endurance Brake Pads - Stainless Steel Brake Lines - M101 Wheels - Michelin PS2 - M-Tech Body - M-Strutbar
BMW M550i G30 2019 - BM3
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2021, 10:07 AM   #72
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rismo View Post
Just installed BM3 on my n63t2, proces and software seems to be quite mature.
Flash was done in 20 minutes on a Windows 10 laptop. No hickups or strange things happened.

Overall more power it seems and more aggression, it's mainly making a difference in sport mode. and that feels very good. Will do some logging the coming days to see how happy the engine is.

Stage 1 93 ...

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2021, 06:59 PM   #73
23109VC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5

Garage List
How much power do you think the car is making with the new flash??
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2021, 03:44 PM   #74
rismo
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 335

Power is significant but I did not dyno yet.

I do notice a quite significant turbo whistling sound under wot, is this to be expected or just with my car as in my turbo's are on their way out?

I'm used to a tuned n54, so I'm not perse oversensitive to engine noise so to say.
BMW 335 E92 09 - Full options - DKG - MHD by Buraq - RB Next Gen - RB Inlets/Outlet - Forge Diverter Valves - AR Catless DP - Afe Intake - Helix IC - FuelIT Stage 2 LPFP - Ar Oil Cooler - PPK Water Cooler - M3 Suspension - JRZ RS1 Shocks - Eibach Pro Springs - Drexler LSD - BMW IS Exhaust - Carbon Endurance Brake Pads - Stainless Steel Brake Lines - M101 Wheels - Michelin PS2 - M-Tech Body - M-Strutbar
BMW M550i G30 2019 - BM3
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2021, 10:45 PM   #75
bmwG0dMSport
Rep
Drives: BMW 530ix M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knifeedge2k1 View Post
Check out VipinLJ's 330xi, he's getting sub 5s 0-60 and just broke the sub 13s 1/4mile but this is on a custom JB4 map to fully extract potential from his access to cheap E85 fuel.

a 530xi isn't going to replicate those numbers (extra 130kg) but it'll still be a major improvement to the stock 30i experience

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/member.php?u=462427
Thanks! I ended up going with DME tune +80 Hp. I will let you know how it goes after my appointment this week.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 02:29 PM   #76
Sophisto540
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i

Garage List
2017 BMW 540i  [0.00]
Holy Bootmod3 Batman!!!

Flashed bootmod3 a couple weeks back and it has been a wild ride.

Initial flash went fine and car was driving fine in the Stage 1, 93 Octane, but then it got a little weird. First, my active air vents that have always been stuck open started throwing a code. That was the impetus behind my first support ticket. Then, as proTUNING Freaks were responding to that, I started getting a message in the car that it couldn't determine the oil status.

All of this started happening on Saturday, March 20, but proTuning Freaks were responding non-stop through the weekend so kudos to those guys! I had a remote session with them at the beginning of the work week and they cleared errors so that I could take it to the dealership for warranty work on the active vents. That took a week and a half to get an appointment but after finally getting that sorted last Thursday, I tried to reflash stage 1.

That was when it got really weird. Drivetrain malfunctions galore and the car stopped going into gear. Of course it was Easter weekend so I didn't expect much in the way of support until today but, once again, the guys at proTuning Freaks responded to my support tickets over the weekend so that I had a remote coding session first thing this morning. Needless to say, I was stressing all weekend because my car was an incredibly expensive paperweight and my wife was out of town so take-out was on the menu, haha.

So this morning Serge freaking killed it in the best way possible. Completely sorted every issue and set me up for success when I flashed back to stage 1.

All that to say that bootmod3 made my car incredible. I haven't gotten that excited driving a car since I test-drove a 2016 M4. My hands were literally shaking afterwards! Highly recommend this tune!

Also to say that proTuning Freaks absolutely stands behind their product and will help you if something goes awry. Can't say that enough.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 04:22 PM   #77
DBO
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: G30 540i SDrive (MPPSK+Mods)

Good news you got it sorted. Nice to read that they provide that level of support.
Strange that you had so many issues with a stage 1 OTS map though. Did they give you any insight as to what caused it?
      04-05-2021, 05:22 PM   #78
Sophisto540
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW 540i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBO View Post
Good news you got it sorted. Nice to read that they provide that level of support.
Strange that you had so many issues with a stage 1 OTS map though. Did they give you any insight as to what caused it?
It seemed to be a missing file issue in the car's system itself. Honestly, it was so far above my head and as I watched, I just saw numbers and letters with a progress bar in ESys.

Once those were downloaded, the bootmod3 flashes worked flawlessly.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2021, 11:19 PM   #79
I3LaZeN
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisto540 View Post
Flashed bootmod3 a couple weeks back and it has been a wild ride.

Initial flash went fine and car was driving fine in the Stage 1, 93 Octane, but then it got a little weird. First, my active air vents that have always been stuck open started throwing a code. That was the impetus behind my first support ticket. Then, as proTUNING Freaks were responding to that, I started getting a message in the car that it couldn't determine the oil status.

All of this started happening on Saturday, March 20, but proTuning Freaks were responding non-stop through the weekend so kudos to those guys! I had a remote session with them at the beginning of the work week and they cleared errors so that I could take it to the dealership for warranty work on the active vents. That took a week and a half to get an appointment but after finally getting that sorted last Thursday, I tried to reflash stage 1.

That was when it got really weird. Drivetrain malfunctions galore and the car stopped going into gear. Of course it was Easter weekend so I didn't expect much in the way of support until today but, once again, the guys at proTuning Freaks responded to my support tickets over the weekend so that I had a remote coding session first thing this morning. Needless to say, I was stressing all weekend because my car was an incredibly expensive paperweight and my wife was out of town so take-out was on the menu, haha.

So this morning Serge freaking killed it in the best way possible. Completely sorted every issue and set me up for success when I flashed back to stage 1.

All that to say that bootmod3 made my car incredible. I haven't gotten that excited driving a car since I test-drove a 2016 M4. My hands were literally shaking afterwards! Highly recommend this tune!

Also to say that proTuning Freaks absolutely stands behind their product and will help you if something goes awry. Can't say that enough.
Glad you got it resolved. I flashed bm3 stage 2 on my 2018 540i yesterday and after the flash, my car wasnt going into gear either. I got scared quickly but decided to flash it again. After the 2nd time, everything worked perfectly. Car feels amazing. Only issue i'm having now is the engine oil status. I emailed bm3 support and pretty confident based on these posts that itll be resolved quickly. Bm3 ftw!
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2021, 11:03 AM   #80
I3LaZeN
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3LaZeN View Post
Glad you got it resolved. I flashed bm3 stage 2 on my 2018 540i yesterday and after the flash, my car wasnt going into gear either. I got scared quickly but decided to flash it again. After the 2nd time, everything worked perfectly. Car feels amazing. Only issue i'm having now is the engine oil status. I emailed bm3 support and pretty confident based on these posts that itll be resolved quickly. Bm3 ftw!
So the same issue happened as mentioned above -- I went to flash the car to eliminate the unable to measure oil level error and then got the drivetrain malfunction error. I was unable to shift to any gears. I reached out to BM3/PTF support on Saturday and we set up a reservation for today (Monday)
Zanin was AMAZING! He connected remotely and updated software ID's - not exactly sure what matrix stuff he was doing but my car is all good now!!
Amazing support and tune!
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2021, 11:47 PM   #81
540iSUP
Captain
Rep
Drives: G30, E36

I recently flashed Bootmod3 on my 2017 540i and got the oil level indicator light too. After downloading the flash first, then reflashing, it solved the issue, however I got a drivetrain malfunction and it locked up my shifter. I sent in a ticket and a few hours later I was online with PFT doing a remote session. They fixed everything and told me to wait a bit before reflashing so they can work on the code. After about week I made some changes to my tune and reflashed ACN91 Stage 1. It killed my Drivetrain again. PFT was doing a remote session with me within a few hours, this time they deleted my old license and set me up with a new one. Everything is now working properly and I can flash a tune with no issues.

There must be something with the code that they have saved in the cloud. After doing some research, it seems this issue is mostly with G30 B58s. The good thing is that PFT can fix the issue within an hour and they are super quick to respond. It seems that about 50% of G30 B58s will experience this problem until they update the tune.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2021, 07:01 PM   #82
dlf750
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 540i M Package

Garage List
Hey gang, seems that everyone loves the BM3. I have a 19 540 w/M package and my car comes off lease in March 2022. Due to COVID, at the moment, car only has 25k on the odo, so for the first time ever, might buy the car off lease for $40k. I will check what these are selling for at that point in time but if they're close to $40k or above, seems smart to buy it out, at least for me and I do love the car. For me it pulls very nicely now but I know a BM3 tune would increase the fun factor.

As an aside, will I get a burble with the BM3? Is it a coding issue? TIA
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2021, 10:53 PM   #83
540iSUP
Captain
Rep

I would check to see if your ECU is locked out first; otherwise you would have to pull it and have it bench unlocked.

As for burbles, they are an OEM setting with the MPPSK tune and you can adjust the setting with any tune.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2021, 02:45 PM   #84
sstyle
Private
Rep
Drives: X3MC F97

Guys can you show your measurements? 0-60mph for example

And which features is available for now? Map switching, antilag or something else?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2021, 06:50 AM   #85
540iSUP
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstyle View Post
Guys can you show your measurements? 0-60mph for example

And which features is available for now? Map switching, antilag or something else?
I don't have any draggy numbers or anything, but I can inform you about the features.

At this time, for the G30, there is no antilag, map switching, or Flex Fuel trimming. According to BM3, they are working on that for the B58. Right now, with all the OTS maps, you will have an OEM tune, MPPSK tune, Stage 1, Stage 2, and Stage 2+. All the Staged tunes can run anywhere between 91 ACN octane and E30 mixes. You have the ability to customize certain things: Burble settings, GT start-up vs OEM start-up, Post Cat sensor bypass, and HPFP settings.

Hopefully they will finish their flex fuel maps soon, this will be a game changer.

You can also go to the Protuningfreaks website for more info and upcoming updates to maps.

Last edited by 540iSUP; 09-02-2021 at 06:52 AM.. Reason: Added more info
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2021, 12:32 PM   #86
sstyle
Private
Rep
Drives: X3MC F97

Thanks!

Mine 540i xDrive 0-100km/h results with MG Flasher:

Stage 1: 4.0s
Stage 1 + xHP stage 3: 3.8s
Stage 2 + xHP stage 3: 3.5s

0-60mph will be faster for sure.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2022, 02:50 PM   #87
RonronEG
Lieutenant
Rep

How is comfort mode with Stage 1 91 for everyone? It doesn't seem smooth at all, very sensitive on the throttle for comfort mode and the shift points are strange. Any suggestions?

Should I give it more time to adapt? 55miles on it since the flash, 30 highway in medium traffic and 25mi on the back roads.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2022, 07:20 PM   #88
Knifeedge2k1
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonronEG View Post
How is comfort mode with Stage 1 91 for everyone? It doesn't seem smooth at all, very sensitive on the throttle for comfort mode and the shift points are strange. Any suggestions?

Should I give it more time to adapt? 55miles on it since the flash, 30 highway in medium traffic and 25mi on the back roads.
The tune doesn't affect shift points so that is probably in your head (unless you have xhp)

My stage 2 91 on comfort is fine, sport is certain sensitive but nothing too outrageous

Fwiw I have a 19 520i(mechanically same as 30i)

You really need to provide logs to see if you're actually having an issue because perception varies wildly between people.

What the metrics that would be interesting would be how quickly the throttle, wastegate and load change as you feed in the pedal
Appreciate 0