BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery Custom Build G30 540xi

09-20-2020, 09:18 AM   #1
djrabbi
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 M50i

Hi Guys

We got rid of my wife's C43 AMG that was a bit too small given we just had a newborn. Looking at the 5 series but nothing we like for 2020. Since my wife saw the new Nardo Grey lookalike, we decided to custom build. Few questions...

What is the best discount you guys have seen? I have a dealer who I was working with back in March giving me same discount of 11%

How long is the actual build process? I'm hoping to get December/January Numbers

Did you guys have to run a credit app before building one? We were approved back in March but if car is going to take 60+ days, I don't want to keep running it as I think credit apps only last 60 days

Speaking from the past, I think December numbers will have 2000-3000 more in incentives based on loyalty and lease credit

We currently own a f15 x5 that has been giving us issues lately with blowing spark plugs. Has anyone complained to BMW NA to maybe give a discount on a future car?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2020, 09:42 AM   #2
admannj
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW 540i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by djrabbi View Post
Hi Guys

We got rid of my wife's C43 AMG that was a bit too small given we just had a newborn. Looking at the 5 series but nothing we like for 2020. Since my wife saw the new Nardo Grey lookalike, we decided to custom build. Few questions...

What is the best discount you guys have seen? I have a dealer who I was working with back in March giving me same discount of 11%

How long is the actual build process? I'm hoping to get December/January Numbers

Did you guys have to run a credit app before building one? We were approved back in March but if car is going to take 60+ days, I don't want to keep running it as I think credit apps only last 60 days

Speaking from the past, I think December numbers will have 2000-3000 more in incentives based on loyalty and lease credit

We currently own a f15 x5 that has been giving us issues lately with blowing spark plugs. Has anyone complained to BMW NA to maybe give a discount on a future car?
Discount is going to be a variable based on each dealer - including location. Best bet is to shop around a couple of dealers in your area.

The build, itself, is about 7-10 days but the process from order to build could be 4-6 weeks. It's all about the dealer having an allocation for that build. As an example, I ordered my 2021 540i xDrive 2 weeks ago but it is slotted for a Week 41 (first week of October) build. East coast delivery will be 2 weeks shorter than west coast, obviously.

A credit app will be needed prior to ordering. My BMW dealership, as do many others, if not all, can lock pricing for 60 days but will honor better pricing if it becomes available by time of delivery.

Good luck!

In Garage: '21 G30 540i xDrive
Retired: '18 F15 X5 xDrive35i | '17 G30 540i xDrive | '15 F15 X5 xDrive 35i | '14 F10 535i xDrive | '12 E70 X5 xDrive35i | '11 F10 535i xDrive | '07 E90 328xi
Appreciate 1
djrabbi724.00