BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery 2021 5 series Nov lease and ordering info please?

11-14-2020, 01:49 PM   #1
Jstew
Rep
Drives: BMW 5 series

2021 5 series Nov lease and ordering info please?

Hello everyone. Trying to get info on Nov lease deals and trying to find info about ordering a 530. What kind of deals are people getting off an ordered vehicle? That is stating that dealers are giving deals. I’ve never ordered a vehicle so I’m not sure if they give discounts on ordered units. Also, I am looking for buy rate money factors and residuals. I’m in MS. All and any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for help.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2020, 05:29 PM   #2
hoyas490
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 M550i

I'd recommend looking in the sticky that has lease rates and deals. Jason updates every month with the current factory incentives and rebates as well as residuals. Money factor is no longer allowed to be posted each month.

For context, which also is posted in forum threads about this, my deal was 10.5% off, plus incentives, and buy-rate MF (.00082) with prime credit, on a custom ordered M550i.

Would recommend some searching around for lease deals people have posted in the last couple of months to do your comparisons. Also, leasehackr forums are your friend, lots of info there. I used a broker ($400 fee) and he got me $4k more discounted than I found elsewhere on my own. Was worth the $ to me to save over $3,500 on an expensive car.

Link to main sticky: Official 5 Series Quotes, Pricing and Lease Rates Thread https://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1543177
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2020, 09:13 PM   #3
Jstew
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyas490 View Post
I'd recommend looking in the sticky that has lease rates and deals. Jason updates every month with the current factory incentives and rebates as well as residuals. Money factor is no longer allowed to be posted each month.

For context, which also is posted in forum threads about this, my deal was 10.5% off, plus incentives, and buy-rate MF (.00082) with prime credit, on a custom ordered M550i.

Would recommend some searching around for lease deals people have posted in the last couple of months to do your comparisons. Also, leasehackr forums are your friend, lots of info there. I used a broker ($400 fee) and he got me $4k more discounted than I found elsewhere on my own. Was worth the $ to me to save over $3,500 on an expensive car.

Link to main sticky: Official 5 Series Quotes, Pricing and Lease Rates Thread https://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1543177
thank you for taking the time to reply. I appreciate all the info. I have never used a broker. Do I just search car brokers or how does that work? Sounds like you received a great deal. I’m hoping to do the same. One more thing for now, how long did it take to get your after you placed your order? If you don’t mind me asking.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2020, 10:50 PM   #4
hoyas490
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstew View Post
Quote:

thank you for taking the time to reply. I appreciate all the info. I have never used a broker. Do I just search car brokers or how does that work? Sounds like you received a great deal. I’m hoping to do the same. One more thing for now, how long did it take to get your after you placed your order? If you don’t mind me asking.
Happy to help, as I remember being new to these forums and car buying snd being lost. One tip though, the search function is your friend. Most things have been discussed a ton already, so searching before posting is always good. You'll get more replies when it's been clear you've searched and couldn't find your answer already (why I assume I'm the only reply so far).

Regarding brokers, to an extent, yes. You just find one you like snd can sorta seem to trust, but there's much more nuance there. I'm happy to connect you with my broker if you're on the eastern seaboard between GA and Maine (though he primarily deals DC to NYC areas). Was a pleasant experience, and I've dealt with a lot of brokers and helped middle man 10+ leases for friends and family.

My car is at the port now, and should be here by Christmas. Generally, they say about 60 days from time production starts to delivery. Ordering date to production date really depends on your dealer and their allocations. Could be 36 hours or 3.5 months.

If you go to the ordering section, you'll see my thread (I post almost daily on it) and it has my timeline in there. This is my 3rd custom build BMW, so I'm a bit used to the process. Happy to answer more specifically about dealers or brokers via PM, but like to avoid overly hyping or trashing on anyone publicly. Unless they really fuck someone over, not a cool thing to do.

Generally though, on custom builds for G30 5 series (530-540 models, not m550i or M5 - 10-15% discounts are not unheard of). That's for custom builds and relatively new on lot cars. Demos or things sitting, you might get lucky and push towards 15-20%, but the higher you go the more likely the options or colors suck or it's a high mileage abused demo. Id recommend really consuming all posts in the lease deal thread and as much as possible posted for the model you want in the ordering section. Will give you somewhere to be realistic about your expectations for.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2020, 01:18 PM   #5
Jstew
Rep

Quote:
Happy to help, as I remember being new to these forums and car buying snd being lost. One tip though, the search function is your friend. Most things have been discussed a ton already, so searching before posting is always good. You'll get more replies when it's been clear you've searched and couldn't find your answer already (why I assume I'm the only reply so far).

Regarding brokers, to an extent, yes. You just find one you like snd can sorta seem to trust, but there's much more nuance there. I'm happy to connect you with my broker if you're on the eastern seaboard between GA and Maine (though he primarily deals DC to NYC areas). Was a pleasant experience, and I've dealt with a lot of brokers and helped middle man 10+ leases for friends and family.

My car is at the port now, and should be here by Christmas. Generally, they say about 60 days from time production starts to delivery. Ordering date to production date really depends on your dealer and their allocations. Could be 36 hours or 3.5 months.

If you go to the ordering section, you'll see my thread (I post almost daily on it) and it has my timeline in there. This is my 3rd custom build BMW, so I'm a bit used to the process. Happy to answer more specifically about dealers or brokers via PM, but like to avoid overly hyping or trashing on anyone publicly. Unless they really fuck someone over, not a cool thing to do.

Generally though, on custom builds for G30 5 series (530-540 models, not m550i or M5 - 10-15% discounts are not unheard of). That's for custom builds and relatively new on lot cars. Demos or things sitting, you might get lucky and push towards 15-20%, but the higher you go the more likely the options or colors suck or it's a high mileage abused demo. Id recommend really consuming all posts in the lease deal thread and as much as possible posted for the model you want in the ordering section. Will give you somewhere to be realistic about your expectations for.

Once again, I appreciate it. This will be my first beemer. I’m also need to this forum. I’ve tried to search a few things and haven’t been too successful. Just trying to figure it all out. I do appreciate all the info. I’ve bought many vehicles but never ordered so trying to be as informative as possible.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2020, 04:34 PM   #6
crypto
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstew View Post
Quote:

Once again, I appreciate it. This will be my first beemer. I’m also need to this forum. I’ve tried to search a few things and haven’t been too successful. Just trying to figure it all out. I do appreciate all the info. I’ve bought many vehicles but never ordered so trying to be as informative as possible.
I'd take a quick run at local dealers and see what they will do for you too. You'll find from reading these forums that some dealers just won't do anything near a deal you read about. A broker may still be a good option for you but try to take everything into account. It's a nice no hassle way to go as well. For me I almost went that way. They could get 9% off MSRP but in the end I ordered myself. I got right above 8% myself. What I took into further consideration was the following:

- there is a fee for the broker. I think they are fairly priced but for me it was effectively .5% give or take
- the dealership with the allocation was out of state and further than multiple local dealers
- the sales tax out of state vs local was either 1.5% or 1.85% (can't rem which) higher.. which by itself more than negated the difference

Prob less of a consideration but something to keep an eye on... each dealer has their own processing fee. This is dealer specific and has nothing to do with destination. Around here it ranges from $499-$899. Quite a swing!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2020, 06:19 PM   #7
Beerflakes
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5, 2021 M550i (soon)

I can add to this. Broker offer was 10% off plus $500 fee plus shipping vehicle 8 hours to me.

I gave an opportunity to a local dealer and they didn’t play games. They offered 9% off and base MF, which would effectively be a better deal for me considering I no longer needed to pay fees and shipping. Also saved me on dealer fees, and I got to support a local business.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2020, 09:47 PM   #8
Jstew
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crypto View Post
I'd take a quick run at local dealers and see what they will do for you too. You'll find from reading these forums that some dealers just won't do anything near a deal you read about. A broker may still be a good option for you but try to take everything into account. It's a nice no hassle way to go as well. For me I almost went that way. They could get 9% off MSRP but in the end I ordered myself. I got right above 8% myself. What I took into further consideration was the following:

- there is a fee for the broker. I think they are fairly priced but for me it was effectively .5% give or take
- the dealership with the allocation was out of state and further than multiple local dealers
- the sales tax out of state vs local was either 1.5% or 1.85% (can't rem which) higher.. which by itself more than negated the difference

Prob less of a consideration but something to keep an eye on... each dealer has their own processing fee. This is dealer specific and has nothing to do with destination. Around here it ranges from $499-$899. Quite a swing!
Thank you for all the great info!
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2020, 02:24 PM   #9
Alex110g
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 540 2021

Hi everyone. Just pick up my new 2021 540 m sport 73000$ MSRP. With great payment. Highly recommended West German BMW in PA . General manager Jeremy. I think nobody can beat his rate. 10.5% off MSRP, not a lot of fee and base MF .00082
Appreciate 1
      11-24-2020, 10:01 AM   #10
35mphgolf
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘18 Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex110g View Post
Hi everyone. Just pick up my new 2021 540 m sport 73000$ MSRP. With great payment. Highly recommended West German BMW in PA . General manager Jeremy. I think nobody can beat his rate. 10.5% off MSRP, not a lot of fee and base MF .00082
Thanks Alex I may be reaching out.

My VA dealer initially came back with the following for my individual order and it’s not gonna get much better.

Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 10:30 AM   #11
crypto
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35mphgolf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex110g View Post
Thanks Alex I may be reaching out.

My VA dealer initially came back with the following for my individual order and it’s not gonna get much better.

I don't know much about leases but is ~10% down normal? Also that discount, if I am reading it correctly, looks pretty low. Seems to be right about 5% of the price before destination (assuming that's the $998 addon).
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 10:34 AM   #12
35mphgolf
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘18 Macan Turbo

Quote:
I don't know much about leases but is ~10% down normal? Also that discount, if I am reading it correctly, looks pretty low. Seems to be right about 5% of the price before destination (assuming that's the $998 addon).
I don’t believe that’s normal. Looks like most of the money down is from the MSD (listed as Security Deposit, at least I’m assuming that’s what this field is). Still, a very low discount and high markup on the MF (listed as Rate).

**edit: also just noticed the BMW incentives are all eaten up with ‘Fees’. I believe they have a standard processing fee of $399 but the rest they’re apparently trying to gobble up for themselves. Yikes.

Last edited by 35mphgolf; 11-25-2020 at 08:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 08:38 AM   #13
hoyas490
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35mphgolf View Post
Quote:
I don't believe that's normal. Looks like most of the money down is from the MSD (listed as Security Deposit, at least I'm assuming that's what this field is). Still, a very low discount and high markup on the MF (listed as Rate).

**edit: also just noticed the BMW incentives are all eaten up with 'Fees'. I believe they have a standard processing fee of $399 but the rest they're apparently trying to gobble up for themselves. Yikes.
The fact that you're paying multiple MSDs (almost $10k worth) and are still getting dinged on Mf is bullshit. Should be .00082 BEFORE MSDs (what I got on my custom build with minimal effort)

I would definitely have some stronger conversations around that, because you're leaving some potentially serious money on the table there. MSDs should drop you well below the .00082 base MF rate. Not leave you a few points above it.
Appreciate 1