BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding BMW Connected app Canada

11-18-2018, 07:25 PM   #23
KirklandCAN
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 540i Xdrive (M)

Garage List
I just bought my 2018 M540i xdrive a few weeks ago. I installed the BMW Remote app (which I traded for the BMW Connected Drive app when prrompted). I enabled 3d view in the iDrive settings. I see the default view (seems to be at BMW hq) but it won’t refresh the view when I prompt it to do so. Is anyone else having this isssue? I did log out of the app and logged back in but it didn’t prompt me to accept any new terms of use/privacy as mentioned by Khatopito. Thanks in advance and feel free to suggest anything.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2018, 02:52 PM   #24
bmwgcyr
Bimmerfest coding member since 2012
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW m550i xDrive 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirklandCAN View Post
I just bought my 2018 M540i xdrive a few weeks ago. I installed the BMW Remote app (which I traded for the BMW Connected Drive app when prrompted). I enabled 3d view in the iDrive settings. I see the default view (seems to be at BMW hq) but it won’t refresh the view when I prompt it to do so. Is anyone else having this isssue? I did log out of the app and logged back in but it didn’t prompt me to accept any new terms of use/privacy as mentioned by Khatopito. Thanks in advance and feel free to suggest anything.
I have the same issue for my m550i 2018. I was able to enable the 3d Remote View setting in the IDrive Privacy setting and my connected app does the first step successfully: Connecting to secure server but when trying to activate the cameras, it gives me the following error: Impossible to connect to data network. Help please!

From Montreal Canada...
Z1Q, ZC5, ZK9, ZTV, 29X, 2VW, 4LQ, 4161, LZFK
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2018, 02:02 PM   #25
Krazee-Eyez Killa
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 530e

BMW Connected App in Canada

The Response I got from BMW when I tweeted them about Android app.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-21-2018, 12:30 AM   #26
F82///M
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom21 View Post
I’ve got a 530e in Alberta, the only thing available to us is the BMW remote app. It tells me the charge level of the battery and gives me the ability to precondition the car, send directions to the car, but all other features aren’t active. Other connective services like in-car wifi etc aren’t available in Canada.
It's an old post but in case you still have the car, yes we do have WiFi in Canada. Even my salesman told me it doesn't work but it does. It's with AT&T Mobility Canada and we have 3 months and 3gb of data for free. After that you can choose a montly plan.
Service has good coverage, I've used it mostly for my radar detector.

To activate, turn on the wifi in idrive, connect your device and open up the web browser. From there is the same deal as registration for any other WiFi network.
If I remember correctly, after connecting new WiFi device to the car you have to add it on to the known devices list (separately from Bluetooth known devices) and it's good to go.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 09:35 AM   #27
Dex05
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2019 - White/Beige

for anyone who may need last version of BMW connected Android app (North America Version):

https://apktada.com/app/de.bmw.connected.na

It is working well in Canada with Remote 3D. Remote Start is not available for Android phones yet.

Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 09:02 PM   #28
Georgeharb
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 50I

I purchased a BMW 2019 X5 in the US. It was a Canadian car. I cannot get the connected drive to work with the US version. I would like to try to get the Canadian version of connected Drive. Does anyone know where I can get the connected drive version for the Canadian Market?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2020, 09:16 AM   #29
BeeMdblU
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F86, F25, G16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgeharb View Post
I purchased a BMW 2019 X5 in the US. It was a Canadian car. I cannot get the connected drive to work with the US version. I would like to try to get the Canadian version of connected Drive. Does anyone know where I can get the connected drive version for the Canadian Market?
A quick fix I guess would be the Canadian App store, you could probably create one with a Canadian address.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 08:54 AM   #30
Georgeharb
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 50I

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMdblU View Post
A quick fix I guess would be the Canadian App store, you could probably create one with a Canadian address.
Thanks for the reply. I think your idea of getting the Canadian Play Store app for BMW connected would work. However if I change my Play Store around on my Android phone I cannot change it back for one year. Look
"You can only change your Play country once per year. So if you change your country, you won’t be able to change it back for one year" that don't make sense. I need to find another way to download the APK of the Canadian connecteddrive app.
Appreciate 0