BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications Don’t buy VRSF Charge Pipe

10-28-2020, 06:25 PM   #1
indy25
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i

Don’t buy VRSF Charge Pipe

I purchased a charge pipe direct from them and it showed up in a timely manner. I looked it over and down in the tube there is weld build up and pieces of weld splatter in the tube, which I knocked it off with a rounded file. I then proceeded with installation now that I know it is safe now. I noticed the screw for the meth option was loose I backed it out and the threads came out with it. I’m like ok I can fix this later with tap and die. Next I remove the sensor that screws into it’s body into the charge pipe well I get like 1/2 way in and the threads lock up. It won’t screw down anymore. Yes, I wrenched it on as it is plastic threads and I already had the bottom half installed and back together and I needed to drive my car.

So, I contact VRSF about my issues and ask for a replacement and I offered to send this one back and they refuse to send me a replacement because they thought I used the OEM screws which you can’t use, and you have to be special to attempt that. Then they tell me they can’t return products that were accidentally damaged during the installation. Talk about great customer service. I will never buy any junk from them again.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2020, 05:09 PM   #2
DBO
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: G30 540i SDrive (MPPSK+Mods)

That's a shame. I'm about to get the charge pipe. The intake side was really good quality on the version I had. Should post some photos so they can see some customer feedback.