BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Coding drl rear lamps to stay on

06-20-2019, 03:36 PM   #1
nunosa
Private
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 2018 G31

Coding drl rear lamps to stay on

Hi all

Can this be done in g30/g31

Can anyone help me how to?

Many thx
      06-24-2019, 10:53 PM   #2
aadum
Second Lieutenant
Croatia
Rep
Drives: 330xd e92 ,520d f10, 540i G30

buy full version of bimmer code + bluetooth connector and then code it yourself (if there is an option) check on their website.

Last edited by aadum; 06-25-2019 at 10:26 PM.. Reason: wrote usb instead of bluetooth
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 11:08 PM   #3
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

I don't believe it is technically possible on the g30 even with esys.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2019, 01:20 PM   #4
CLABRO
THUNDER UP!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M Sport G30

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aadum View Post
buy full version of bimmer code + usb connector and then code it yourself (if there is an option) check on their website.
Their website shows a generic list of things you can code so even if you click on the G30, it shows things that aren't applicable and/or unable to code for on our cars. It would be nice if they could keep their website up to date and only show what can be coded for each specific chassis because before I bought the app, I went to the website and it showed probably 2 or 3x the amount of things that can be coded in reality.

With that said, you're unable to code this with BimmerCode for our cars. I'm not sure if you're able to do it with other coding platforms.

G30 l Alpine White l M Sport Package l Executive Tier l Icon Adaptive Full LED Headlights l Mocha Nappa Leather l Multi-Contour Seats l Drivers Assistance Package l Drivers Assistance Plus Package l Dynamic Handling Package l Parking Assistance Package l Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System l M Sport Brakes l Apple Carplay
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2019, 05:01 PM   #5
bojler
Private
Rep
Drives: M850i

What’s one example of a feature shown on their web page which you can’t code? Are you sure you have the proper module? I was able to find every feature which is on their website and I tried to code a lot of features
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2019, 05:05 PM   #6
nunosa
Private
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 2018 G31

Quote:
buy full version of bimmer code + usb connector and then code it yourself (if there is an option) check on their website.
Quote:
I have full version of bimmercode bought with the adapter, do not know usb conector..i have a bluetooh one...

Also dont think that bimmercode see that option...i look for it but dis not find it..

Do you know were is it?
      06-25-2019, 08:40 PM   #7
Mach550
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i

Garage List
2019 BMW M550i  [8.00]
I might be wrong but doesn't the option on the switch between off and auto do what this codes?
      06-25-2019, 10:23 PM   #8
aadum
Second Lieutenant
Croatia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunosa View Post
I have full version of bimmercode bought with the adapter, do not know usb conector..i have a bluetooh one...

Also dont think that bimmercode see that option...i look for it but dis not find it..

Do you know were is it?

this is the only option in regards to DRL at the moment

Checkbox daytime running lights

Enable/disable the checkbox in the lighting settings in the iDrive system to enable/disable the daytime running lights.

Values:
Active
Not active

Available in “Headunit” HU_NBT_EVO
      06-26-2019, 08:59 AM   #9
CLABRO
THUNDER UP!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bojler View Post
What’s one example of a feature shown on their web page which you can’t code? Are you sure you have the proper module? I was able to find every feature which is on their website and I tried to code a lot of features
Here's a few examples listed on their website that you can't code or I haven't found:

- Headlight cleaning blocking time
- Headlight cleaning system deactivation speed threshold
- Active Sound Design is listed on their website as well, but that's only for M550 cars I believe so they should make a note of that on their website.

I think for the most part, BimmerCode has done a great job at making coding as simple as they have done. But I do think there is room for improvement and clarification for certain coding options and what some of them do.

G30 l Alpine White l M Sport Package l Executive Tier l Icon Adaptive Full LED Headlights l Mocha Nappa Leather l Multi-Contour Seats l Drivers Assistance Package l Drivers Assistance Plus Package l Dynamic Handling Package l Parking Assistance Package l Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System l M Sport Brakes l Apple Carplay

Last edited by CLABRO; 06-26-2019 at 09:05 AM..
Appreciate 1
Warp Ten627.00
      06-26-2019, 11:47 PM   #10
aadum
Second Lieutenant
Croatia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLABRO View Post
Here's a few examples listed on their website that you can't code or I haven't found:

- Active Sound Design is listed on their website as well, but that's only for M550 cars I believe so they should make a note of that on their website.

I think for the most part, BimmerCode has done a great job at making coding as simple as they have done. But I do think there is room for improvement and clarification for certain coding options and what some of them do.
which blue tooth adapter do you use,as some of codings require specific adapter?
      06-27-2019, 02:01 AM   #11
bojler
Private
Rep
Drives: M850i

Quote:

I will check the first two and let you know. About ASD - I believe, only M550i, M550d and M5 have that feature.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2019, 08:19 AM   #12
CLABRO
THUNDER UP!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
which blue tooth adapter do you use,as some of codings require specific adapter?
I use the UniCarScan adapter. You're right, some of them do require a specific adapter. So far this one seems to work with all the modules and everything I've wanted to code.

Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 09:00 AM   #13
ejlover06
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 2017 G30 520 1.6lt

Quote:
I use the UniCarScan adapter. You're right, some of them do require a specific adapter. So far this one seems to work with all the modules and everything I've wanted to code.
I also use OBDLink MX+ and it supports all ECUs. But this option is now available through Bimmercode easy mode. I don't know if it can be coded in expert mode though.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2022, 01:35 PM   #14
FullBolton
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW G30

Garage List
  [0.00]
2017 BMW 540I  [0.00]
https://youtu.be/6TwPElMWqSg
Appreciate 2