BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery G30 / G31 UK Order Status Codes

06-03-2017, 01:36 PM   #89
G30Andy
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 520d SE on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboUK View Post

The race is still on
Ha ha, this is great! Not only do you have the excitement of a new car, you're also in a race Can we say first to post pictures on the forum wins
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2017, 03:17 AM   #90
RamboUK
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 (G01) xDrive20i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by G30Andy View Post
Ha ha, this is great! Not only do you have the excitement of a new car, you're also in a race Can we say first to post pictures on the forum wins
Yeah mate, makes it more interesting Kushik so first person to upload pics wins?

BMW system is down as standard on sunday so will know progress tomorrow morning.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2017, 07:58 AM   #91
Kushik
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 530i

Quote:
Yeah mate, makes it more interesting Kushik so first person to upload pics wins?

BMW system is down as standard on sunday so will know progress tomorrow morning.
Works for me I'm kind of hoping that you get yours first though, would lend weight to my complaints to BMW if you get yours first even though it was ordered over a month after mine and also built more than a week after mine. Would give me a much better chance of something good from BMW for "good will"
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2017, 09:09 AM   #92
RamboUK
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushik View Post
Works for me I'm kind of hoping that you get yours first though, would lend weight to my complaints to BMW if you get yours first even though it was ordered over a month after mine and also built more than a week after mine. Would give me a much better chance of something good from BMW for "good will"
Ok sweet man so hopefully i can help you out then.

Will check status in the morning mate.

Surprised your dealer didnt sort anything for you as mine moved around a couple times and even as late as end of september till it finally got sorted in the slot it did.

My delaler had to ring the plant up to get it sorted

Where is yours getting delivered to? Mine is in the North east Newcastle
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2017, 09:47 AM   #93
Kushik
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Ok sweet man so hopefully i can help you out then.

Will check status in the morning mate.

Surprised your dealer didnt sort anything for you as mine moved around a couple times and even as late as end of september till it finally got sorted in the slot it did.

My delaler had to ring the plant up to get it sorted

Where is yours getting delivered to? Mine is in the North east Newcastle
My dealer has been great, original estimate was week 21......then slipped because of a shortage on Variable Damper components to week 25. Dealer stepped in and got it pulled to week 23, finally got built in week 21 but since then it spent more than a week just sat at the factory and now stuck at Bremerhaven so back to week 25. All BMW's mess and not my dealer.......based in South East not far from Windsor
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2017, 02:28 AM   #94
RamboUK
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

WEEK 23 Order update 3rd June 2017 : Car status is 9605 Pre EU port of exit.BMW 530i is "9605 Pre EU port of exit,Tue/Wed to set sail (cant say port)" also the estimated delivery date is around week 25 of June( From BMW Genius)

Will see what my Dealer says today as they will have more detailed information i have been told
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2017, 02:34 AM   #95
Kushik
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
WEEK 23 Order update 3rd June 2017 : Car status is 9605 Pre EU port of exit.BMW 530i is "9605 Pre EU port of exit,Tue/Wed to set sail (cant say port)" also the estimated delivery date is around week 25 of June( From BMW Genius)

Will see what my Dealer says today as they will have more detailed information i have been told
Mine is now 9610, port of exit EU, this means it will almost certainly get on a ship this week, earliest it could land in UK is 8th on the Otello and the latest is 13th on the Tamar.

BMW Genius has now given me an actual date of delivery to the dealer of 20th and again if I factor in 7 days to allow for BMW's usual shipping to Thorne for PDI and then onwards delivery this all factors in to the ships I'm keeping an eye on. Hopefully if the dealer does actually intercept like they said they would then I should be driving around in it next week
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2017, 03:00 AM   #96
Kushik
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

Hmmm, I've got a feeling that you might be going in to Southampton and then transported up to Thorne. Tues/Weds would put you on the Tamesis which gets in to Southampton on 9th

Which would mean that mine will probably be on the same ship as they group them all together
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2017, 04:12 AM   #97
RamboUK
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Mine is now 9610, port of exit EU, this means it will almost certainly get on a ship this week, earliest it could land in UK is 8th on the Otello and the latest is 13th on the Tamar.

BMW Genius has now given me an actual date of delivery to the dealer of 20th and again if I factor in 7 days to allow for BMW's usual shipping to Thorne for PDI and then onwards delivery this all factors in to the ships I'm keeping an eye on. Hopefully if the dealer does actually intercept like they said they would then I should be driving around in it next week
Mate yours sounds good man making good progress

Especially with a date for the delaer rather than a guessed week
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2017, 04:15 AM   #98
RamboUK
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hmmm, I've got a feeling that you might be going in to Southampton and then transported up to Thorne. Tues/Weds would put you on the Tamesis which gets in to Southampton on 9th

Which would mean that mine will probably be on the same ship as they group them all together
Hmm ok so i dont see the logic if it had to travel all the up to Newcastle which is roughly 350 miles away.

I will check the status again later

So what is your dealer trying to do so i could ask the same to quicken it up? They can only say no lol
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2017, 04:25 AM   #99
Kushik
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Hmm ok so i dont see the logic if it had to travel all the up to Newcastle which is roughly 350 miles away.

I will check the status again later

So what is your dealer trying to do so i could ask the same to quicken it up? They can only say no lol
The way UK delivery usually works is that all cars come in to port and then get transported to a central BMW point (usually Thorne, near Hull) here they do the final checks, fit number plates etc. From there the car is then transported on to the dealer. Looking through other people's experiences this process can take anything up to 2 weeks depending on trucks picking up and dropping off cars. What my dealer is doing is called an intercept, where as soon as the car is released by the carrier back to BMW (usually within 24 hours of landing at port but can be up to 3 days) the dealer will collect the car with their own transport and do the final checks themselves. By doing this, assuming my car was to reach Southampton on 9th June they could pick up on 10th, do the final checks apply the autoglym treatment and the dashcam (dealer fit option) in 2 to 3 days which would give me a pick up date of around 13th......without the intercept the dealer would still need 2 to 3 days after 20th to prep the car with Autoglym so my pick up date would be 23rd......so it could shave a massive amount off the estimated date, even if my car landed on 13th (latest I can imagine) I would have a collection date of 17th.

Of course all of this is just guesswork until the car actually gets on a ship
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2017, 05:56 AM   #100
RamboUK
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
The way UK delivery usually works is that all cars come in to port and then get transported to a central BMW point (usually Thorne, near Hull) here they do the final checks, fit number plates etc. From there the car is then transported on to the dealer. Looking through other people's experiences this process can take anything up to 2 weeks depending on trucks picking up and dropping off cars. What my dealer is doing is called an intercept, where as soon as the car is released by the carrier back to BMW (usually within 24 hours of landing at port but can be up to 3 days) the dealer will collect the car with their own transport and do the final checks themselves. By doing this, assuming my car was to reach Southampton on 9th June they could pick up on 10th, do the final checks apply the autoglym treatment and the dashcam (dealer fit option) in 2 to 3 days which would give me a pick up date of around 13th......without the intercept the dealer would still need 2 to 3 days after 20th to prep the car with Autoglym so my pick up date would be 23rd......so it could shave a massive amount off the estimated date, even if my car landed on 13th (latest I can imagine) I would have a collection date of 17th.

Of course all of this is just guesswork until the car actually gets on a ship
Wow ok that sounds great mate so will see what happens then good luck.

I told my dealer i only want to get my plates stuck on not drilled as when my private plate gets transferred i dont want the holes in.

I thought the dealer did the checks back at their place rather than the central point?

What sort of dash cam you got? i was looking at some but its hard to choose
and see what is best. Sorry to go off topic
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2017, 06:08 AM   #101
Kushik
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Wow ok that sounds great mate so will see what happens then good luck.

I told my dealer i only want to get my plates stuck on not drilled as when my private plate gets transferred i dont want the holes in.

I thought the dealer did the checks back at their place rather than the central point?

What sort of dash cam you got? i was looking at some but its hard to choose
and see what is best. Sorry to go off topic
The dealer also does some simple checks and final setup, but BMW do most of the post shipping checks centrally

The dashcam I went for is this one http://www.bowkerblackburnbmw.co.uk/...om-329-fitted/ the simple reason being it has the BMW logo on it so makes it look more like it goes with the car

The ship Otello has just got underway from Bremerhaven.......probably won't find out until tomorrow if I made that one or if it's going to be a different ship
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2017, 07:14 AM   #102
RamboUK
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
The dealer also does some simple checks and final setup, but BMW do most of the post shipping checks centrally

The dashcam I went for is this one http://www.bowkerblackburnbmw.co.uk/...om-329-fitted/ the simple reason being it has the BMW logo on it so makes it look more like it goes with the car

The ship Otello has just got underway from Bremerhaven.......probably won't find out until tomorrow if I made that one or if it's going to be a different ship
Ok sweet mate about the dash cam i have had a look it looks quite big but that may be due to the angle of the videos.

I am still looking around but with it being fully integrated i like the idea od.

Yeah i have just asked the BMW guys for an update and it is still the same. so as you said might not know till later or tomorrow if your on the ship so will try later today.

My dealer says he can only see the same status as me and doesnt know which ship or port it will ship from.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2017, 07:16 AM   #103
Kushik
Enlisted Member
Rep

Looks to be lots of Bimmers crossing the bridge in port today. I'm guessing it's for the Tamesis sailing on Wednesday. So now fairly certain that's the ship I'll be on
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2017, 07:18 AM   #104
RamboUK
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Looks to be lots of Bimmers crossing the bridge in port today. I'm guessing it's for the Tamesis sailing on Wednesday. So now fairly certain that's the ship I'll be on
Well mate i hope i am on that ship too. My car has further to travel too and you dealer is going to pick it up themselves so you may win the race
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2017, 07:21 AM   #105
Kushik
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Well mate i hope i am on that ship too. My car has further to travel too and you dealer is going to pick it up themselves so you may win the race
I'm still only guessing, but in the picture there are definitely 2 series tourers and 3 series and since the Tamesis is also bound for the US after Southampton it would make sense that they all get lumped together. If I haven't changed to "at sea" tomorrow then I'll place money on being on the Tamesis.......so that would dock on 9th
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2017, 07:22 AM   #106
Kushik
Enlisted Member
Rep

And a new white 5 series has just crossed.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2017, 07:25 AM   #107
RamboUK
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Well i hope i get on one of the ships like if its going to Southampton but will have to wait and see now. This is worse than when it was getting built
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2017, 07:28 AM   #108
RamboUK
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Could be my bluestone going across the bridge now lmao

i can only wish
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2017, 07:32 AM   #109
Kushik
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Well i hope i get on one of the ships like if its going to Southampton but will have to wait and see now. This is worse than when it was getting built
You'll know by Wednesday if you're on this ship or not I would think as long as you hit 9610 tomorrow then it's likely as they'll load all the US bound cars first and UK cars at the end.

Still lots going over the bridge
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2017, 08:03 AM   #110
RamboUK
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Portugal AUTOPRESTIGE
Vehicles Carrier Vehicles Carrier

Is on itts way back Cuxhaven and not far from port so i could get tucky and get on that one when it sails back to Immingham and the dates tie in with a tuesday/wed update

Still not getting my hopes up

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais...l:AUTOPRESTIGE
Appreciate 0