BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery 540i ED order

12-29-2017, 08:26 AM   #1
ArchJR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 i4 xDrive40

540i ED order

After much obsessing and deliberation I ordered a 2018 540i for European Delivery in May. It will be an MSport version with Med. blue and cognac and rhombicle trim, a stark change from seven silver/black/gray cars in a row and a combination I have not yet seen. (My second choice was graphite with ivory, but I have that now.)

I am giddy with excitement for this trip, especially after visiting the Welt two years ago and watching others take delivery. We planned a route from Munich to Berlin, then west to Apeldoorn and Amsterdam for drop-off and the flight home. I will appreciate any advice from those who took a similar route.

I was surprised to learn how much more expensive ED is. The 5% discount is nice, but not in light of the higher money factor for leasing and the inability to apply any other rebates or incentives. I keep reminding myself that the experience will be worth it.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2017, 10:38 AM   #2
mundo74
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchJR View Post
After much obsessing and deliberation I ordered a 2018 540i for European Delivery in May. It will be an MSport version with Med. blue and cognac and rhombicle trim, a stark change from seven silver/black/gray cars in a row and a combination I have not yet seen. (My second choice was graphite with ivory, but I have that now.)

I am giddy with excitement for this trip, especially after visiting the Welt two years ago and watching others take delivery. We planned a route from Munich to Berlin, then west to Apeldoorn and Amsterdam for drop-off and the flight home. I will appreciate any advice from those who took a similar route.

I was surprised to learn how much more expensive ED is. The 5% discount is nice, but not in light of the higher money factor for leasing and the inability to apply any other rebates or incentives. I keep reminding myself that the experience will be worth it.
I agree that the discount is less than before but I would never buy a new bmw any other way after doing it twice. just remember the .0003 mf adder you get back in a missing lease payment.