BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis 2018 540i Non M Sport Brakes Warping Often

03-13-2024, 03:46 PM   #1
Laz_Collazo
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 540i

2018 540i Non M Sport Brakes Warping Often

Hey everyone,

I've owned my g30 for just over 2 years now. When I bought the car I drove it for a few weeks and began to feel a vibration and shaking of the steering wheel when braking above 65ish MPH. It got worse and I immediately changed the pads and rotors(very costly and I only did the front). Over the last few months it has started doing the same thing. I know I need to change my pads as they are squeaking sometimes, but should I need to replace rotors again so soon? I dont drive the car hard and I consider my braking to be very soft and gentle, I break with plenty of time when coming to a stop and am conscience of hard breaking when in the rain.

Any advice would be helpful.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2024, 03:08 PM   #2
krazzyborri
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i

I'm in the same boat... I got the car about 10 months ago, its a 2018 and Im about to replace rotors and pads for the first time. Ive tried bedding the pads but the shudder is the same.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2024, 02:17 AM   #3
Bone Stock
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW 540i (G30)

I had the same issue with my 2022 540i literally a month or two after I bought it.
I lost count of how many times I had to take it back to the dealership to either change the pads or the rotors, both front and rear.

Last time they installed new parts the vibration came back, but believe it or not it disappeared on it’s own after a while.

My recommendation is do not use the e-brake when parking your car after excessive braking or a long ride, specially with lots of traffic (a lot of braking). Also avoid spraying water directly into the rotors when washing your car if you had just drove it.
Appreciate 0