BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Jeans

11-05-2018, 08:47 AM   #199
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
Not a fan of the overly pre-distressed look, but RRL's on sale are some of the best jean bargains out there. Ralph really goes all out with his jeans from that brand, and since they do so much volume, they end up putting so much stuff on clearance that none of the other "artisan" (kind of hate this word) brands do in that kind of volume.

How's the fit, though? That wide straight leg might give you a dad jeans look if it's too wide for your legs

Again - yes, $500 jeans are overpriced, but they are no different from buying a Rolex when a Seiko will do just fine. It all depends on what kind of shit you like wasting your money on.
They aren't here yet, will be delivered tomorrow. They will be going to the seamstress the day after. Most of my jeans get altered as soon as I get them. I'm 5' 10" 185# with a 28" inseam.

The rip & repair jeans that I just bought are Ralph Lauren too, but they aren't RRL, they are Denim & Supply. D&S is to RRL what Chaps is to Polo in my opinion, but since the D&S brand is no more, they are becoming difficult to find with tags still on them and people are snatching them up like crazy. The D&S pair that I just bought are slim, first pair of slim jeans that I've worn since I was a wee lad. I don't rock the skinny jeans, I don't have the build for it and not sure that I would if I did. The slim fit are ok, but I still prefer a little more room in the legs. From what I gather in the realm of RRL is that each style of jeans that he designs are one offs. They make X quantity of that style and no more. Once they get down to only a few pair of odd sizes left, they drop the bottom out of the price to liquidate inventory for new styles. I check the RRL site about once or twice a month and their styles only change about once a year, but once that style/wash is gone, it won't be back; part of the reason for the demand in a well made pair of jeans.

As for "Dad Jeans" I've come to realize it isn't so much what you wear as how you wear it. I'm 42 and still catch young girls checking me out. I also dress for me, not for everyone else. I wear what's comfortable and looks good, I could give a fuck about fashion. When women stop wearing jeans that look like shit my mother wore in the early 80's that come all the way up to their ribs, I'll be more concerned about what they think of what I have on. In all fairness, most women making "Dad jeans" comments can't afford the jeans I buy so their opinions mean nothing. BTW, "Dad Jeans" are a thing now. That's the thing with fashion, you pick the most awful looking trend and that's what sells.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2018, 10:38 AM   #200
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

I actually mean something specific when i say dad jeans - they're jeans with that shapeless look particularly around the ass, loose leg, usually with extra material pooled around the ankle. For extra dad cred, wear with a black dress belt

Saying it a different way, those jeans will only look great if they fit great. I guess you'll see when you get them.

RRL is made to a much higher standard than Polo. Think more of a casual Purple Label. At that price i might have gambled on a pair or two if they had a more normal, less distressed wash
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2018, 10:49 AM   #201
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I actually mean something specific when i say dad jeans - they're jeans with that shapeless look particularly around the ass, loose leg, usually with extra material pooled around the ankle. For extra dad cred, wear with a black dress belt

Saying it a different way, those jeans will only look great if they fit great. I guess you'll see when you get them.

RRL is made to a much higher standard than Polo. Think more of a casual Purple Label. At that price i might have gambled on a pair or two if they had a more normal, less distressed wash
A more casual Purple Label is spot on. I tend to not throw such verbiage around as most have no idea what I'm talking about. "Ralph Lauren only makes Polo" I'm not sure I've ever seen a non-distressed RRL anything other than some of their vintage "Dandy-esque" style stuff. Although the right person could very well pull that style off i.e. heavily distressed denim and a button up with a vest and tie.

As for the fit, I try to go with a tapered leg. and don't like all the extra material at the bottom however in some instances it's needed. much of it depends on the shoes being worn. Boot cut with all that material + trainers or dress shoes is a no no. I do have certain jeans that I only wear when I need to wear work boots.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2018, 11:20 AM   #202
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:

Same as mom jeans it seems. Man, women should stop wearing those.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      11-05-2018, 01:06 PM   #203
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Alright, so after the dad jeans comment made earlier I have scoured the internet in discovery of the definition of dad jeans. My findings are that if you have jeans that aren't skinny jeans or raw denim, you are wearing dad jeans. Old school Lee's, Wranglers or anything made in the late 80's or early 90's I can agree with but some of images I saw of dad jeans are nothing that I would consider dad jeans. I saw websites stating not to wear dad jeans, then I saw other sites stating dad jeans are cool because they are the opposite of what people say not to wear.

This brings me to my epiphany of the day. Gentleman, and ladies, wear whatever you are comfortable in. Don't allow other people to give you a hard time based off what you wear. There are jeans that I would not be caught wearing unless the circumstance was dire but to hear people on fashion websites call people morons or low-class because they wear whiskered, loose/comfortable, relaxed, tapered or a certain wash is just ridiculous. Yes some jeans are in fashion, some are not, some are comfortable and some are not; regardless wear what you like and what you are comfortable in and screw what everyone else thinks about them.
Appreciate 2
      02-10-2020, 08:23 PM   #204
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Resurrecting this thread.

This past weekend one of my Paige jeans lost its threading at the seam where the butt crack is. Thinking about replacing them with another pair of Paige since all my jeans are made by them and I like them a lot. However, thinking maybe I should give another brand a try. I’ve heard good things about AG and Joe’s. Anyone have those?
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      02-10-2020, 10:43 PM   #205
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

i'm actually liking the American Eagle jeans
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2020, 11:18 PM   #206
Nivarox
Quadrex
Rep
Drives: W212 Mercedes=Benz E Class

I used to have two Dolce & Gabbana jeans . Those were fantastic but in long run it proved to be not as durable as humble Levi's .
Ted Lapidus and Mustang are what I use .I like stripes under the front pockets .Not only do they make a contrast but also render a very striking design as well
      02-11-2020, 05:46 AM   #207
hooligan_G01
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i BG/Taco Red

Still sticking with GAP over here.

I like their cuts and their denim is actually quite nice for the price point. Levis is regaining some shine to their brand, as well. Haven't tried any of their new stuff, however.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 06:04 AM   #208
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Wrangler stretch are fine for me and comfortable, not impressed with overpriced Levi's.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 06:42 AM   #209
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

"U" cut jeans. Say no to "V" cut!!

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 07:47 AM   #210
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
I still need to find new jeans I like. Nothing compares to the old Arizona carpenter jeans for me. I always snatch up good pairs I find on ebay in my size or close.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 09:04 AM   #211
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep
Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993

I buy my Levi's 505's for about $59 CAD, (about $10 USD) at the Outlet store, I usually buy 3 pair at a time every couple of years. Nothing fancy for me.
Appreciate 1
      02-11-2020, 10:10 AM   #212
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

old navy
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 10:28 AM   #213
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

JOE'S from Nordstrom... Done.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 10:45 AM   #214
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Levi 502 I think
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 11:28 AM   #215
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Always liked Lucky Jeans. Fit my waist but give me room to get my legs and calves into them.

Also there's this.
Attached Images

King Rudi13152.00
      02-11-2020, 12:40 PM   #216
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

As a heads up.

https://www.ralphlauren.com/men/sull...art=1&cgid=men

If any of you so choose to take advantage of these bad ass jeans, order a size down in the waste. The waste runs a little big. The sullivan slim style of these are on sale on other websites as well, but if you buy them from the Ralph Lauren site, they will have a button fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
I still need to find new jeans I like. Nothing compares to the old Arizona carpenter jeans for me. I always snatch up good pairs I find on ebay in my size or close.
Peep the link above. Seriously my new favorite jeans. Very thick denim, very well made and 60% off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Always liked Lucky Jeans. Fit my waist but give me room to get my legs and calves into them.

Also there's this.
Their boxers have the same tag.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
      02-11-2020, 02:48 PM   #217
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

I dont wear Jean's wouldn't go with rest of superhero outfit
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      02-11-2020, 02:49 PM   #218
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep

tights?
Appreciate 1
      02-11-2020, 03:17 PM   #219
greasypeanut
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87

Back in my college days (11 years ago) I was very into "high end denim" but more specifically selvedge denim jeans that one would buy "raw" and overtime, the jeans would be distressed based off of your everyday activities and body type.

Since I think I read OP wear jeans everyday, that might be a cool thing for one to do. I for one have stopped spending the $200+ dollars on a pairs of jeans but still practice the whole idea of distressing my own pair of raw jeans. I have a pair of Levi's 541 (Ridgid Dragon color) that I have been wearing on and off for the past 2 years. Levi's also makes their LVC collection which is similar to RRL. My favorite brand back in my college days was sugarcane.

Check out the Superdenim subforum on superfuture.com or styleforum has their denim subforum as well. Also selfedge.com is a good site for the purchase of these types of denim
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      02-11-2020, 03:41 PM   #220
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep

I remember bleaching a pair of jeans back in the 80's, that was cool. kids still do that nowadays?
Appreciate 0