10-12-2018, 03:19 PM   #155
xander_g
Major
Rep
Drives: G30 M550i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Back 6-7 years ago when I wore True Religion jeans I didn't find them quite so "look at me" like I do now. I have three pair in a drawer at home that I refuse to wear even to get dirty, that I can't give away. Even these jeans only have the horseshoe in single white thread. Some of the styles that I see people wearing now I can't wrap my mind around why or how people think they look good in them. Classic looks never fade and those who require the flash are either insecure and use their clothing as a way to make themselves feel better or legitimately have no class.

My opinion on people stating that all jeans are the same only tell themselves this to not have a complex about not understanding. This is like saying all cars are the same.
The issue with TR in general is that it was originally a "premium" brand to begin with but I find that it's no longer the case. Now that everyone and their cousin have a pair, that exclusivity is gone. Also there's a lot of reps out there which doesn't help brand image either. Personally, I buy clothing for a mixture of fit, style, and class and generally find that things like comfort and quality go hand in hand with my priorities.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I'm a big fan of AG and Diesel but if I feel like "showing off" a little, Dolce&Gabbana and Valentino are choice.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      10-12-2018, 03:25 PM   #156
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by shay2nak View Post
I'm 5'11" & 150 with a slight muscular build. Before i found 7FAM, i was not wearing jeans at all. I was wearing pretty much skater pants with wide legs. Any jean I tried back then had tapered legs which to me is ugly and doesn't sit over the shoe. I just happened to walk into the Bev Center Macy's and saw these jeans on a table. I looked at the hem and thought they were pretty wide. I grabbed a couple washes in Relaxed fit (Bootcut too narrow for my liking) and tried them on. Honestly, I was shocked how well they fit me and the cut was bang on. Bottom width 10" and knee is 9.5". I bought them right there. Guess what? After 15 years, i'm still wearing these. lol They were all made in the USA back then, too! I kept buying more and more pairs, until all I wore were these jeans. Later on as they transitioned to more tight-ass cuts, they slightly changed the Relaxed and Bootcut. They totally fucked up the cut of the Relaxed, but made the Bootcut slightly wider. Go figure that one out. So I ended up buying those instead.

I've seen a lot of designers thrown out here, but those 7FAM jeans will not be beat in the cut department.

I do not wear these or any of my regular clothes at work to preserve them. All the shit I have was hard to find and are irreplaceable. So, this is why I bought a separate set for work, which unfortunately is the newer stuff.
Same here. It's weird that the newer clothes that I own I only wear to work. When I can actually wear something other than jeans, a t-shirt and dickies style work shirt, I wear my old primitive, brixton, independent truck company t's and old jeans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander_g View Post
The issue with TR in general is that it was originally a "premium" brand to begin with but I find that it's no longer the case. Now that everyone and their cousin have a pair, that exclusivity is gone. Also there's a lot of reps out there which doesn't help brand image either. Personally, I buy clothing for a mixture of fit, style, and class and generally find that things like comfort and quality go hand in hand with my priorities.
I agree on TR completely. As for everything else concerning fit, style and class, this is 100% spot on.
Appreciate 1
shay2nak1070.00
      10-13-2018, 01:14 AM   #157
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

I wear Lucky, and Polo Ralph Lauren straight jeans. I only buy them on sale at Lord and Taylor, and Bloomingdale's. I think I paid about $40.00 a pair. The other day I was walking pass Old Navy, and decided to go in. I saw a pair of all cotton khaki, light gray, and dark rinse jeans. I tried them on, and loved the way they fit. Not baggy, not tight. Just clean, and simple. Same as my Lucky, and PRL pants. I looked at the price tag, and the jeans were $7.00, and the other two were $15.00 each. I couldn't believe how inexpensive, and comfortable they were. Best of all, 100% cotton. Now, I wear them with PRL shirts, and sweaters, that I also buy on sale at Lord and Taylor, or Bloomingdales. I was in the market for a Ted Baker Navy Peacoat for the fall, and searched, and found it at Bloomingdale's on sale for $258.00. The original price was $600. A little research, and you will always find good, quality clothes, for a reasonable price. Now OP, I do tend to spend more on accessories. IE: shoes, Ties, belts, and the one thing I love are watches. From my SS Sub, SS Datejust, and other pieces in my collection. Even a little discount, cost me a nice penny...

Last edited by ny325; 10-13-2018 at 01:31 AM..
Appreciate 2
Kyngofpop676.00
King Rudi13152.00
      10-13-2018, 11:51 AM   #158
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny325 View Post
I wear Lucky, and Polo Ralph Lauren straight jeans. I only buy them on sale at Lord and Taylor, and Bloomingdale's. I think I paid about $40.00 a pair. The other day I was walking pass Old Navy, and decided to go in. I saw a pair of all cotton khaki, light gray, and dark rinse jeans. I tried them on, and loved the way they fit. Not baggy, not tight. Just clean, and simple. Same as my Lucky, and PRL pants. I looked at the price tag, and the jeans were $7.00, and the other two were $15.00 each. I couldn't believe how inexpensive, and comfortable they were. Best of all, 100% cotton. Now, I wear them with PRL shirts, and sweaters, that I also buy on sale at Lord and Taylor, or Bloomingdales. I was in the market for a Ted Baker Navy Peacoat for the fall, and searched, and found it at Bloomingdale's on sale for $258.00. The original price was $600. A little research, and you will always find good, quality clothes, for a reasonable price. Now OP, I do tend to spend more on accessories. IE: shoes, Ties, belts, and the one thing I love are watches. From my SS Sub, SS Datejust, and other pieces in my collection. Even a little discount, cost me a nice penny...
We are a lot alike. I like to look nice but rarely do I ever pay full retail for anything, aside from accessories - watches, wallets, bets, shoes etc. I'm in the market for a new wool peacoat myself. I've been eyeing some longer length wool overcoats. My style tends to be loose fitting worn/distressed jeans with a nice crisp button down or a tee if it's warm.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2018, 12:40 PM   #159
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Old navy 20 bucks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-13-2018, 02:32 PM   #160
Yugo
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Levis, Lucky Jeans...both offered at local costco. That's where most of my wardrobe comes from.
Appreciate 2
Kyngofpop676.00
King Rudi13152.00
      10-13-2018, 10:17 PM   #161
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

I like to always be well put together. Nothing fancy, blingy, flashy or loud colors. My style is conservative. My suits are Navy, charcoal, black, and light gray. Whiite dress shirts, and a light blue dress shirt. Besides a polo horse on my shirts, I don’t wear anything with logos, except my Yankee T-shirt when out washing my car, or relaxing around the house. And I wear my Yankees authentic jersey only when I go to a game. I love the fall season, Because I could now wear my chukka boots along with my peacoat. Like my E90, less is more. Nothing over the top. Just simple and classy.

Last edited by ny325; 10-13-2018 at 10:23 PM..
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      10-14-2018, 01:07 AM   #162
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

Kirkland signature
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      10-14-2018, 02:52 PM   #163
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by eluded View Post
Kirkland signature

Why waste money to get the signature? All jeans are the same. Just reach over to the next pile, save money, and get the non-signature.
Appreciate 2
eluded2959.00
      10-14-2018, 02:54 PM   #164
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Not to sound like I'm being a dick, I'm honestly asking; Ed Hardy and Affliction are cool? Wearing that stuff around here gets you instantly labeled a douche over here.
I wish I tracked my lay to date ratio.

Once jersey shore on MTV became popular I’d get so many chicks.

Throw in a white fossil watch and it was game over.

Started to be a joke within my friends when they saw me wearing my white fossil watch and any of my allfiction stuff. They’d always be like can I get tickets for the show?
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2018, 05:02 PM   #165
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker View Post
Quote:
Not to sound like I'm being a dick, I'm honestly asking; Ed Hardy and Affliction are cool? Wearing that stuff around here gets you instantly labeled a douche over here.

Once jersey shore on MTV became popular I’d get so many chicks.

Started to be a joke within my friends when they saw me wearing my white fossil watch and any of my allfiction stuff. They’d always be like can I get tickets for the show?
I suppose this makes sense. Anything that a man considers douche-y is exactly what a lot of women are instantly attracted to. To date the strangest thing about women that I am aware of. I guess it depends on the class of the woman, not that I'm saying the women you date aren't hot or don't have some class as I have no basis to form an opinion.

I don't even know what to say about the white fossil watch. Not my style I suppose. This my usual daily watch when I'm not at work.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-14-2018, 05:06 PM   #166
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Once jersey shore on MTV became popular I'd get so many chicks.

Started to be a joke within my friends when they saw me wearing my white fossil watch and any of my allfiction stuff. They'd always be like can I get tickets for the show?
I suppose this makes sense. Anything that a man considers douche-y is exactly what a lot of women are instantly attracted to. To date the strangest thing about women that I am aware of. I guess it depends on the class of the woman, not that I'm saying the women you date aren't hot or don't have some class as I have no basis to form an opinion.

I don't even know what to say about the white fossil watch. Not my style I suppose. This my usual daily watch when I'm not at work.
Your watch sucks!
How do you even use it to calculate how much to tip in a restaurant!!!????
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      10-14-2018, 05:07 PM   #167
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Once jersey shore on MTV became popular I'd get so many chicks.

Started to be a joke within my friends when they saw me wearing my white fossil watch and any of my allfiction stuff. They'd always be like can I get tickets for the show?

Your watch sucks!

I'm dying over here.
Appreciate 1
________4157.00
      10-15-2018, 08:45 AM   #168
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
Your watch sucks!
Agreed; quartz powered Tags are gross.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      10-17-2018, 03:57 PM   #169
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Bought these bitches yesterday for $85.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
TXSTYLE13653.00
Kyngofpop676.00
      10-17-2018, 04:23 PM   #170
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Thumbs up

Quote:
I like those! Name?
      10-17-2018, 05:02 PM   #171
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
You pay extra for used pants with holes??????

#whippersnappers
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
xander_g967.00
      10-17-2018, 05:38 PM   #172
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

nice! Has enough of the cool Rolex look without looking like a totally fake Rolex. What brand and model is that?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 05:38 PM   #173
BayE30
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3 ZCP

CK Jeans from the outlet store...$40-50.
King Rudi13152.00
      10-17-2018, 05:43 PM   #174
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

nice! Has enough of the cool Rolex look without looking like a totally fake Rolex. What brand and model is that?
Glad you like my Feaux-lex! It's a pretty uncommon, not very well known brand called Tag Heuer, it's a Formula 1.
Appreciate 1
PoorLurker1135.00
      10-17-2018, 05:44 PM   #175
xander_g
Major
Rep
Drives: G30 M550i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
You pay extra for used pants with holes??????

#whippersnappers
Less is more old man
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 05:48 PM   #176
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Quote:
I like those! Name?
Ralph Lauren, Denim & Supply - Prospects. They stopped making Denim & Supply about a year ago so finding them with tags still on them much less in my size is a bitch.
Appreciate 0