BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Need tips on how to remove full screen CarPlay

10-04-2022, 01:14 PM   #1
bkw
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive 6sp

Need tips on how to remove full screen CarPlay

hey all,
I'm trying to revert our car back to stock and want to revert the coding performed that enabled fullscreen CarPlay on our 2019 G30.

The coding was installed via FeatureInstaller with the code provided by a seller on eBay - who no longer responds to any of my queries. Yes, I'm aware I should have purchased from a reputable shop, but this was before I knew of any, and would STRONGLY recommend that folks use a reputable shop/person for this service.

So with that said, anyone know how to revert this? I'd like to stay away from the dealer.

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 11:39 AM   #2
MPavlis76
Registered
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: BMW 540d xDrive Touring G31

I followed the same procedure as you and the supplied application created a backup right at the beginning - after checking if everything is compatible etc., which you had to save somewhere on the disk, without this step you cannot continue.

If you have this backup, it's easy - run the app, select the backup and give it a restore. If you don't have it, I guess the only way to do it is to go to a service center to see if they'll upload the original and unmodified software.

Alternatively, send me a PM and I'll give you the contact details of whoever I got the software from and who is still available to see if they can help you (probably a paid activity though)
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2022, 04:23 AM   #3
540iSUP
Captain
Rep
Drives: G30, E36

You can use the Protool app to revert back to OEM without a backup. Protool is only available for Android devices though.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2022, 12:32 PM   #4
kubax86
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkw View Post
hey all,
I'm trying to revert our car back to stock and want to revert the coding performed that enabled fullscreen CarPlay on our 2019 G30.

The coding was installed via FeatureInstaller with the code provided by a seller on eBay - who no longer responds to any of my queries. Yes, I'm aware I should have purchased from a reputable shop, but this was before I knew of any, and would STRONGLY recommend that folks use a reputable shop/person for this service.

So with that said, anyone know how to revert this? I'd like to stay away from the dealer.

Thanks in advance!
Run the application again, pop up restore to OEM will appear.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2023, 08:48 AM   #5
Westerwälder
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubax86 View Post
Run the application again, pop up restore to OEM will appear.
Is it possible even without a backup / using it now afterwards with a different computer?

I have the issue that the fullscreen CarPlay activation now prevents BMW to perform a full istep update... At least they are telling me that :-)
Appreciate 0