BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding B&W Speaker Lights non-functional (Coding or module issue?)

04-16-2023, 04:37 PM   #1
DBO
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: G30 540i SDrive (MPPSK+Mods)

B&W Speaker Lights non-functional (Coding or module issue?)

I've got the OEM factory option for Bowers & Wilkins. The speakers have lights showing but I noticed recently that in iDrive the option to regulate the lights is no longer functional - i.e. the menu option with check box to turn the on-off and to adjust the light intensity is there, but you can't interact with it. The checkbox can be turned on/off but that doesn't affect the lighting either.

I haven't directly fiddled with coding on the lights (did dabble with ambient mode colors a while back, but they are separate to the B&W speaker lights so can't link it to this issue). There's no fault codes showing when I run a scan either.

Has anyone else come across this? I get the feeling it's a software issues rather than a hardware failure. Is there a module setting I can check? .. or any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this?
[edit] car is 2018 / iDrive6 electronics.

Last edited by DBO; 04-16-2023 at 04:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2023, 08:58 AM   #2
buddyboy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 17 540ix

Did you do any coding changes recently? If so maybe revert them and see if it fixes your problem