BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery Spoiler color of 2023 M550i with Shadowline is black?

06-18-2022, 03:27 PM   #1
Emhyr var Emreis
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2

Question Spoiler color of 2023 M550i with Shadowline is black?

I have an M550i on order (week 28) with Shadowline, and I noticed that the spoiler color of the car on Track My BMW is black:

instead of body color:

The reason for it appears to be the "S033B" param in the URL, which is the M Sport Package Pro (33B) option. AFAICT, 33B is new for 2023 (for M550i), but seems almost identical to the existing Shadowline package for 2022 (which is also still an option).

Does anyone know if 33B on M550i actually implies that the car will be built with a black spoiler?

Edit: See my update here, looks like it's confirmed.

Last edited by Emhyr var Emreis; 06-18-2022 at 08:55 PM.. Reason: Added confirmation
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2022, 03:42 PM   #2
HerkHealer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: G30/M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emhyr var Emreis View Post
I have an M550i on order (week 28) with Shadowline, and I noticed that the spoiler color of the car on Track My BMW is black:

instead of body color:

The reason for it appears to be the "S033B" param in the URL, which is the M Sport Package Pro (33B) option. AFAICT, 33B is new for 2023 (for M550i), but seems almost identical to the existing Shadowline package for 2022 (which is also still an option).

Does anyone know if 33B on M550i actually implies that the car will be built with a black spoiler?
There is a thread somewhere in this section or the general section explaining this new package. I looked for it quickly but could not find it.

Does your car have the new S68 motor ? If so, what is the HP/Torque rating.
      06-18-2022, 04:06 PM   #3
Emhyr var Emreis
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerkHealer View Post
There is a thread somewhere in this section or the general section explaining this new package. I looked for it quickly but could not find it.
In my build sheet it's listed as:
M Sport Package Pro N/C
  • 3M2 M Sport Brakes with Red Calipers
  • 3MF M Shadowline Lights
  • 7M9 Extended Shadowline Trim
There's no mention of the spoiler.

Quote:
Does your car have the new S68 motor ? If so, what is the HP/Torque rating.
No it's still the N63.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2022, 04:11 PM   #4
HerkHealer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
In my build sheet it's listed as:
M Sport Package Pro N/C
  • 3M2 M Sport Brakes with Red Calipers
  • 3MF M Shadowline Lights
  • 7M9 Extended Shadowline Trim
There's no mention of the spoiler.

No it's still the N63.
IIRC reading that thread, there was mention of the change to red calipers and a new M Spoiler in black. IMO the black spoiler on white looks nice.
      06-18-2022, 04:18 PM   #5
Emhyr var Emreis
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
IIRC reading that thread, there was mention of the change to red calipers and a new M Spoiler in black. IMO the black spoiler on white looks nice.
Yeah agreed, I am a fan of this change, was hoping to get confirmation that it's real :-)
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2022, 04:41 PM   #6
HerkHealer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Yeah agreed, I am a fan of this change, was hoping to get confirmation that it's real :-)
Are you trading your M2 ? I'm super psyched for the M2 Comp coming next year. I may get it.
      06-18-2022, 08:52 PM   #7
Emhyr var Emreis
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Are you trading your M2 ? I'm super psyched for the M2 Comp coming next year. I may get it.
Nopes, hanging on to it for now. Driving it still a lot of fun!

I think I found the post you may have been referring to, which links to another post that references the original press release from BMW, which in turn, has this snippet:

Quote:
New options for BMW 5 Series, BMW 6 Series Gran Turismo, BMW X5 and BMW X6, BMW Z4 with extended standard equipment.

An M Sport Package Pro will also be available in future for the BMW 5 Series Sedan, BMW 5 Series Touring and BMW 6 Series Gran Turismo. It is offered as a supplement to the respective model-specific M sports package and includes paddle shifters on the steering wheel for the entry-level models of the BMW 5 Series and an 8-speed Steptronic Sport transmission for all other models, as well as an extended M high-gloss Shadow Line, an M sports brake system with red brake callipers and M seat belts. The BMW 5 Series models also receive the M Shadow Line lights, while the BMW 5 Series Sedan also features a black M rear spoiler. New to the range of paint finishes is the Skyscraper Grey metallic variant, while the new Arctic Race Blue metallic paint finish is also available for the BMW 5 Series.
So looks like it's confirmed that the M Sport Package Pro will include the black M rear spoiler.
Appreciate 1
HerkHealer1717.50