BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery After 7 months of waiting finally got the m550...

09-19-2022, 08:30 AM   #1
berninam550
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw m550

After 7 months of waiting finally got the m550...

After 7 months of waiting, I received my m550 3 weeks ago. Got it PPF’d and cleaned up. Fully loaded the only option I declined on was the B&W sound system, instead I opted for DHP (Dynamic Handling Package).

2 important things I wanted to point out after 3 weeks of ownership…

1.) DHP (Dynamic Handling Package) is a 10000% must! I drove this without DHP back in December and it was hard cornering felt the entire weight of the vehicle. I could not test drive it with DHP because none of them were available with the package near me, I bit the bullet and ordered DHP blinded folded.

As soon as I drove the car of the dealership lot I knew I made the best decision.

DO NOT listen to all the folks telling you not to order it both on bimmerpost and reddit there are a few posts (unless you are going to lower the car, otherwise order it) It’s a night and day difference with and without it.

I’ve driven the vehicle over 600 miles so far and it is absolutely worth it, makes the car feel tiny and nimble when cornering and U-turns feel like you are cutting through butter.

2.) Get nappa leather, not only is it beautiful it is plush and looks a million times better than dakota.

Last edited by berninam550; 09-19-2022 at 09:14 AM..
Appreciate 1
M550iWoW152.00
      09-19-2022, 12:39 PM   #2
bimmer568
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by berninam550 View Post

After 7 months of waiting, I received my m550 3 weeks ago. Got it PPF'd and cleaned up. Fully loaded the only option I declined on was the B&W sound system, instead I opted for DHP (Dynamic Handling Package).

1.) DHP (Dynamic Handling Package) is a 10000% must! I drove this without DHP back in December and it was hard cornering felt the entire weight of the vehicle. I could not test drive it with DHP because none of them were available with the package near me, I bit the bullet and ordered DHP blinded folded.

As soon as I drove the car of the dealership lot I knew I made the best decision.

DO NOT listen to all the folks telling you not to order it both on bimmerpost and reddit there are a few posts (unless you are going to lower the car, otherwise order it) It's a night and day difference with and without it.

I've driven the vehicle over 600 miles so far and it is absolutely worth it, makes the car feel tiny and nimble when cornering and U-turns feel like you are cutting through butter.

2.) Get nappa leather, not only is it beautiful it is plush and looks a million times better than dakota.
Beautiful! Congrats. I get mine tomorrow, then off to shop for detail, PPF and tint.

Couple of questions… what's your color and what lip, skirts (diffuser?) did you have installed? Love the aggressive look and have been researching aftermarket trim suppliers for months. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2022, 03:18 PM   #3
bimmer568
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M550

Strike the color question…it's in your profile name.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2022, 09:16 PM   #4
djbrady2
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 M550i

Looks amazing! I just got one in Skyscraper Gray with Black Nappa Leather interior. Im in love with it. How much did you pay for PPF? Did you do the whole car or just the front.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2022, 09:21 PM   #5
M550iWoW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw M550i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by berninam550 View Post

After 7 months of waiting, I received my m550 3 weeks ago. Got it PPF’d and cleaned up. Fully loaded the only option I declined on was the B&W sound system, instead I opted for DHP (Dynamic Handling Package).

DO NOT listen to all the folks telling you not to order it both on bimmerpost and reddit there are a few posts (unless you are going to lower the car, otherwise order it) It’s a night and day difference with and without it.

I’ve driven the vehicle over 600 miles so far and it is absolutely worth it, makes the car feel tiny and nimble when cornering and U-turns feel like you are cutting through butter.

Congrats wow great looking car. Mine is on order slated for build week 42. I wanted to know about the lip, side skirts and if you got diffuser installed from where. It makes the car look aggressive
Appreciate 0