BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery Purchase car at end of lease

06-16-2022, 06:30 AM   #23
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

I was in a similar position last year, and at the time the residual was a bit above market value despite the low miles on my car (d/t lockdown). I decided to let it go since at the time I had the M4 that I really loved.

I've regretted the move a few times since, purely on a financial basis (I replaced it with the B7, which stands for "Be very expensive") but I do like having a new(er) car every few years, and right now with the market so crazy and rates going up, if I were in the same position I'd probably keep the 5.

But that's me.

IMHO you're not missing any important options on the car, so don't sweat that.

You have several months to wait, see how the market shapes up, inventory, etc.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 1
2022M550i3034.00
      06-18-2022, 06:28 AM   #24
MTK71
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyE92 View Post
I was in a similar position last year, and at the time the residual was a bit above market value despite the low miles on my car (d/t lockdown). I decided to let it go since at the time I had the M4 that I really loved.

I've regretted the move a few times since, purely on a financial basis (I replaced it with the B7, which stands for "Be very expensive") but I do like having a new(er) car every few years, and right now with the market so crazy and rates going up, if I were in the same position I'd probably keep the 5.

But that's me.

IMHO you're not missing any important options on the car, so don't sweat that.

You have several months to wait, see how the market shapes up, inventory, etc.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2022, 03:50 PM   #25
mspart
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 540

I'm in the same boat. I have 2019 540, Luxury Line, with tons of options and 30K miles. I have only one payment left on my lease. My residual is $39K plus 6% tax. I talked to the salesperson from the BWM dealer, and he recommended buying it now and trading in when inventory gets better, hopefully by the end of 2024 (his prediction). He also said that this year's models (540 engines) are very reliable. He only recommended buying a maintenance plan which will pay for itself since I would need brakes at some point.
I have not yet checked the cost of the maintenance package. I believe it's called BMW Ultimate Care+.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2022, 10:56 PM   #26
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspart View Post
I'm in the same boat. I have 2019 540, Luxury Line, with tons of options and 30K miles. I have only one payment left on my lease. My residual is $39K plus 6% tax. I talked to the salesperson from the BWM dealer, and he recommended buying it now and trading in when inventory gets better, hopefully by the end of 2024 (his prediction). He also said that this year's models (540 engines) are very reliable. He only recommended buying a maintenance plan which will pay for itself since I would need brakes at some point.
I have not yet checked the cost of the maintenance package. I believe it's called BMW Ultimate Care+.
I would pass on the maintenance agreement. It only pays for scheduled maintenance. If the iDrive doesn't say the maintenance is needed, the agreement won't pay. The iDrive in our 2014 F10 has said I need brakes in 3100 miles. It has said that for the last 50K miles and 5 years.

I do agree on his other point. It would probably cost another $7K-$10K to replace the car.
Appreciate 0