BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications 2020 M550- JB4 Map6 setup?

03-12-2022, 08:12 PM   #1
Manley00
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M550

2020 M550- JB4 Map6 setup?

Good evening,

I’ve seen numerous users running real strong numbers on a map 6 setup. Gonna keep this short and sweet 😁

Anyone have a map 6 setup they would like to share? Also if you have any data backing up the map. Now I’m being a little needy.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2022, 03:32 AM   #2
Boosted_8
Captain
Rep
Drives: M550i

Best advice is can give is get familiar with the logging parameters. Start with 3lbs if using pump 93 and find out over a few days where the peak timing values are. I think the mistake most people make is thinking boost is best. You want the car to be happy with as much timing as possible with the uplift in boost you are adding. It's going to depend on your fuel, temperature and altitude etc
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2022, 05:38 AM   #3
Manley00
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted_8 View Post
Best advice is can give is get familiar with the logging parameters. Start with 3lbs if using pump 93 and find out over a few days where the peak timing values are. I think the mistake most people make is thinking boost is best. You want the car to be happy with as much timing as possible with the uplift in boost you are adding. It's going to depend on your fuel, temperature and altitude etc

That makes perfect sense! Essentially look at where the car is not pulling timing under boost? To find out where you can have the right amount of boost without taking timing away. Sounds remedial for most I’m sure. I’ve always tinkered. Never really jumped into “tuning” side though. I’m used to seeing knock values to some extent. I guess it’s just as easy to watch where timing is being pulled to be able to tune for optimization.

Damn, that was really solid advice! Makes perfect sense too! Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2022, 10:51 AM   #4
Boosted_8
Captain
Rep
Drives: M550i

Exactly, timing is the leading indicator. Knock counters are the trailing indicator. Because we are only controling boost with a piggy, you cant add fuel or retard the timing directly.
Appreciate 0