BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Retrofitting Adaptive Cruise Control

09-29-2020, 03:00 AM   #23
SanMarinoG31
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 2018 G31 540i Touring

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zimmer View Post
Hi all

I have added ACC to my G31 Touring and still have some parts left if anyone needs them.

Thanks
Paul
Hi Paul,

Which parts do you have left?
And can you help us with the steps to take?

Thanks,

Tom

Last edited by SanMarinoG31; 09-29-2020 at 03:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 03:33 AM   #24
The Zimmer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G31 Touring

Hi Tom and everyone

As I mentioned earlier I have retrofitted this to my G31. I still have some parts left including the DSC unit and Airbag Control and also the lower grill which is brand new and also a full option heated steering wheel

Please see attached pictures

I am based in UK but I am happy to ship them

Thanks
Paul
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-12-2020, 10:57 PM   #25
Kimi_76
Finland
Rep
Drives: g31 '17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMarinoG31 View Post
Hi Paul,

Which parts do you have left?
And can you help us with the steps to take?

Thanks,

Tom
Hi.

Any progress in your project? I'm too thinking to do ACC retrofit to my 2017 G31, but it seems to be very hard to get information of what parts I need.

Same thing with High Beam Assist retrofit.

Car has parking assist installed on factory, and SLI is retrofitted already.

-K
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 12:30 AM   #26
Moozin
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i

Fragrance Cartridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxor View Post
You would need the Air Freshener module for the glove box, along with the trim. Then there is a hose that runs from that up to the center speaker area at the top of the dash, which would also need to be replaced with the version for the hose. You also need the wiring harness. For the ionizer portion, you need to replace the cold air ducts, you need the ionizer control unit, the actual ionizer electrode pieces, and the wiring harness for the control unit. Oh, and of course the Ambient Air Fragrance cartridges.

If you don't have the touch panel climate controls, you can add those as well, but it is not required.
So are you paying £25 per cartridge then ? what's your take on the fragrance and which suite you like the best ? I thought by now someone will have tampered with the cartridge to add fragrance of choice ..
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2020, 04:31 AM   #27
ejlover06
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 2017 G30 520 1.6lt

I have a 5AS (and normal parking assist S5DM)on the car, and retrofitting ACC doesn't need DSC right?

Only purchasing front radar, holder, wheel buttons and wiring is enough?

After this retrofit, which Driving Assistant Plus features can also be activated (such as lane change assist, etc.)? Can we also add 2 front bumper corner sensors or will they be needed?

Last edited by ejlover06; 11-03-2020 at 04:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2020, 01:24 PM   #28
The Zimmer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejlover06 View Post
I have a 5AS (and normal parking assist S5DM)on the car, and retrofitting ACC doesn't need DSC right?

Only purchasing front radar, holder, wheel buttons and wiring is enough?

After this retrofit, which Driving Assistant Plus features can also be activated (such as lane change assist, etc.)? Can we also add 2 front bumper corner sensors or will they be needed?

Hi

When you mean normal park assist do you mean the car parks it self ?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2020, 02:33 AM   #29
Kimi_76
Finland
Rep

In my case, car can park it self.

One company who is doing retrofits, is saying I need to change DSC unit, because it's different compared to ACC/Drive Assist Plus DCS unit.

But I can't find a reason for that change.....

Is radar, holder wiring and buttons to wheel, all I need? + someone who knows what to code

And then High Beam Assist, do I only need to change steering column switch stalk, to one that has HBA button... + code it? Car has basic Bi-Xenon lights

-K
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2020, 02:40 AM   #30
The Zimmer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimi_76 View Post

One company who is doing retrofits, is saying I need to change DSC unit, because it's different compared to ACC/Drive Assist Plus DCS unit.

Is radar, holder wiring and buttons to wheel, all I need? + someone who knows what to code

And then High Beam Assist, do I only need to change steering column switch stalk, to one that has HBA button... + code it? Car has basic Bi-Xenon lights

-K
Hi

I have DSC pump and Airbag control unit for sale for good price.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2020, 02:48 AM   #31
Kimi_76
Finland
Rep

Quote:
Hi

I have DSC pump and Airbag control unit for sale for good price.

Thanks
Hi

That's not really what I was asking

I do have Parking assist installed, and car can park it self, so there is allready a DSC-unit, but is installed unit same as is needed for ACC??
Airbag control unit doesn't need to be change.

-K
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2020, 04:00 AM   #32
ejlover06
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 2017 G30 520 1.6lt

Lightbulb

Quote:
Hi

When you mean normal park assist do you mean the car parks it self ?

Thanks
Yes the car can park itself. But the system is not "Plus" version and I don't know what's different in the plus version. But I don't have a remote parking option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimi_76 View Post

-K
There is no reason to change it. Probably some seller wanted to sell an expensive DSC unit to someone who doesn't have any idea and it became a myth.
As you can see from the photo, all options listed there has exactly the same DSC unit.

My question is what else needed to be added (in addition to 2 front corner bumper sensors) to convert the 5AS to 5AT???

And BTW xenon lights are long gone in the premium segment, instead LED's are being used for years
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-04-2020, 04:19 AM   #33
Kimi_76
Finland
Rep

Quote:

There is no reason to change it. Probably some seller wanted to sell an expensive DSC unit to someone who doesn't have any idea and it became a myth.
As you can see from the photo, all options listed there has exactly the same DSC unit.
Just as I tought

Quote:

And BTW xenon lights are long gone in the premium segment, instead LED's are being used for years
True, but in second hand car, there was no change to get LED's, not even in imported vehicle ... and retrofitting LED's is way too expencive ....

-K
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2021, 07:15 PM   #34
fishieke
Rep
Drives: 530E M Iperformance

Quote:
Hi Tom and everyone

As I mentioned earlier I have retrofitted this to my G31. I still have some parts left including the DSC unit and Airbag Control and also the lower grill which is brand new and also a full option heated steering wheel

Thanks
Paul

Are these parts also for G30 ?
where are you based in UK maybe you can help me with the install ?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 12:58 PM   #35
The Zimmer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishieke View Post
Quote:
Hi Tom and everyone

Thanks
Paul

Are these parts also for G30 ?
where are you based in UK maybe you can help me with the install ?
Hey buddy

Yes they will fit a g30

Send me a pm
Appreciate 1
540iSUP703.00
      02-15-2021, 01:36 PM   #36
Frozen Fractals
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i xDrive

I'm trying to get ACC (S5DFA) retrofitted on my G30. I have S5ASA and S5DNA, so I don't think I need a new DSC module or the SAS module.

Assuming this, I would need the radar sensor, radome cover, bracket for sensor, grille with cutout for radome and mounting hardware for bracket. However, I cannot seem to wrap my head around the wiring harnesses required.

I know my car already has some wiring harness for the front-end/bumper for the active shutters and the PDC sensors. Bimmercat (https://bimmercat.com/bmw/en/search/...58/USA/61_5010) has two P/Ns for the wiring harness, 61129395453 (set of cables, front bumper) and 61129855638/61126991536 (cable set, front end). Not sure which of those two I would need.

Any insight would be much appreciated!

That guide from the Russian guy seems pretty good. It's just I am still confused about the wiring harness required.

The wiring diagram for B202 (connector for the ACC radar) seems to indicate 5 wires which need to be connected to different modules. The connector itself is 8 pins, but only 5 of the 8 pins are actually used. Two of those wires connect to the SAS (optional extras) module carrying Ethernet traffic via the X149*2B connector on the front driver left side. Two other wires from the ACC module carrying KL 15 power and ground connect to the Z44 (front power distribution box) module via the X148*1B connector on the front passenger right side. The fifth/last wire is connected to the radome heater.

From the factory, my car doesn't have any of those wires, so I will need to run two new wires from ACC to SAS for Ethernet through the driver side firewall. Also, I will need to run one wire from ACC to Z44 for KL 15 power through the passenger side firewall. The ground wire is connect to X148*1B connector which already has a ground wire on it from the factory.

I think I understand that part clearly. My confusion comes from which wiring harness actually is used. That Russian guy above tells to use 61129395453. However, according to the catalog there is another wiring harness, 61126991536. The former (453) is labeled as front bumper wiring harness while the latter (536) is labeled as front end wiring harness. Based on my Google Images searches, it looks like 61126991536 is the actual correct wiring harness which are associated with X148*1B and X149*2B which are used to wire to the ACC module. 61129395453 looks like it is for the front bumper wiring which connects X148*2B connector to the front PDC sensors and fog lights on the bumper itself. However, I am not 100% certain...I'd like to have someone who's done this confirm my hunches
2018 G30 540i xDrive M Sport | Carbon Black Metallic | KW V3 Coilovers | F90 Suspension | F90 Brakes | 20" HRE FF10 Liquid Black Wheels | Michelin Pilot Sport 4S Tires | Ivory White Dakota Leather | Carbon Fiber Trim | Executive Package | Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System | JL Audio 12W6v3 and XD600/1v2 | Ceramic Controls | BM3 Stage 2+ E50 ECU Tune | xHP Stage 3 TCU Tune | Dorch Stage 2 HPFP | MST Cold Air Intake | FTP Chargepipe | AA Catted Downpipe | Remus Catback Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2021, 07:20 PM   #37
Archer7
Rep
Drives: F90 Com

Can some one please post the wire harness part number that come from the BDC and the SAS module?

I am looking to replace those wire harness because the wires got messed up due to an accident. Also note that these wire harness are not in the bumper at all.

For reference please look at this video:

from 18:33 the guys talks about the wire harness. I need the both side driver and passenger side.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2021, 01:32 PM   #38
The Zimmer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Hey all

I am selling all the required parts for Driving Assistant Plus

Front ACC Radar with Loom and front Grill
4 x Bumper Radars with Loom
Full option Steering wheel, Vibration, Touch Heated
Blind Spot Assistant, power folding with Camera Mirrors.

Selling as a package

PM me for price

Thanks
Appreciate 1
540iSUP703.00
      06-07-2021, 12:41 PM   #39
clkman
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 550I

Not sure I need all of them but might be interested on the Front ACC Radar with Loom and front Gril and Full option Steering wheel, Vibration, Touch Heated
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2021, 01:08 AM   #40
The Zimmer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clkman View Post
Not sure I need all of them but might be interested on the Front ACC Radar with Loom and front Gril and Full option Steering wheel, Vibration, Touch Heated
Send me a PM bud
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2021, 03:48 PM   #41
chuddism
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Send me a PM bud
@ The Zimmer - your inbox is full.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2021, 03:55 PM   #42
The Zimmer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuddism View Post
Quote:
Send me a PM bud
@ The Zimmer - your inbox is full.
Should be fine now
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2021, 09:16 AM   #43
music21050
Private
France
Rep
Drives: BMW 530 xdrive

Garage List
hello, who can tell me how to code to have the "acc" option that I also have on my f10? thanks for the help...

S544 = regulator with braking function
S5DM = Parking Assistance System
S5AQ = Active Guard Plus
S5AC = High Beam Assistant

I think that with all this, I just have to code to modify ... I will just have to modify the control on the steering wheel ...
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 03:59 PM   #44
fishieke
Rep
Drives: 530E M Iperformance

Quote:
Hey all

I am selling all the required parts for Driving Assistant Plus

Front ACC Radar with Loom and front Grill
4 x Bumper Radars with Loom
Full option Steering wheel, Vibration, Touch Heated
Blind Spot Assistant, power folding with Camera Mirrors.

Selling as a package

PM me for price

Thanks

Hi any chance to help install this ?
Appreciate 0