BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Coding "Comfort Individual" and "EcoProPlus" Modes.

03-03-2021, 04:58 AM   #1
ejlover06
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 2017 G30 520 1.6lt

Question Coding "Comfort Individual" and "EcoProPlus" Modes.

Greetings,

I've coded ComfortPlus and SportPlus modes on my 2017 G30 without any issues.

However, with the same logic when I code Comfort Individual and EcoProPlus modes on BDC and HU_NBT units I'm facing some issues:
- Comfort Individual menu doesn't show up on iDrive screen when I press comfort button.
- Ordering is Comfort-ComfortPlus-*missing Individual*. When I press comfort button when Plus is selected, the selection doesn't change (theoretically Individual is selected) but there is no menu for that on that screen.
- After making the selection as I described ComfortPlus text disappears from cluster screen (near gear indicator) and remains blank.
- EcoProPlus has a similar problem. It shows and can be selected in iDrive menu as normal, but EcoPro text disappears from cluster in this mode too.

What am I missing in coding? Does any G30 have ComfortIndividual from factory or am I trying to code a feature from 7 series? Can it be done?

Thanks for your support?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2021, 08:50 AM   #2
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

I was going to ask what comfort individual was as I don't have that at least on my 2017 g30

I would expect being individual that you can customise the suspension (if you have vdc or adaptive drive) and steering and drivetrain.
Do you have those option available to you?
Or are those just for eco pro individual and sort individual?

I'd be happy with the comfort mode if I could chang the steering to sport but that's not possible so i personally use sport individual as my go to mode as it is configured how I want with the benefit of ass being off.

Can you get comfort plus, I think I'm right I saying the alpine g30 get those mode which included an even softer ride
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2021, 09:49 AM   #3
ejlover06
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 2017 G30 520 1.6lt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
I was going to ask what comfort individual was as I don't have that at least on my 2017 g30

I would expect being individual that you can customise the suspension (if you have vdc or adaptive drive) and steering and drivetrain.
Do you have those option available to you?
Or are those just for eco pro individual and sort individual?

I'd be happy with the comfort mode if I could chang the steering to sport but that's not possible so i personally use sport individual as my go to mode as it is configured how I want with the benefit of ass being off.

Can you get comfort plus, I think I'm right I saying the alpine g30 get those mode which included an even softer ride
As I explained in my message: I've coded Comfort Individual but it doesn't show on the iDrive Menus. So I couldn't change any parameters in Individual settings. That's why I asked for opinions for the missing coding parameters.

Comfort Plus has Plus Steering and Plus Suspension settings for a softer ride.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2023, 10:35 PM   #4
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i; Kia EV6 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejlover06 View Post
Greetings,

I've coded ComfortPlus and SportPlus modes on my 2017 G30 without any issues.

However, with the same logic when I code Comfort Individual and EcoProPlus modes on BDC and HU_NBT units I'm facing some issues:
- Comfort Individual menu doesn't show up on iDrive screen when I press comfort button.
- Ordering is Comfort-ComfortPlus-*missing Individual*. When I press comfort button when Plus is selected, the selection doesn't change (theoretically Individual is selected) but there is no menu for that on that screen.
- After making the selection as I described ComfortPlus text disappears from cluster screen (near gear indicator) and remains blank.
- EcoProPlus has a similar problem. It shows and can be selected in iDrive menu as normal, but EcoPro text disappears from cluster in this mode too.

What am I missing in coding? Does any G30 have ComfortIndividual from factory or am I trying to code a feature from 7 series? Can it be done?

Thanks for your support?
under Body Domain COntroller on bimmercode
go to expert mode
search "comfort"
there are numerous stuff there - i wonder if one of them will let you change stuff, for example

- FES_Comfort_Values: there are 4 values there. could they be damper, steering, engine, transmission?
and what is
- FES_Comfort_PIA
and the other stuff
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2023, 10:11 AM   #5
aidasb123
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Hi ejlover06,

Did you figure out how to add Comfort Individual into iDrive?
I have same issue. Have coded but it’s not showing on iDrive.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2023, 01:12 AM   #6
TheNine90
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw

Which coding did you use? Did you also code the HU?
Appreciate 0