BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Door Lock actuator issues

02-27-2024, 12:48 AM   #1
rexmatt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i

Garage List
2018 BMW 540i  [0.00]
Door Lock actuator issues

I have a strange problem related to my door lock actuator that I’m hoping someone could shed some light on. A couple of months ago, I was doing a project that involved taking apart both of my rear door panels. Passenger side door went perfectly smoothly, but when I finished the driver’s side, the door would not lock/unlock electronically with the rest of the car. I spent several hours trying to fix this, but I eventually gave in and ordered a used door lock actuator on eBay which cost me several hundred dollars. I installed it and everything worked perfectly again… until I was cleaning my car and accidentally knocked the child lock switch. I flipped it back thinking nothing of it, but a couple minutes later I realized I was back to the same problem… no electronic locking an unlocking. What could this be? Surely the whole door lock actuator isn’t bad just due to flipping the child lock switch. Any advice helps, thanks.
Appreciate 0