BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Experience with Windshield repair services like Safelite

01-24-2020, 05:22 PM   #23
HazChem
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BSM M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got f1? View Post
HazChem I believe I helped you with yours, right?
You did back in May. Windshield still holding up well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
Do you have a HUD?
M2s don’t have HUD option. I wish they did!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 10:56 PM   #24
VChenz
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 Base

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4_GTS View Post
Yeah, the windshield is Pilkington (not China) and the side windows is Fuyao (China). I dont trust ppl out there anymore, they are just out to make a bigger profit, there's no moral anymore.

When Fuyao (or any other company) produces for BMW, they have to meet the quality standard for BMW. But when it's their own private label, it's whatever quality standard they want to meet or lack of.
Agreed.

In many factories overseas they will have a QA person from the purchasing entity approve/reject batches of product on site. I know this from the luxury goods retail industry. The stuff they approve gets the manufacturer's branding. The stuff that doesn't...well it should be destroyed but a lot of the times it isn't as the factory doesn't want to fully absorb the loss or they just want to make an extra dime.

If you are replacing glass on a leased vehicle it has to be the OEM logoed glass. With that said, I think a lot of BMW lessees take the damage protection package on their lease. Might be worthwhile to just return it with the chip/crack if you're turning it in relatively soon. Though you should check to see if that protection covers glass.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2020, 03:27 AM   #25
GenXer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a bat out of hell.

Garage List
I've had mixed results with Safelite mobile service and center repairs on my Audi, Saturn, Mercedes, VW, and Buick. They were courteous and prompt. They even got all of my windows cleaned inside and outside. I never had any leaks or rattles with the work performed. However, I've had a few occasions where they didn't install the trim pieces correctly and it ended up popping off or wouldn't even fit. I've had instances where they brought the wrong glass. Same make and model but different trim level. Fortunately they never try to hide the fact they messed up and came back with the correct pane.
Appreciate 0