BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding 2020 Comfort Access Proximity

07-21-2023, 03:18 PM   #1
weinerbarn
Unapologetic Tool Hoarder
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M Competition

2020 Comfort Access Proximity

Apologize in advance if this has been discussed at length as I'm new to the G30. I have a 2020 540i xDrive with 322 Comfort Access. It doesn't seem like these have proximity access. I did some searching and coded the 3 options in the head unit and 1 in the BDC, I can see the options now but cannot toggle/check them to enable. I've see this thread where it appears maybe there's a difference between pre-LCI and LCI vehicles https://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1787779

and others via the Googles. Then I come across videos like this that say it's "easy" to retrofit. Any idea what's being changed? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvNRyiftcLY

I compared P/N of the Keys, Door Handles and BDC on 2020 vs 2021 models and it appears the keys and handles are the same but BDC differs. The new BDC is shared with the LCI and also 2019+ G20. My daughter's 2020 M340i has this functionality so I'm thinking this item is what enables the proximity function. Anyone on here had success in adding/enabling proximity on a pre-LCI G30?
Appreciate 0