BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis 530e lowering springs

12-31-2021, 06:12 PM   #23
AD51YYY
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e M Sport 2018

Garage List
2022 BMW 520d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_sd View Post
I am not that happy with the H&R springs either. They are sitting a bit to low and ride is to harsh. I have warped the front rims several times already. However, the stock springs are sitting way to high and does not look good. Anyone have any ideas on something in between?

Christer
I noticed you posted on a different sub when you had your H&R springs installed back in 2019 and said they were OK.. Have you put up with them all this time? I had mine installed this week, specific for the 530e and not too impressed with the ride comfort. Almost felt sick after driving the car all day today! It seemed very stiff and all the imperfections in the road were coming through the car.

Some people suggest the springs are great and love them but others have taken them off.. Just wondering if they might "settle" and become bearable or have I ruined my car?!
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2022, 03:37 AM   #24
richard0ne
Rep
Drives: 540i

MSS that mug!

RGSPORT, do you have the MSS springs in stock and how much would you charge for installation?

I would go this route if the MSS springs ride comfort is close to stock. If its bouncy like most aftermarket springs, just not worth it on a 5 series.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2022, 05:10 AM   #25
AD51YYY
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e M Sport 2018

Garage List
2022 BMW 520d  [0.00]
I've been doing a lot of reading into this bouncy aspect of lowering springs and it seems that the bounciness is the result of the stock shock being compressed to the point that the vehicle is actually riding on the bump stop. There are very good examples over in the f30 forum. People have trimmed the bump stop and found this vastly improved the ride. Others have replaced the bump stop with e3x ones (as they are smaller) and again as a result of the shock having some more manoeuvrability it's gotten rid of the bounciness..

It's all to do with the bump stops. Anyone tried tinkering with the bump stops??
Appreciate 0