BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery 2022 G30 B58 VIN Acquired

12-17-2021, 06:59 AM   #89
G30 B58
Pace Car Driver
Rep
Drives: '22 AW G30 B58 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by xli007 View Post
For real? man, I was hoping get my car before the year ends. If I have to wait until Feb, I might just skip the experience part and just take the car.

100% for real.

Jan 12 is the next available slot at the PDC. Even then, there may only be 1 available on that day.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2021, 07:21 AM   #90
sunny27
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Honda Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32 N55 View Post
100% for real.

Jan 12 is the next available slot at the PDC. Even then, there may only be 1 available on that day.
Hi,
Could you please explain in detail about this what is PDC.
As I shared yesterday my dealer said my recall is closed and he will start working on paperwork tomorrow. Don’t have any other info when he is getting the vehicle, but bmwgarage shows “at the port” still. What might be happening here..thanks for your help.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2021, 09:46 AM   #91
G30 B58
Pace Car Driver
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny27 View Post
Hi,
Could you please explain in detail about this what is PDC.
As I shared yesterday my dealer said my recall is closed and he will start working on paperwork tomorrow. Don’t have any other info when he is getting the vehicle, but bmwgarage shows “at the port” still. What might be happening here..thanks for your help.

https://bmwperformancecenter.com/delivery/
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2021, 04:26 PM   #92
G30 B58
Pace Car Driver
Rep

Ordered Sept 1.
Expected Delivery Jan 10.

Here's a partial copy / paste of an email from the PC to our CA and forwarded to us:

Based upon the production number (xxxxxxxxxx) of your customer’s vehicle, the earliest available date for Performance Center Delivery is 1/10/2022, your customer would arrive the evening prior.

Due to the high volume of reservation requests, we are only able to hold this tentative delivery date for a limited time. This tentative delivery date will be released and given to another client if we have not received a response from you within 2 business days. After conferring this date with your customer, please inform us via e-mail if they can attend so we can proceed with delivery arrangements on our end. We will then send a confirmation email to your customer.

In the event your customer is unable to take advantage of this date, you have the option of canceling the reservation or you can provide us with 3 alternate days that meet your customer’s schedule. Alternate dates must fall within 10 working days (Monday thru Friday) after the original assigned date above. Again, dates are assigned according to your customer’s production number and are on a first-come-first-serve basis and Fridays are typically the first days to fill.

The BMW Performance Center is closely monitoring the developments regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus). This is an unprecedented national health emergency, and we will continue to develop and adjust our plans to best serve our customers. Due to the constantly changing environment surrounding COVID-19, we recommend that your customer does not make any travel arrangements until 2 weeks prior to their delivery date. If we encounter delays due to COVID-19 closures, production schedules, weather, or other unforeseeable circumstances, this delivery date may need to be changed prior to that 2-week window.

You should advise your customer that he/she should not make any travel arrangements until they have received a confirmation e-mail from us and that travel arrangements should not be made more than two-weeks prior to the delivery date. Due to production schedules, weather, or other unforeseeable circumstances, the delivery date may need to be changed prior to that two-week window.

Please note and advise your customer of the following information:
Appreciate 1
xli00710.50
      12-17-2021, 05:00 PM   #93
xli007
Rep
Drives: BMW 540

Quote:
Ordered Sept 1.
Expected Delivery Jan 10.

Here's a partial copy / paste of an email from the PC to our CA and forwarded to us:
Thanks for sharing this. I've been tracking my car, its in transit for like 3 days now. Called BMW Genius, apparently my car was scheduled to arrive at VPC/PC on 12.15, but there was a train delay. Hopefully, I'll get a similar email pretty soon. Living without a car for almost 3 month now.
Appreciate 1
G30 B581546.50
      12-18-2021, 10:10 PM   #94
sunny27
Enlisted Member
Rep

Hi,
I have a question please. I placed order end of Aug with about 5.5% off msrp. Dealer sent prod# with that has my name and build info. I filled some finance application and told I was approved. He asked to deposit 1000 and gave my card info, but he did not took the deposit.
My car almost cleared in stop sale. Can he stop selling car to me or can he broke his promise 5.5% off msrp? Just want to know how this works. I don’t think we had any paper work I signed other than filling credit application. Thanks for your help.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2021, 11:51 AM   #95
G30 B58
Pace Car Driver
Rep

Quote:
Hi,
I have a question please. I placed order end of Aug with about 5.5% off msrp. Dealer sent prod# with that has my name and build info. I filled some finance application and told I was approved. He asked to deposit 1000 and gave my card info, but he did not took the deposit.
My car almost cleared in stop sale. Can he stop selling car to me or can he broke his promise 5.5% off msrp? Just want to know how this works. I don’t think we had any paper work I signed other than filling credit application. Thanks for your help.
Sounds exactly like our scenario. We did sign a Retail Buyers Order with the selling price listed w/ a $2K down payment that was never put on our credit card.

Make sure you get the .9% interest rate that was available at the time and I think you'll be in good shape. If the interest rate changes, try to negotiate the selling price of the car but I doubt you'll need to do that.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2021, 12:34 PM   #96
sunny27
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Sounds exactly like our scenario. We did sign a Retail Buyers Order with the selling price listed w/ a $2K down payment that was never put on our credit card.

Make sure you get the .9% interest rate that was available at the time and I think you'll be in good shape. If the interest rate changes, try to negotiate the selling price of the car but I doubt you'll need to do that.
Hi, Thanks for suggestions.
I just got a call and they are working on paperwork and looks like they stick to word on the %discount, however the finance team is saying I can take either 1500 rebate or 0.9% but not both. If I understood on BMW website, I think I should able to get both. Am I reading wrong here. Appreciate your suggestions. Thank You.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2021, 12:42 PM   #97
sunny27
Enlisted Member
Rep

They are also asking about the extended warranty from 3-5 years. I came to know repairs are expensive with bmw and nice to have additional warranty. Please bear with me this is my first luxury car. Can I purchase warranty when getting close to 3 years? Will there be any benefit buying now vs later? Thank You.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2021, 02:23 PM   #98
G30 B58
Pace Car Driver
Rep

Dear Mr. F32 N55,

We are excited you have chosen to take delivery of your new vehicle at the BMW Performance Center. This email is to confirm your Performance Center Delivery for production number ######## has been scheduled for 1/10/2022. You will stay the evening prior to your delivery at the Greenville Marriott as our guest. A block of rooms is reserved each week under our account at the hotel. You will not be assigned a room until check-in. Please do not contact the hotel to confirm your reservation. This email acts as your confirmation for both your hotel and delivery experience.

Please note that the BMW Performance Center is closely monitoring the developments regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus). This is an unprecedented national health emergency, and we will continue to develop and adjust our plans as necessary. All guests will be asked to wear a mask during the vehicle overview, while touring the BMW Museum/Factory and when social distancing of 6 feet or more is not possible. You may choose to bring your own mask, or one can be provided to you upon arrival to the BMW Performance Center.

The attached Performance Center Delivery Information flyer will inform you of what to expect during your delivery and travel information which may be beneficial in planning your trip.

Important Information:

· The delivery program is designed for you and one guest; additional guests cannot be accommodated, NO EXCEPTIONS.

· Your delivery day will start at 8 am and conclude around 3 pm.

· The BMW Performance Center does not assist with shipping arrangements and customers who choose to ship a vehicle after delivery, must be available at the time of shipment to hand the vehicle over to the carrier.

· Participants must present a valid driver’s license (participants 15 to 17 years of age must be accompanied by a legal guardian).

· Childcare services are not available. If your guest is a child under the age of 12, you will be required to accompany them in our café and will not be able to participate in the BMW factory tour or any driving activities during the day.

· No pets are allowed at the BMW Performance Center or the Marriott hotel.

· Dress code is casual and comfortable. Completely enclosed shoes (no high heels, sandals, or clogs) are required.

· European Delivery customers, who have already taken delivery of their vehicle in Europe, will not receive a vehicle overview during re-delivery.

Please read the following important documents attached:

Performance Center Delivery Information
Includes

o What to Expect

o Important Information About Your Delivery

o Travel Information

o Things to Bring

o Visitor Information

Travel Form
Please complete and return your travel form no earlier than three weeks prior to your delivery.

Accessories

Accessories are unable to be installed at the BMW Performance Center. Some accessories can be installed at the port prior to the vehicle being transported to our facility. Please check with your BMW Client Advisor for information and pricing on accessories for your new BMW.

Cancellations

If you need to cancel your Performance Center Delivery, notify the BMW Center from whom you ordered the vehicle immediately. They are required to submit a cancellation form for your vehicle. Please note the following two circumstances and the resulting outcome:

- If the vehicle has already been shipped to the BMW Performance Center, you are responsible for any shipping charges that apply to transport the vehicle back to your selling BMW Center. Vehicles are delivered to our facility approximately 2 weeks prior to your delivery date.

- If the vehicle has not been shipped to the BMW Performance Center, upon receipt of the Cancellation Form the vehicle will be re-routed for transport to your selling BMW Center at no additional cost.

If you have any questions regarding your delivery, please email us at PerformanceCenterDelivery@bmwmc.com. To visit us on BMWUSA.com click here.

We hope your trip here will be a highlight in your automotive experiences and we look forward to meeting you soon.

It's official, now let's book some flights.
Appreciate 3
ArchieV295.50
xli00710.50
      12-20-2021, 02:26 PM   #99
G30 B58
Pace Car Driver
Rep

Quote:
Hi, Thanks for suggestions.
I just got a call and they are working on paperwork and looks like they stick to word on the %discount, however the finance team is saying I can take either 1500 rebate or 0.9% but not both. If I understood on BMW website, I think I should able to get both. Am I reading wrong here. Appreciate your suggestions. Thank You.
No reason you shouldn't get both but maybe start a new thread and ask others that know more and have bought several cars from BMW.

Quote:
They are also asking about the extended warranty from 3-5 years. I came to know repairs are expensive with bmw and nice to have additional warranty. Please bear with me this is my first luxury car. Can I purchase warranty when getting close to 3 years? Will there be any benefit buying now vs later? Thank You.
I'm almost certain you can purchase an extended warranty just beofe the factory one is about to expire, I'd wait. And again, start a new thread and ask the members here.

Appreciate 0
      12-20-2021, 06:49 PM   #100
xli007
Rep

Quote:
Congrats! Mine is still showing "In Transit" will have to call BMW tomorrow and find out what's going on. Hopefully, I'm not too far behind.
Appreciate 1
G30 B581546.50
      12-21-2021, 02:05 PM   #101
Cabbage
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M550i xDrive Sedan

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Congrats! Mine is still showing "In Transit" will have to call BMW tomorrow and find out what's going on. Hopefully, I'm not too far behind.
Ask for what ship you are on. Then you can track it online.
      12-21-2021, 06:28 PM   #102
xli007
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabbage View Post
Ask for what ship you are on. Then you can track it online.
Yeah, thats what i was being doing. My car actually arrived the state side a couple weeks ago. It went from At Port to In Transit and now At Port again. Was told by BMW Genius today, the car is at VPC.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2021, 01:33 PM   #103
G30 B58
Pace Car Driver
Rep

Not that it matters but we are now showing as:

...... or Performance Center
Appreciate 2
xli00710.50
ArchieV295.50
      12-23-2021, 11:27 PM   #104
sunny27
Enlisted Member
Rep

My vehicle is arrived at dealership in Eastcoast. Takes about week to reache me at mid west. Nov26-Dec22 is the wait time to install the Amplifier. Once I got my vechile around Jan 2/3, I will post pictures. Thank you all.
Appreciate 1
G30 B581546.50
      01-03-2022, 12:49 PM   #105
xli007
Rep

Happy new year, got my PCD scheduled for 1/20!!
Appreciate 2
G30 B581546.50
ArchieV295.50
      01-03-2022, 04:41 PM   #106
G30 B58
Pace Car Driver
Rep

Quote:
Happy new year, got my PCD scheduled for 1/20!!
Thanks and same to you. Nice!!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2022, 11:40 AM   #107
G30 B58
Pace Car Driver
Rep

Dear F32 N55,

Thank you for registering for the driving portion of the Performance Center Delivery Experience on 2022-01-10.
Appreciate 1
ArchieV295.50
      01-10-2022, 09:24 AM   #108
G30 B58
Pace Car Driver
Rep

Delivered.
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
xli00710.50
ArchieV295.50
Waltan1.00
Cabbage624.50
DNYC1919478.00
      01-10-2022, 12:41 PM   #109
xli007
Rep

Wow, that's nice looking. I will be standing at the same spot in 10 days!
Appreciate 1
G30 B581546.50
      01-11-2022, 09:59 AM   #110
ArchieV
Corporal
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 540i xDrive

How did Day 1 PCD go??