BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Photos - Video - Build Threads My 540ix Bluestone Build

01-13-2022, 04:22 PM   #177
Junebug85
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive - M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hems77 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebug85 View Post
Hey mate,

Do you know if yours were RHD? I know they also do LHD caps which are slightly different but look almost identical.

Mine are the SSDD Motorsport ones but I got them second hand on eBay.

https://www.ssdd-motorsport.com/bmw-...mirror-covers/

Sterling Automotive do some at a very reasonable price. I have their bodykit and is very good quality, so I would expect the mirror covers to be just as good.

https://www.sterling-automotive.co.u...s-g30-g31-pair

Hope this helps
Hey mate

Thanks for this.

Re RHD - that's what I thought too. In fact the seller mentioned they could have sent me LHD by mistake. The markings inside suggest they're LHD but they're insisting they are not. I'm not convinced - think they're just fobbing me off.

Glad you mentioned Sterling - saw these too when I did a quick google. For that price I was going to question the quality but if you've bought from them already I'll trust your judgement. Might go for these! After I return these others first.

Thanks again! Much appreciated!
No worries

Sterling's quality is up there with OEM. I was really impressed with the quality and the fitment is on point so the mirror caps should be all good.

Let me know how it all goes.

G30 540i xDrive / Stage 2 / MSS Springs / MPS4S / 20" BBS CI-R / Eibach Spacers / xHP Stg 2 / Lots of Gloss Black
Appreciate 0