BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum DIY Discussions / Guides / Instructions Front Brake Pad Message

11-29-2021, 04:46 PM   #1
Marodon
Rep
Drives: BMW 520D G30

Front Brake Pad Message

I have a notification showing on my 2017 520D G30 for the Front Brake Pads.
It says Change Due Soon and came up first saying, due in 2000 KM.
The car has 95000 KM and I bought it from a Jaguar garage a couple of months ago and have put 3000 KM on it since.
The garage said they serviced it and replaced front and back brake pads when I bought it - my feeling is that they did, but....

I am wondering if the message can come up because they didn't reset a counter when the pads were replaced or does this message only appear if the wear sensor has worn through and activated the message.
I have watched a few videos on how to reset the message but want to have an idea of what can trigger it first.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 01:34 PM   #2
steveward
Rep
Drives: 530e

the garage most likely replaced the pads before the wear sensor was worn through so didnt bother resetting the counter, or they did try as i have done and was unable to reset it as the car can see there wasnt a terminal change, i had to unplug the wear sensor from the loom connection and plug it back in, the car can see the terminal change and then allows you to reset the counter
Appreciate 1
540iSUP703.00