BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum DIY Discussions / Guides / Instructions DIY: IND Rear Marker Install 2021 540i M Sport

08-15-2021, 04:01 PM   #1
sebash
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Bernina Grey 540i M Sport

DIY: IND Rear Marker Install 2021 540i M Sport

I recently purchased the front and rear markers from IND for my 2021 540i Bernina Grey M Sport. I searched forums and YouTube for a while and couldn't find a good DIY detailing the rear install. Theres a great DIY here for the fronts. In fact, what I did find for the rear was way over complicated for this very simple job. I did one side the HARD way and the other side the EASY way so you can learn from my mistakes!

This is a 20 minute job. So easy.

Step 1: remove the plastic underbody. It's (10) 8mm screws.

Step 2: lightly pull and fidget with the diffuser starting at the bottom corner. you'll get a feel for the tabs and they simply pop open. very easy, no need to use much force at all.

Step 3: press the (3) tabs on the existing marker and pop it out.

Step 4: press your IND marker in.

Step 5: repeat on other side, re-install the underbody piece and boom you're done!

In case you're curious, I wedged my hand up on one side and scratched and scraped and wiggled and was able to get one of them removed and installed but it was an awful experience! However, it forced me to try something else and happily I discovered how simple this job can be. Hope this helps.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
maDjzo851.00
540iSUP703.00
      08-19-2021, 06:01 PM   #2
FrankW1029
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 540i

congrats on the car. not sure why ppl don't like the rear reflector tho. i've kept mine when i changed out the diffuser.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2021, 06:17 PM   #3
sebash
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Bernina Grey 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankW1029 View Post
congrats on the car. not sure why ppl don't like the rear reflector tho. i've kept mine when i changed out the diffuser.
Some do some don't. That's the beauty of mods. You get to represent your style. Less movement so to speak and more muted feels clean and modern to me. That's why I like it. The red reflectors add a splash of color that can be nice too.
Appreciate 0