BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum DIY Discussions / Guides / Instructions Mirror caps!

01-05-2022, 06:06 PM   #1
w210e55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '13 535i msport

Mirror caps!

I’m trying to swap out the mirror caps on my g30 and I’m having a hell of a time. I can see the clip on the outer edge of the cap but can’t get the clip off. I’ve watched the YouTube videos and still no success. Is anyone in the dfw area that’s done this before successfully?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2022, 12:01 AM   #2
///MeraldCity_G82
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 BSM M3C

lower the side mirrors down all the way and to the inside of the car all the way. You can then use a flat head to access the two upper clips. it is very easy to do

You have to pull on the mirror while working the clips. Start on the top or bottom clip and start pulling. The bottom clip will eventually start pulling out as well but wont until you pry the opposite clip.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2022, 10:15 AM   #3
mcasteels
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 530e, Mini F60 SE

I had to remove the mirror glass. Be careful not to break it. I moved the mirror first down an to the side of the car. Afterwards I used one of those plastic tools to gently unclimbed the mirror glass. There are wires soldered to the glass (blind spot warning and dimming function) depending on your options. Afterwards I used some fabric to protect it and the car.

Then it is easy to remove the mirror caps and putter others on.
Appreciate 1
maDjzo861.50