BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Joe Biden Launches Presidential Bid 2020

05-07-2019, 08:41 AM   #177
.2pdk
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
You guys keep thinking that Trump has this in the bag. I would agree.....if not for Biden. Remember, Trump is a Gaff-o-matic too and that meant nothing during the election, people voted for him in droves.

Mark my words, as much as I don't want it to be true, I think Trump will lose the election if up against Biden.
Being a creep with respect to women also meant nothing but being a creep with respect to children may be difficult to overcome...
Appreciate 1
MKSixer15728.50

05-07-2019, 08:51 AM   #178
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
You guys keep thinking that Trump has this in the bag. I would agree.....if not for Biden. Remember, Trump is a Gaff-o-matic too and that meant nothing during the election, people voted for him in droves.

Biden is currently polling at over 40% in the Democrat primary polling. Sanders is at 20% and no other candidate breaks the single digits. There is a strong likelihood that he will win the nomination. If he does, he has enough sway over the rust belt blue collar workers that they will choose him over Trump. Many who are not big fans of Trump but would have voted for him anyway over any of the other loons running on the Democrat Party ticket will slide over into Biden's camp as well.

Mark my words, as much as I don't want it to be true, I think Trump will lose the election if up against Biden.
I don't think so.

Biden has a lot of negative baggage and a picture is worth a thousand words. I'd run the creepy videos 24/7. Especially the one's with children. I'd then find each and every man that was around during the photos and videos and interview them on how they felt in the moment. I'd then interview Jeff Sessions and ask him why he slapped Biden's hand away when Creepy Uncle Joe was going for his grand daughter.

My next step would be to hang every negative Obama policy around his neck and set them on fire. The Coup De Gras would be his son's relationship with the Ukrainians and how he tampered with the justice system of a sovereign nation by engaging in a pattern of blackmail to keep his son out of jail.

Game. Set. Match.

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 2
.2pdk4061.00
Run Silent12411.50

05-07-2019, 08:52 AM   #179
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Someone get a camera and ask Joe if he was present during any FISA discussions...

Joe's got a lot of baggage that's about to be put on display, imo.
Ukraine.
Spying.
Anita Hill.
Pedo tendencies.

Ammo o plenty and yes it's going to get ugly...dem on dem. Not to mention what Trump would do.

Re: polls. I read a story from the young Turks claiming the polls are asking a disproportionate amount of older citizens. True? Don't know but feel free to look up their piece.

Imo, Joe is going to lose. Harris is staying pretty low profile. Watch out for her. Hunch.
      05-07-2019, 09:07 AM   #180
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Someone get a camera and ask Joe if he was present during any FISA discussions...

Joe's got a lot of baggage that's about to be put on display, imo.
Ukraine.
Spying.
Anita Hill.
Pedo tendencies.

Ammo o plenty and yes it's going to get ugly...dem on dem. Not to mention what Trump would do.

Re: polls. I read a story from the young Turks claiming the polls are asking a disproportionate amount of older citizens. True? Don't know but feel free to look up their piece.

Imo, Joe is going to lose. Harris is staying pretty low profile. Watch out for her. Hunch.
That was the case in elections past as pollsters called primarily land lines, which most "younger" folks don't have. it's like saying I'm only going to collect my polling data at the bingo parlor.

Now though, the pollsters are definitely calling cells as I get the calls all the time. I think it's still swayed though as the older folks with cell phones tend to answer any number that calls (based on my small sample size of watching my parents and inlaws) while younger folks cant even be bothered to set up an outgoing voicemail, let alone pick up the call.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer15728.50

05-07-2019, 09:09 AM   #181
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
I don't think so.

Biden has a lot of negative baggage and a picture is worth a thousand words. I'd run the creepy videos 24/7. Especially the one's with children. I'd then find each and every man that was around during the photos and videos and interview them on how they felt in the moment. I'd then interview Jeff Sessions and ask him why he slapped Biden's hand away when Creepy Uncle Joe was going for his grand daughter.

My next step would be to hang every negative Obama policy around his neck and set them on fire. The Coup De Gras would be his son's relationship with the Ukrainians and how he tampered with the justice system of a sovereign nation by engaging in a pattern of blackmail to keep his son out of jail.

Game. Set. Match.
Good Lord, remind me to NEVER piss you off....
Appreciate 1
MKSixer15728.50

05-07-2019, 09:10 AM   #182
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Good Lord, remind me to NEVER piss you off....
Sorry...I was having flashback to my time in politics.

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 2
Run Silent12411.50

05-07-2019, 09:15 AM   #183
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
DETRoadster , do you think I should tweet the strategy to Mr. Trump?

Appreciate 2
Run Silent12411.50

05-07-2019, 09:24 AM   #184
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
I don't think so.

Game. Set. Match.

We shall see, sir - we shall see. Honestly, I hope you are right. Realistically, I feel that roughly half the country is probably going to vote against Trump, similar to the stats of last election. It's the ability of a candidate to grab the rust belt (OH, IN, PA) and also who grabs FL that is going to make or break this election in my opinion.

Going up against a coastal liberal, I think Trump can hold his own in those first three states and believe it's still a toss up in FL.

Going up against Biden, I think FL will remain a tossup but I think he will lose some, if not all of the rust belt states. If he loses even one or two of those, he will probably lose the election.

Only time will tell.....right?

05-07-2019, 09:27 AM   #185
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
We shall see, sir - we shall see. Honestly, I hope you are right. Realistically, I feel that roughly half the country is probably going to vote against Trump, similar to the stats of last election. It's the ability of a candidate to grab the rust belt (OH, IN, PA) and also who grabs FL that is going to make or break this election in my opinion.

Going up against a coastal liberal, I think Trump can hold his own in those first three states and believe it's still a toss up in FL.

Going up against Biden, I think FL will remain a tossup but I think he will lose some, if not all of the rust belt states. If he loses even one or two of those, he will probably lose the election.

Only time will tell.....right?
I agree on much this. I think FL will fall for Mr. Trump, convincingly. I spend time in the panhandle as my manufacturing partner is there and Mr. Trump is quite popular with a large cross section of people, speaking anecdotally of course.

You are 100% correct on letting time handle it.

Cheers-MK

Appreciate 1
Run Silent12411.50

05-07-2019, 10:01 AM   #186
The Chaddening
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT

Interesting to see this massive lead that Biden has over Bernie in the polls. For all the talk about socialized healthcare and other hard left policies, it seems the majority of dems are still looking for a slightly left of center candidate.

https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-amer...2310-joe-biden

Reject modernity. Embrace tradition.
Appreciate 1
Run Silent12411.50

05-07-2019, 10:05 AM   #187
.2pdk
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldPump View Post
Interesting to see this massive lead that Biden has over Bernie in the polls. For all the talk about socialized healthcare and other hard left policies, it seems the majority of dems are still looking for a slightly left of center candidate.
Parting with one's hard earned money for the sake of the lazy unwashed masses is not an easy thing to do...
Appreciate 2
      05-07-2019, 10:06 AM   #188
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I agree on much this. I think FL will fall for Mr. Trump, convincingly. I spend time in the panhandle as my manufacturing partner is there and Mr. Trump is quite popular with a large cross section of people, speaking anecdotally of course.

You are 100% correct on letting time handle it.

Cheers-MK
Very true - remember, my dear sir, that I was born and raised in Florida and still have family there. So my radar is pretty in tune with that state. The panhandle is not indicative of Florida as a whole, in my humble opinion. Us Floridians even call the panhandle "LA", for Lower Alabama. That demographic cross section is diametrically opposed to the bulk of the remaining parts of Florida from about Alachua County on down.

Also remember that the largest bulk of the population lives in the metro Orlando region, Tampa-Sarasota-St. Pete region, and the Gold Coast of Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, and Miami. The Gold Coast is nearly as tight a Democrat stronghold as NYC. Orlando and Tampa Bay areas are more of a tossup, but will typically lean slightly left.

When it comes to FL - it really will depend on who can drum up more support for their candidate and actually get them to the polls. I believe Trump will have this benefit if he is running against any of the loons on the Democrat ticket, but believe it will be more of a 50/50 proposition if Biden is the Democrat nominee.

Of course, this is all conjecture, but I feel I do have some solid points - of course you do as well, my dear sir. Curious to see how this all turns out. I hope I am wrong.

05-07-2019, 10:20 AM   #189
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
DETRoadster , do you think I should tweet the strategy to Mr. Trump?
I think he and his team are likely a few steps beyond even your plan already. I imagine it to be on two separate sheets of paper, each with 1/2 the campaign recipe, locked in two safes, with no one but Trump knowing the contents of both. Like the KFC secret recipe.
Appreciate 2
Run Silent12411.50
MKSixer15728.50

05-07-2019, 10:22 AM   #190
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldPump View Post

https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-amer...2310-joe-biden
They are. Bernie's numbers tanked when Biden finally announced. Lots of folks like me were waiting in the wings to jump ship to a more centrist candidate.
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2019, 11:08 AM   #191
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Very true - remember, my dear sir, that I was born and raised in Florida and still have family there. So my radar is pretty in tune with that state. The panhandle is not indicative of Florida as a whole, in my humble opinion. Us Floridians even call the panhandle "LA", for Lower Alabama. That demographic cross section is diametrically opposed to the bulk of the remaining parts of Florida from about Alachua County on down.

Also remember that the largest bulk of the population lives in the metro Orlando region, Tampa-Sarasota-St. Pete region, and the Gold Coast of Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, and Miami. The Gold Coast is nearly as tight a Democrat stronghold as NYC. Orlando and Tampa Bay areas are more of a tossup, but will typically lean slightly left.

When it comes to FL - it really will depend on who can drum up more support for their candidate and actually get them to the polls. I believe Trump will have this benefit if he is running against any of the loons on the Democrat ticket, but believe it will be more of a 50/50 proposition if Biden is the Democrat nominee.

Of course, this is all conjecture, but I feel I do have some solid points - of course you do as well, my dear sir. Curious to see how this all turns out. I hope I am wrong.
Good points, sir.

I think that it will be 52-48 to Mr. Trump. I'll lock it in and we can check after the election. Winner gets to select the steak restaurant of his choice!!

Appreciate 1
Run Silent12411.50

05-07-2019, 11:11 AM   #192
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Good points, sir.

I think that it will be 52-48 to Mr. Trump. I'll lock it in and we can check after the election. Winner gets to select the steak restaurant of his choice!!
Ha - deal! I will wager 51-49 Biden. Game on for the steak dinner, but we'll have to put a hard cap on nothing nicer than a Morton's or Ruth Chris' - I'm just a lowly CPA after all and can't swing the tabs at those big baller restaurants y'all rich folks like to attend if I lose.

05-07-2019, 11:13 AM   #193
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Ha - deal! I will wager 51-49 Biden. Game on for the steak dinner, but we'll have to put a hard cap on nothing nicer than a Morton's or Ruth Chris' - I'm just a lowly CPA after all and can't swing the tabs at those big baller restaurants y'all rich folks like to attend if I lose.

Perfect! And you just picked my two favorite places so no matter who loses, we both win! LOL!

Appreciate 1
Run Silent12411.50

05-07-2019, 01:00 PM   #194
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Run Silent be careful with that one. There was a very similar wager placed between myself and MK, possibly regarding how long it would be before Mr. Trump was impeached. I can't be sure who exactly it is that has so far welshed on the bet, but there is a 50% chance it was NOT me!
Appreciate 1
Run Silent12411.50

05-07-2019, 01:15 PM   #195
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Rep
Drives: 2012 300C SRT8

Quote:

To be clear, would you be driving your Ferrari or BMW to said restaurant?

I don't bet MK. I like to make good on bets, which would necessitate a flight somewhere, which would cost me way too much money, and I can't really justify a thousand dollar flight to make good on an internet bet to my wife. There would be a little doghouse waiting for me when I arrived back.
Appreciate 2
Run Silent12411.50
MKSixer15728.50

05-07-2019, 01:36 PM   #196
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Run Silent be careful with that one. There was a very similar wager placed between myself and MK, possibly regarding how long it would be before Mr. Trump was impeached. I can't be sure who exactly it is that has so far welshed on the bet, but there is a 50% chance it was NOT me!
Touche, although you do live some distance away on the other coast....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
To be clear, would you be driving your Ferrari or BMW to said restaurant?

I don't bet MK. I like to make good on bets, which would necessitate a flight somewhere, which would cost me way too much money, and I can't really justify a thousand dollar flight to make good on an internet bet to my wife. There would be a little doghouse waiting for me when I arrived back.
Fair point. Although that drive is a bit too far for the aging prancing horse. I believe the Mini Cooper would make that journey.

With respect to distance, I am right next to the Tail of the Dragon, so certainly an enticing proposition for him to visit me. Otherwise, I am frequently in other locations which are only about a 3hr drive from his location, that isn't too terribly out of the way I imagine.

But - I shall not lose.
      05-07-2019, 01:45 PM   #197
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
Touche, although you do live some distance away on the other coast....
He regaled me with stories of travels on the regular to LA. Is it *MY* fault he meant something other than the City of Angels????
Appreciate 2
Run Silent12411.50
MKSixer15728.50

05-07-2019, 02:15 PM   #198
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
He regaled me with stories of travels on the regular to LA. Is it *MY* fault he meant something other than the City of Angels????
Meh, LA; Los Angeles, Lower Alabama, Louisiana, it's all the same.