BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery 530e X Drive Ordered

01-11-2021, 12:29 PM   #45
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by AidenL View Post
Thank you.

I love it, it’s a big comfy cruiser, and the build quality is superb.I’m really happy with the colour also. The tech is massive, and I’m glad I went with the HUD. Mrs L finds it distracting, but she sees the benefit of it for navigating.

Battery seems to only be giving 30km of pure electric, but that’s in this really cold weather, with heat, seats and wipers on.

I haven’t driven it in anger yet, and with the 5k distance restriction here for the next few weeks, seems it will be a while till I do.

Overall, very happy though. Had a last minute thought that I should have went for the 545e though, but I think the 530e should be more than adequate at the same time.
Not in anger but a couple of times when I was on a country road with a 65 mph speed limit behind a guy pulling a trailer and they had a passing lane in a sharp uphill area I hit the accelerator to pass him and without saying everything, this thing can be fast and it will still feel like you are going 60.
Appreciate 1
AidenL67.50
      01-11-2021, 03:12 PM   #46
AidenL
Driving !
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 530e XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
Not in anger but a couple of times when I was on a country road with a 65 mph speed limit behind a guy pulling a trailer and they had a passing lane in a sharp uphill area I hit the accelerator to pass him and without saying everything, this thing can be fast and it will still feel like you are going 60.
Good to know. I guess that xtraboost mode really works!
      01-16-2021, 10:05 AM   #47
parthasd
Rep
Drives: G30 LCI 530d x-d, F15, 30d X-d

Quote:
Originally Posted by AidenL View Post
Good to know. I guess that xtraboost mode really works!
Thanks for the real life photos Aiden. I am getting the same colour and interior as yours on a 530d x-drive. Ordered without looking at a car with the same colour.Currently the car is status 195. Tracking the ship, currently moored at Zeebrugge. Landing at Southampton on 18th. Waiting too long already since ordered in September.
Appreciate 1
AidenL67.50