BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions 540 Remus axle back - questions for owners

01-18-2023, 07:25 AM   #1
peteinpa
First Lieutenant
Albania
Rep
Drives: 2013 535xi

Hi folks. Hoping some forum members with Remus axle back can help me out.
1) on LHD cars, I notice the driver side tail pipes seem lose, meaning I can easily move them without much force. The passenger side is much tighter but I would expect that given the mid pipe connection. Can someone check theirs for me.
2) which of your exhaust outlets are active when flap is closed? I can’t tell on mine.
3) Do you feel any excessive vibration in the car since your install. I do but not sure if it is drone or as mentioned above it is not as tight as it should be.
Thanks in advance. Not sure what is going on but it just does not seem right. Don’t get me wrong love the sound especially when getting on it. But the vibrations bug me.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2023, 06:43 AM   #2
buddyboy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 17 540ix

Assuming you have a 540i, If the tail pipes are loose, you didnt tighten the clamps enough , all mine are on solid

the exhaust valve is on the right side outer pipe exit

depending on if you fitted the axle back or cat back, you will get some slight drone at certain RPM's they system doest quieten down a bit over time with some carbon build up. If a clamp or mount is loose you will get more vibration which will cause drone. i had a bolt snap on me from the left side mounting bracket and the tips dropped left side and you could hear a metal vibration and clunk over bumps.

Recheck all the connections and you might find something has worked loose
      01-25-2023, 09:51 AM   #3
peteinpa
First Lieutenant
Albania
Rep
Drives: 2013 535xi

Thanks so much for your response. Yes I have a 540. When you say yours are solid, do you not have any play specifically on the drivers side. I can move mine with little force. Wondering if I should replace the mount on that side. Passenger side is solid with no play at all. Thinking that is due to the mid pipe anchors it on that side.
I am experiencing vibration most notably when I am in higher gears and the engine is turning lower RPM. Wondering if that is the drone you refer too?
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2023, 01:06 PM   #4
Catalin1337
Rep
Drives: Bmw g20 m340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteinpa View Post
Thanks so much for your response. Yes I have a 540. When you say yours are solid, do you not have any play specifically on the drivers side. I can move mine with little force. Wondering if I should replace the mount on that side. Passenger side is solid with no play at all. Thinking that is due to the mid pipe anchors it on that side.
I am experiencing vibration most notably when I am in higher gears and the engine is turning lower RPM. Wondering if that is the drone you refer too?
Did you find any fix for the low rpm vibration?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2023, 02:33 AM   #5
VanessaFunk
Registered
Rep
Drives: mustang 1969

A slight movement is normal, but if it's too loose, double-check the installation. Usually, one side is active when the flap is closed, both sides when open. Refer to your system's design. Excessive vibrations may indicate an installation or exhaust issue. Have it inspected by a professional. A big shoutout to GrabMyEssay for bailing me out during a hectic academic week. This https://www.grabmyessay.com/custom-essay service provides not only met my stringent requirements but also helped me score well. The writers' dedication to precision and adherence to deadlines deserves applause. Grateful for their assistance.The ability to communicate directly with the writer during the process adds a personalized touch, ensuring your custom essay aligns perfectly with your expectations.

Last edited by VanessaFunk; 11-24-2023 at 06:44 AM..
Appreciate 0