BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery Best 2021 M550i deals

02-12-2021, 08:49 AM   #1
hunternight5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 f10 m5

Best 2021 M550i deals

My lease about to end and I wanted to know if it's possible to get a 2021 M550i in the $700-$800 max even $900 with no money down I'm in NY Queens are area any info would be great
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 09:25 AM   #2
Cabbage
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M550i xDrive Sedan

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunternight5 View Post
My lease about to end and I wanted to know if it's possible to get a 2021 M550i in the $700-$800 max even $900 with no money down I'm in NY Queens are area any info would be great
I don't think that you could get that much off with no money down. When I placed my order for a M550i for $83,390 I got some great end of the year deals, and when my car arrives I will be paying about $830 a month with $5000 due at signing.
      02-12-2021, 03:42 PM   #3
hoyas490
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 M550i

Quote:
Leased a 2021 M550i registered in Nassau county. Ordered in October and took delivery in December.

Got 10.5% off msrp
$2,250 incentives
Buy rate MF
Paid first month, fees and taxes due at sign, no money "down".
36/10,000
Payment of $809

You need to be more specific with your "down" versus "due at sign". Down means a down payment, or capital cost reduction, which is separate from due at sign. I paid $4,300 due at sign, but $0 of that was "down".

Based on rolling everything but my first payment into the monthly, my payment would have been $909 with $909 due at sign to drive the car away, none of that down or using MSDs.

That said, MF has gone up since my buy rate, and idk what the incentives are. This also doesn't include my $1k BMW CCA rebate check
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 04:53 PM   #4
hunternight5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 f10 m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyas490 View Post
Quote:
Leased a 2021 M550i registered in Nassau county. Ordered in October and took delivery in December.

Got 10.5% off msrp
$2,250 incentives
Buy rate MF
36/10,000
Payment of $809

You need to be more specific with your "down" versus "due at sign". Down means a down payment, or capital cost reduction, which is separate from due at sign. I paid $4,300 due at sign, but $0 of that was "down".

Based on rolling everything but my first payment into the monthly, my payment would have been $909 with $909 due at sign to drive the car away, none of that down or using MSDs.

That said, MF has gone up since my buy rate, and idk what the incentives are. This also doesn't include my $1k BMW CCA rebate check
What I meant to say is I will pay taxes and fees upfront but not a downpayment ur deal looks great I'm asking around now they all giving me rates in the $900 monthly with 6-7k upfront 10k/36 I'm like wtf where did all this come from couple months back the deals was just like urs and i have seen 800$ flat monthly rate
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2021, 02:23 PM   #5
Beerflakes
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5, 2021 M550i (soon)

If you can negotiate a ~10% discount, option it with less options (lower 80s MSRP), qualify for $2500 or so in incentives, achieve base money factor, and pay taxes up-front... You'd probably still be looking at 750-800/mo payment with zero down payment
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2021, 05:08 PM   #6
redblaze
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i

There are quite many brokers in NY area, they should be able to replicate the discount above. Maybe BMW incentive is not good this and next months though.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2021, 03:20 PM   #7
hoyas490
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Got 10.5% off msrp
$2,250 incentives
Buy rate MF
36/10,000
Payment of $809

What I meant to say is I will pay taxes and fees upfront but not a downpayment ur deal looks great I'm asking around now they all giving me rates in the $900 monthly with 6-7k upfront 10k/36 I'm like wtf where did all this come from couple months back the deals was just like urs and i have seen 800$ flat monthly rate
Fair enough. My broker, LeaseCompanion, can def get you close to this deal (based on MF and rebates changing) if you reach out. Highly recommend him and the dealer he works with, was a pleasant experience. But it's definitely a replicable deal, within reason, using a broker or good negotiating on your part. Just might take some legwork if you don't want to engage with any brokers - but the discount should be out there.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 01:59 AM   #8
WarReady
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 550ix M-SPORT

Total out of pocket 5500
Taxes fees first payment dmv etc...
880$ a month 12k/36months
Car was about 82k
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 06:30 AM   #9
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

Don't you NY residents pay a little more than the rest of us for a lease, due to some silly law that your state passed many years ago?

I haven't done it yet, but it does seem that a broker can often get a better rate than us common folk.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 08:52 AM   #10
DNYC1919
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 540ix

Garage List
2021 540IX  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyE92 View Post
Don't you NY residents pay a little more than the rest of us for a lease, due to some silly law that your state passed many years ago?

I haven't done it yet, but it does seem that a broker can often get a better rate than us common folk.
I'm not a pro at leasing but I used a broker and got about 8%-8.5% on a 2021 540xi custom build. This was before I became a member on this site. I would probably look into the brokers the members used as some got good deals. In my case I Was in a time crunch as Old lease was up and was extended out so I could order a 2021 build .

I did find out you cannot do MSDS with a ny dealer after the fact (maxed at like 750 total msd). So if I were to lease again I would have to have that broker get it from nj if I wanted msds but not sure how I would get the car from nj. I had my car delivered to my front door which was convenient.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2021, 05:51 PM   #11
IDBGOD
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

You can most certainly work a good deal, but the thing is BMW incentives change on a monthly basis. This can work for or against you depending on the program and what is offered at that time. Negotiating a good dealer discount should be fairly doable, but residual, MF, and incentives are set by BMW and are what they are. There is also drive events and other events that come along annually that you can sometimes take advantage of, but obviously you can't predict when those will happen. Broker is a good suggestion if you don't feel you can get a fair deal yourself, but they have their own fees as well that you will have to pay them for their services.

I don't want to sound overly negative, but 10% off MSRP before any incentives is not something most dealers will want to do. If they do do it, it is most likely a car already on their lot or at a specific time like the end of the year/month where they just want to move a couple more new units and are willing to extend a loss. As you will find out, $700-800m is not a realistic figure with no money down for an M550.

Instead, what I would recommend is negotiate a realistic deal (8%-8.5% should not be too difficult on your own), and work with your dealer and build up a relationship (if you plan to have a future with BMW/your local dealer) and just be upfront with them on that fact you are shopping around and are looking for competitive pricing. You should have decent results and can most likely get/build the car you truly want, rather than settling for something already on the lot.

Let us know how it goes, Good luck!

Last edited by IDBGOD; 03-01-2021 at 06:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 09:51 AM   #12
Nilsp
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: G31 530e mSport HE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabbage View Post
I don't think that you could get that much off with no money down. When I placed my order for a M550i for $83,390 I got some great end of the year deals, and when my car arrives I will be paying about $830 a month with $5000 due at signing.
Wait what! $83k for a m550i

Here standard m550i with no options yet, only standard package euro143.331 , that converts into $170.849

No wonder we don't see these cars over here
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 01:45 PM   #13
hoyas490
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDBGOD View Post
You can most certainly work a good deal, but the thing is BMW incentives change on a monthly basis. This can work for or against you depending on the program and what is offered at that time. Negotiating a good dealer discount should be fairly doable, but residual, MF, and incentives are set by BMW and are what they are. There is also drive events and other events that come along annually that you can sometimes take advantage of, but obviously you can't predict when those will happen. Broker is a good suggestion if you don't feel you can get a fair deal yourself, but they have their own fees as well that you will have to pay them for their services.

I don't want to sound overly negative, but 10% off MSRP before any incentives is not something most dealers will want to do. If they do do it, it is most likely a car already on their lot or at a specific time like the end of the year/month where they just want to move a couple more new units and are willing to extend a loss. As you will find out, $700-800m is not a realistic figure with no money down for an M550.

Instead, what I would recommend is negotiate a realistic deal (8%-8.5% should not be too difficult on your own), and work with your dealer and build up a relationship (if you plan to have a future with BMW/your local dealer) and just be upfront with them on that fact you are shopping around and are looking for competitive pricing. You should have decent results and can most likely get/build the car you truly want, rather than settling for something already on the lot.

Totally agree with basically everything you say here. 8-8.5% should be EASILY doable without any help from a broker. But, that last 1.5% to a 10% custom build (which is EASILY available with a broker) is about $1,300 extra discount, and a broker fee is usually $300-$400, leaving you with an extra $900-1,000 in money off by using their services on an $88k MSRP M550i. And that is money saved before you're talking BMW NA incentives or rebates or residual/MF stuff that is specific to a lease. Definitely worth exploring IMO, but that's always a very personal decision.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 08:42 PM   #14
23109VC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Totally agree with basically everything you say here. 8-8.5% should be EASILY doable without any help from a broker. But, that last 1.5% to a 10% custom build (which is EASILY available with a broker) is about $1,300 extra discount, and a broker fee is usually $300-$400, leaving you with an extra $900-1,000 in money off by using their services on an $88k MSRP M550i. And that is money saved before you're talking BMW NA incentives or rebates or residual/MF stuff that is specific to a lease. Definitely worth exploring IMO, but that's always a very personal decision.
I'm in the market for a new M550 lease in Southern California. There are literally 10 BMW dealerships within a 200 mile radius so I have plenty of options to solicit business from. I'm curious what you all think would be a reasonable discount off MSRP and what kind of lease payment I could get with total out-of-pocket around 5 to 7000. I can apply that money towards fees and costs. I know it's not preferable to do A big cap cost reduction - but my goal is to be as close to 800 bucks a month as I can I'm curious with a 12,000 a year lease if that's doable?

I've started emailing local dealers but I've not had anyone hit me up yet with a firm lease offer.

Thx!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 08:49 PM   #15
hoyas490
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23109VC View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I'm in the market for a new M550 lease in Southern California. There are literally 10 BMW dealerships within a 200 mile radius so I have plenty of options to solicit business from. I'm curious what you all think would be a reasonable discount off MSRP and what kind of lease payment I could get with total out-of-pocket around 5 to 7000. I can apply that money towards fees and costs. I know it's not preferable to do A big cap cost reduction - but my goal is to be as close to 800 bucks a month as I can I'm curious with a 12,000 a year lease if that's doable?

I've started emailing local dealers but I've not had anyone hit me up yet with a firm lease offer.

Thx!
Scroll up a few posts and you'll see my deal. $809 on a 36/10,000 with no cap cost. Just NY state taxes and fees DAS.

10% discount before incentives/rebates is easily achievable with a broker. I'd say 8-9% should be achievable without a broker.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 01:32 AM   #16
23109VC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thx!
Scroll up a few posts and you'll see my deal. $809 on a 36/10,000 with no cap cost. Just NY state taxes and fees DAS.

10% discount before incentives/rebates is easily achievable with a broker. I'd say 8-9% should be achievable without a broker.
Do you pay the sales tax all at once upfront in NY??

here in California we don't pay any sales tax at the time you lease it they charge you sales tax on top of the lease payment on a month-to-month basis.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 09:08 AM   #17
hoyas490
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thx!

Do you pay the sales tax all at once upfront in NY??

here in California we don't pay any sales tax at the time you lease it they charge you sales tax on top of the lease payment on a month-to-month basis.
Yeah, in NY you pay sales tax upfront - though you have the option of rolling that into your payments to pay less at sign. For my county (combo of state and county sales tax here in NY) I had to pay 8.625% sales tax. But, the sales tax is only paid on the total lease payments - not the whole price of the car etc.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 10:00 AM   #18
DNYC1919
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 540ix

Garage List
2021 540IX  [0.00]
It's sucks you can't do MSDS in ny.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 02:43 AM   #19
ReadyToParty
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M550i

Mine is a 2020 but I scored it last May for <$750 with $1500 out.
I have pretty close friends that own leasing companies in Brooklyn and Staten Island. I can have them run numbers for you if you want.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2021, 08:30 PM   #20
35mphgolf
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘18 Macan Turbo

Quote:
There any drawbacks to working with a broker? If they give better deals, why don’t most people go through one?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2021, 04:06 AM   #21
WarReady
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 550ix M-SPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35mphgolf View Post
Quote:
There any drawbacks to working with a broker? If they give better deals, why don't most people go through one?
Quote:
Quote:
There any drawbacks to working with a broker? If they give better deals, why don't most people go through one?
I've herd that some dealers won't give u a loaner when u go in for service or even em want to help u....
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2021, 09:52 AM   #22
hoyas490
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Because most people don't like the idea of paying someone to do that work themselves, or they've found shady brokers that aren't any good. With forums and stuff now like Leasehackr, most shady brokers get called out. I'd highly recommend thoroughly researching them before you pay them any $.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarReady View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I've herd that some dealers won't give u a loaner when u go in for service or even em want to help u....
That can certainly be the case, but that's the sign of a shitty dealer or shitty service department. I've been lucky with my local service guy who told me to give him the VIN once my order was in and he'd label it on their system as my car immediately as he wanted to keep my service business even though their sales team fucked up and I bought elsewhere.

Who knows how much of that is BS or not, but this service advisor is great and hell, I already drive an extra 30 min each way to get service from him. I'd follow him to a different bmw dealership too.

So I guess it's more about which service advisor you get and not as much the dealership itself
Appreciate 1