BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Bimmercode/Carplay/Full screen

07-19-2023, 06:30 AM   #1
guaranacgn
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d

Bimmercode/Carplay/Full screen

Hello guys!

I have a question regarding my carplay setup. I had carplay activated with an USB before and unfortunately I had to get software update due to a recall campaign. BMW had managed to restore everything and after that I had legally activated carplay through connected drive. Now I would like to activate full screen mode through bimmercode, but I cannot even access my headunit.
Does anyone know about this issue? And is there an easy way to do something about this? I have NBTevo_Y, so it should be working.
Thanks for your help!
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2023, 09:34 AM   #2
NancyDrew
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 530i

Yes, you can make CarPlay full screen.

I was able to do it last week using vGate's vlinker BM+ OBD2 and Bimmercode app, literally took 5 minutes. My car is 2019 530i xDrive and NBTevo_Y21432J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guaranacgn View Post
Hello guys!

I have a question regarding my carplay setup. I had carplay activated with an USB before and unfortunately I had to get software update due to a recall campaign. BMW had managed to restore everything and after that I had legally activated carplay through connected drive. Now I would like to activate full screen mode through bimmercode, but I cannot even access my headunit.
Does anyone know about this issue? And is there an easy way to do something about this? I have NBTevo_Y, so it should be working.
Thanks for your help!
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2023, 03:26 PM   #3
guaranacgn
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d

Unfortunately it did not work with Bimmercode. I am not able to access the headunit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyDrew View Post
I was able to do it last week using vGate's vlinker BM+ OBD2 and Bimmercode app, literally took 5 minutes. My car is 2019 530i xDrive and NBTevo_Y21432J.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2023, 10:27 PM   #4
jonesy16
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 530E xDrive, 2021 45e xD

Garage List
I'm having the same issue after the latest BMW software flash that the dealer did without my request during a service update. Not complaining about BMW, but apparently it's a compatibility issue with Bimmercode, hopefully they can fix it because I miss fullscreen CarPlay. I've submitted a service request through Bimmercode ....
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2023, 07:06 AM   #5
TheNine90
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy16 View Post
I'm having the same issue after the latest BMW software flash that the dealer did without my request during a service update. Not complaining about BMW, but apparently it's a compatibility issue with Bimmercode, hopefully they can fix it because I miss fullscreen CarPlay. I've submitted a service request through Bimmercode ....
If you have ENET cable I can code it remotely.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2023, 05:01 AM   #6
WojCar
Poland
Rep
Drives: BMW G05, G30, F11

Quote:
Originally Posted by guaranacgn View Post
Unfortunately it did not work with Bimmercode. I am not able to access the headunit.
If was added patch then bimmercode cant see HU NBT2, use esys. Bimmercode is limited
Appreciate 0