BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Screen mirroring issue - BMW5 2022/2023

08-01-2023, 07:00 AM   #1
erorodic
Rep
Drives: BMW 5

Screen mirroring issue - BMW5 2022/2023

Hi guys,
I have new id7 and bimmercode read different items under Headunit modul from previously one BMW3 and id6.
I read 3000, 3001, 3002 etc, and only under 3001_ Connectivity_A4A I found similar items like MIRACAST and WLAN. I activated everything where is written WLAN, like signal , domain, channel... I also activated under 3004 System configuration item called Mirroring.
I see now on my iDrive7 menu "screen mirroring" (refer to pics) and when I click on it on display I see : Miracast connect your mobile with bmw56473, I open on my Samsung "screen view" it founds screen mirroring bmw56473, but when I would like to pair them, I can't get last request on iDrive7 to connect with question "would you like to connect yes/no".
So everything works good until last step when I need to connect Samsung mobile with Miracast screen mirroring in iDrive7 to make screen mirroring connected.

Thank you in advance
Ero

Does anyone of you had similar issue?

As I said, it works perfect with my old BMW car and iDrive6 when I entered items for Video in motion and Screen mirroring (I found it on forum) but with iDrive7, probably I forgot to activate some parameter with bimmercode (expert menu) and don't know which one in Headunit option I have to active more to be able to finally connect Samduns mobile and screen to id7
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-06-2023, 04:13 PM   #2
boschportell
Rep
Drives: G30 545e

I have the same problem but I don't have the solution.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2024, 10:59 PM   #3
MikeHoncho47
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90

Any updates? Currently experiencing similar situation. Was able to activate the miracast menu under add device, which then states to access from device. Device sees the BMW and attempts to connect before timing out with a notification to restart the tv and try again. Tried with both a flip5 and s24, same result car doesn’t respond.
Appreciate 0