BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Carplay issues with sound cutting out

10-15-2021, 08:15 AM   #23
blewcheese
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 540i xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
What part isn’t true? It is very true that cars without CarPlay on the sticker as either present or “preparation” for it lack the antenna… Search for forum for details. My MY2020 car had it as CarPlay is standard on the car…

I didn’t suggest that it was the only cause of this issue. It could be caused by interference, but the post I responded to specifically cited working in the cup holder and not on the passenger seat which aligns with a missing or faulty antenna…

Are you having the same issue where it works in your cup holder, but not in your passenger seat? Have you had BMW replace the antenna or have you diagnosed the issue with another iOS device or updating to the latest version?
For me, with everything from the factory, I experience drop outs and it really doesn't matter the location of the device. Coincidentally I use a cupholder mount for my iPhone so it IS in the best location already. Fortunately, it's not a big deal, as it doesn't happen often enough for me to care about it.
      10-15-2021, 08:42 AM   #24
LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blewcheese View Post
For me, with everything from the factory, I experience drop outs and it really doesn't matter the location of the device. Coincidentally I use a cupholder mount for my iPhone so it IS in the best location already. Fortunately, it's not a big deal, as it doesn't happen often enough for me to care about it.
Have you had the dealer address it under warranty?

Since you have a year 1 car it is possible they didn’t properly install the antenna, but it could be something else as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 02:11 PM   #25
blewcheese
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 540i xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
Have you had the dealer address it under warranty?

Since you have a year 1 car it is possible they didn’t properly install the antenna, but it could be something else as well.
It doesn't happen that often, like literally 90% of the time I'm good. It happens on Spotify and Youtube Music so it's not app specific either. It could possibly be due to my iPhone X being older now.