BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions G30 520D SE ordered - one question!

02-02-2017, 09:51 AM   #89
spoo1982
Registered
Rep
Drives: G11 740d xDrive (lci)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckyarla View Post
I'm coming back to BMW after a few years with Merc/Audi/Jag and Lexus. I have ordered a 520D SE with the following extra spec:

Alpine White/Cognac interior with brushed aluminium trim
Standard 10 spoke 17'' rims with non-runflat tyres (don't look great but best for ride round these parts)
Heated steering wheel
Reverse camera
LED foglights front
High-beam assist
Active cruise control with stop and go
Harman Kardon
5 year service pack

As standard it has the Professional Nav/Ambient lighting/Heated seats front/DAB

Total cost is €53,472 including delivery etc and a €4,000 BMW discount. I'm not willing to spend any more money but am toying with the idea of dropping the front fogs, the reverse camera and the heated steering wheel and getting metallic paint (maybe Bluestone or Sophisto) instead. I'd rather hold on to those bits of equipment but am a bit worried that an Alpine White SE with small wheels will look like crap. Any opinions???
Cheers.
Cool. I've just ordered a 520d but the xDrive rather than the SE. Really hoping to beat the huge tax rise due on April 1st! Difference between £30 and £450. :S
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 06:19 PM   #90
Wonderbug
Registered
Ireland
Rep
Drives: bmw F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMY View Post
Yes please, do give us a hint as to where the best deal might be had, I'm keen to pull the trigger on a 530d MSport but am crying at the thought of a two year old car with normal mileage losing at least €40k (not that I paid the original list price). Has anyone in Ireland heard whether the BMW contribution if registered by end of March will be extended? I don't see how they can increase price by €5000 on 01 April .... Or is that date a clue??!!!
A dealer in Kildare...
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 02:42 AM   #91
MMY
Second Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: G30 530d M Sport Med Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderbug View Post
G30 ordered now, Bluestone with ivory interior. Coming from Titanium silver 2011 f10 with comfort access, folding mirrors, split rear seats (used once) surround cameras and professional sat. nav with the hard disk option ( great for ripping all my cds to the car) . Anyway, for the G30 went for 18" alloys - run flats, not a lover of run flats and expensive to replace) ..comfort access, gesture control (have to have one gimmick), auto-parking option, high beam assist.., was looking for apple play but was dropped from the Irish BMW configurator but still available on UK version . delivery mid-march so I'm told.... On trade in, was offered 2500 Euro more by one BMW dealer so they got the deal.. so was worth shopping around...
So far a €7000 (yes you read that correctly) difference in values being given as trade in by dealers, but still not at a level that would make sense to change!
Appreciate 0