BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Steering Wheels!

10-12-2017, 04:34 AM   #67
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

or could you ring BMW UK direct and complain that are not getting any updates. If you have your VIN they I assume would be able to give you info either way I am sure. state that the dealer does not appear to be doing enough.

I would also confirm in your mind what you want out of this, a new wheel or compensation (how much???) or other.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 04:58 AM   #68
ADS-UK
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 - 530d M Sport

Garage List
Honestly I?m surprised you haven?t been in touch with BMW UK. It?s a pretty simple form on the website to get things moving. I?ve had pretty good experience in going to them as I?ve said before.

Unfortunately the longer you leave it, strength of your case diminishes to some extent. Really hope you?ll get it sorted soon.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 06:49 AM   #69
nsa100
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 540i & G30 540i M Sport

OK I contacted BMW Customer Services and lodged a complaint. They said they will chase the dealer but they cannot do anything...I must contact the dealer !

Maybe I am too nice....?
Appreciate 1
ADS-UK498.50
      10-12-2017, 11:02 AM   #70
AP
Major General
Rep

perhaps!
as I put earlier my suggestion is to agree in your head what it is you want and state to dealer / BMW that so everyone is aware of where you stand and what you want.

Really surprised how long this is taking as they should be able to very quickly confirm with yhe factory what should be on there and along with a photo of your car confirm if this was a mistake at build time or a deliberate action for whatever reason and then once confirmed action what you want.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 11:07 AM   #71
ADS-UK
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsa100 View Post
OK I contacted BMW Customer Services and lodged a complaint. They said they will chase the dealer but they cannot do anything...I must contact the dealer !

Maybe I am too nice....?
I think you are a nice guy. Admirable quality but the dealer clearly doesn?t give a shit. Once they get back in touch with you post the BMW push, I?d ask to speak to the GM/Managing Director of the dealership. Sometimes that?s the only fair way to get an result. When you do, best have an idea of what you want as AP suggested.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 11:47 AM   #72
nsa100
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

30mins after calling BMW UK my dealer call me to say "we have BMW UK 'on the ropes' they have admitted they have made a mistake...blah....blah"

I did not let on that I had called BMW UK beforehand. (Maybe it was just coincidence)

Anyway The dealer asked me if I wanted to keep the wheel installed with some compensation or something .......I said I want the wheel changing to the M Sport Wheel as it should AND I want some form of compensation!

Or I told him I want to reject the car......he went quiet

He said he would call me back before the end of the day....it is now 17.47 and still waiting.
Appreciate 2
ADS-UK498.50
en1gma200.00
      10-12-2017, 01:30 PM   #73
ADS-UK
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
30mins after calling BMW UK my dealer call me to say "we have BMW UK 'on the ropes' they have admitted they have made a mistake...blah....blah"

I did not let on that I had called BMW UK beforehand. (Maybe it was just coincidence)

Anyway The dealer asked me if I wanted to keep the wheel installed with some compensation or something .......I said I want the wheel changing to the M Sport Wheel as it should AND I want some form of compensation!

He said he would call me back before the end of the day....it is now 17.47 and still waiting.
Excellent. That is a result. Hope they?ll compensate you adequately for messing you about.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 05:04 PM   #74
en1gma
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G03 X3

Quote:

That's more like it... (from BMW)

Keep strong!
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2017, 04:16 AM   #75
nsa100
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Honestly speaking I am happy if they just change the wheel. I am not really into this compensation culture......but it does annoy me about the lack of communication. Again he did not call me back yesterday as promised
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2017, 04:24 AM   #76
ADS-UK
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Honestly speaking I am happy if they just change the wheel. I am not really into this compensation culture......but it does annoy me about the lack of communication. Again he did not call me back yesterday as promised
I actually don?t think of it as compensation culture. It?s more about how do you make sure they won?t mess someone else around. Once anyone parts with their cash, more often than not they?ll learn the lesson. If you don?t want anything, ask them to give it to charity of your choice
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2017, 04:51 AM   #77
AP
Major General
Rep

nice idea
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2017, 05:10 AM   #78
nsa100
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADS-UK View Post
I actually don?t think of it as compensation culture. It?s more about how do you make sure they won?t mess someone else around. Once anyone parts with their cash, more often than not they?ll learn the lesson. If you don?t want anything, ask them to give it to charity of your choice
No your right and that is my main motivation for asking compensation....is that they need to learn they must respect the customer before and AFTER the sale.

It is a first world problem having the wrong steering wheel fitted, but this dealer/salesman is flippant with situation. As I said before he told me please give me 5 stars in the BMW Survey........

Well give me a 5 Star service then!
Appreciate 2
ADS-UK498.50
en1gma200.00
      10-13-2017, 06:49 AM   #79
mobilejo
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G06 X6 40i

Quote:

It is a first world problem having the wrong steering wheel fitted,
You are right there, but they make their living from the fact that we can afford these first world cars, and pay first world prices. They sell a 'luxury' item for a 'luxury' item price at the end of the day and therefore, in the context of that, fitting the wrong parts IS a big deal.

As said before, stay strong!
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2017, 09:50 AM   #80
Laki021
Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive

The only problem here is the behavior of the dealer. I can guaranty that my dealer would solve such an issue same second, no way they would let me exit the garage without resolving the issue.

That said, mistakes are common thing, and the more you work and the more complex product you make is, chances are higher that there will be some issues. So in general, I don't mind if there are some issues here and there as long as they are ready to resolve them without hassle.

This one is even funny, putting a completely wrong steering wheel in the car Would be even funnier to get it with a st wheel from e.g. series 1
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2017, 10:54 AM   #81
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki021 View Post
The only problem here is the behavior of the dealer. I can guaranty that my dealer would solve such an issue same second, no way they would let me exit the garage without resolving the issue.

That said, mistakes are common thing, and the more you work and the more complex product you make is, chances are higher that there will be some issues. So in general, I don't mind if there are some issues here and there as long as they are ready to resolve them without hassle.

This one is even funny, putting a completely wrong steering wheel in the car Would be even funnier to get it with a st wheel from e.g. series 1
+1. I can't imagine my dealer not getting right on it.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 08:50 AM   #82
nsa100
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Update: Chased salesman/dealer again....He was very upset with me that I had not given 5 stars or whatever in the BMW survey from buying the car. I told him why I felt I had not received what I consider a good service.

He says they are still looking into why my car has the wrong wheel and who is at fault. He says to get the ball rolling his manager looked into the cost of changing the wheel to the correct M Sport wheel. He told me it would be £3-4K as the car needed coding etc......

I am sure this is bullshit.

I told them I am not interested who's fault it is and to get it sorted by the end of this week otherwise I will reject the car!

Really getting pi$$ed off now....being bounced between dealer and BMW UK.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 08:54 AM   #83
mobilejo
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
He was very upset with me that I had not given 5 stars or whatever in the BMW survey from buying the car.
That is a total effing cheek! They're running round in circles talking about 'blame' while you still have the wrongly installed part on your car and then has the nerve to ask why you haven't awarded 5 stars???

I'm getting angry on your behalf mate.

I don't know if you have already named the dealer but this beyond funny and if I were you I would be considering naming them on the forum at this point. They sound like one to be avoided.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 09:08 AM   #84
nsa100
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilejo View Post
That is a total effing cheek! They're running round in circles talking about 'blame' while you still have the wrongly installed part on your car and then has the nerve to ask why you haven't awarded 5 stars???

I'm getting angry on your behalf mate.

I don't know if you have already named the dealer but this beyond funny and if I were you I would be considering naming them on the forum at this point. They sound like one to be avoided.
I have held off naming the dealer at this stage. They have lost the sale of 2 cars in the past from me by them not getting back to me. I always give people the benefit of doubt, but after the attitude of the salesman (who have I have known for 6 years) today being off with me because I didn't give him 5 stars I have had enough.

In the meantime I have spoken with BMW UK again and they say they HAVE given approval for the replacement wheel, they are just waiting for info from the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 09:26 AM   #85
mobilejo
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

In the meantime I have spoken with BMW UK again and they say they HAVE given approval for the replacement wheel,
At least thats a result
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 05:06 PM   #86
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep
Drives: 23 i7,23 iX,24 Silverado

Quote:
I have held off naming the dealer at this stage. They have lost the sale of 2 cars in the past from me by them not getting back to me. I always give people the benefit of doubt, but after the attitude of the salesman (who have I have known for 6 years) today being off with me because I didn't give him 5 stars I have had enough.

In the meantime I have spoken with BMW UK again and they say they HAVE given approval for the replacement wheel, they are just waiting for info from the dealer.
What assholes
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2017, 03:23 AM   #87
en1gma
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G03 X3

Mistakes happen all the time. It's how you deal with them that matters...

The dealer here is not looking good!

And if the sales Rep has known you all these years and still is this unprofessional... well, I wouldn't want to give them any more business!
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2017, 03:42 AM   #88
morellomax
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440i xDrive convertible

You're doing great. Firm but polite.

I get particularly annoyed when my contact point in a large organisation tries to drag me into internal arguments about whose fault it is within the organisation. County court judges don't have much time for it either
Appreciate 0