BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis Dinan Springs on G30 M550

11-25-2019, 11:51 AM   #1
cmargosi
Rep
Drives: 19 M550, 24 X5 M60 ordered

Dinan Springs on G30 M550

Anyone out there running the Dinan lowering springs and bump stops? I'm looking for a real world review in an area with rougher roads (I live in Illinois). I'd like to eliminate some of the body roll inherent to the car, but avoid having a teeth rattling ride. Would like some feedback, as I use this car as a daily driver and don't want to make it uncomfortable.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 10:07 PM   #2
Superjackson
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M550i

It won't make as much of a difference in terms of comfort as softer/stiffer same size tires would. If your car is comfortable right now, it will still be comfortable after lowering springs.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 01:00 PM   #3
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435xi, M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmargosi View Post
Anyone out there running the Dinan lowering springs and bump stops? I'm looking for a real world review in an area with rougher roads (I live in Illinois). I'd like to eliminate some of the body roll inherent to the car, but avoid having a teeth rattling ride. Would like some feedback, as I use this car as a daily driver and don't want to make it uncomfortable.
I am running that full setup. It's improved the look for sure. Also, the handling is much better. Pretty close to stock ride. I am happy with it
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2019, 08:31 PM   #4
stk24178
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5MC DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmargosi View Post
I'm running that setup. A good balance of improved handling, comfortable ride, and slightly more aggressive look.
Appreciate 0