BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Firearms

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-14-2020, 04:48 PM   #3785
adc100
Lieutenant Colonel
1657
Rep
1,963
Posts

Drives: 2018 Forester XT
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Elizabethtown PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmr View Post
And that is the ultimate answer. When called to protect, I want the very best tools at my disposal.
We agree there
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 04:19 AM   #3786
M5theonlyone
Colonel
United Kingdom
2490
Rep
2,931
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Just got a new semi auto rifle for the 'range' after completing the long reg process.
Appreciate 1
Salty Dog3497.00

      02-15-2020, 05:51 PM   #3787
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
N54Yankee's Avatar
United_States
2179
Rep
1,577
Posts

Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Just got a new semi auto rifle for the 'range' after completing the long reg process.
Oh good a guessing game. semi auto, Brit, I’m going to go with.........L1A1
__________________
__________________
"The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 1
Salty Dog3497.00

      02-16-2020, 08:06 AM   #3788
M5theonlyone
Colonel
United Kingdom
2490
Rep
2,931
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
Oh good a guessing game. semi auto, Brit, I’m going to go with.........L1A1
No kidding, S&W MP15 22, anything above 22 only bolt action allowed.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2020, 10:11 PM   #3789
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
N54Yankee's Avatar
United_States
2179
Rep
1,577
Posts

Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
No kidding, S&W MP15 22, anything above 22 only bolt action allowed.
That kind of sucks but the M&P .22 is a fun carbine non the less. Enjoy.
__________________
__________________
"The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 1
Rmtt3559.50

      02-17-2020, 05:40 AM   #3790
M5theonlyone
Colonel
United Kingdom
2490
Rep
2,931
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
That kind of sucks but the M&P .22 is a fun carbine non the less. Enjoy.
sucks? You should try a carbine yourself mate,be more accurate over a distance than a hand held..shaky shaky
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 10:56 AM   #3791
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
N54Yankee's Avatar
United_States
2179
Rep
1,577
Posts

Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
sucks? You should try a carbine yourself mate,be more accurate over a distance than a hand held..shaky shaky
I love carbines. I have two USGI M1 Carbines( Saginaw, NPM), Marlin 336c and a Ruger 10/22. I said sucks in reference to not being allowed to own a centerfire battle rifle. Unfortunately many in our govt and populace are trying to do the same here.
__________________
__________________
"The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 02:59 PM   #3792
KennyFSU
Private First Class
312
Rep
177
Posts

Drives: M235i
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Range day!

__________________
Past: E36M3
Present: M235xi/12.9 @ 105 (BMS intake)
Appreciate 6
      02-17-2020, 03:10 PM   #3793
unluky
Captain
unluky's Avatar
412
Rep
875
Posts

Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Sedalia, MO

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyFSU View Post
Range day!

Nice - I have a P365SAS on order that shows it will be delivered tomorrow. I have wanted one since they were introduced but they kept tempting me with new deals and new colors. When I saw the SAS though - I knew my wait
was over. LOL

I hope I enjoy it. Looking for something smaller than my 320 and larger than my LCP - I think it fit the bill.
__________________
2015 X5 XDrive 35i - 2004 Z4 3.0 Sport
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 03:31 PM   #3794
M5theonlyone
Colonel
United Kingdom
2490
Rep
2,931
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
I love carbines. I have two USGI M1 Carbines( Saginaw, NPM), Marlin 336c and a Ruger 10/22. I said sucks in reference to not being allowed to own a centerfire battle rifle. Unfortunately many in our govt and populace are trying to do the same here.
I see now there's nothing better I'd like than to own than an original AK-47,(but can't here) Probably the deadliest s/a that's caused more casualties good or bad than any other in the meantime I'll enjoy my 25 shot S&W and you your Marlin and Ruger. Had to install a metal cabinet to hold it with only me handling the key.
Appreciate 2
N54Yankee2179.00
Rmtt3559.50

      02-17-2020, 03:35 PM   #3795
Salty Dog
Captain
Salty Dog's Avatar
3497
Rep
886
Posts

Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
I see now there's nothing better I'd like than to own than an original AK-47,(but can't here) Probably the deadliest s/a that's caused more casualties good or bad than any other in the meantime I'll enjoy my 25 shot S&W and you your Marlin and Ruger. Had to install a metal cabinet to hold it with only me handling the key.
Same in Canuckistan. I keep the safe in the whisk(e)y room near my humidor, we all it Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.
Appreciate 2
      02-18-2020, 02:54 PM   #3796
M5theonlyone
Colonel
United Kingdom
2490
Rep
2,931
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
Same in Canuckistan. I keep the safe in the whisk(e)y room near my humidor, we all it Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.
The ATF room Would love to carry the S&W in my car on a special rack if I could like they do in Texas.
Appreciate 1
Salty Dog3497.00

      02-19-2020, 03:39 PM   #3797
Patrick303
Lieutenant
Patrick303's Avatar
United_States
243
Rep
458
Posts

Drives: F36 440i GC
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Denver, CO

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Send a message via MSN to Patrick303
Made a few changes to the Shockwave. Removed the birds eye grip and added a TacStar adapter and SBA3 brace. Much easier to shoot this way and didn't add much overall length when collapsed.

Before:


After:
__________________
2017 440i xDrive Gran Coupe M Sport
2017 Ducati Monster 821
Appreciate 4
      02-19-2020, 03:41 PM   #3798
andrewmr
Private First Class
164
Rep
133
Posts

Drives: 2013 335
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bucks County PA.

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
So.... you took a pistol grip firearm and added a collapsible stock to it making it a shoulder mountable shotgun.......

Last edited by andrewmr; 02-19-2020 at 03:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 03:52 PM   #3799
Shiza
Captain
Shiza's Avatar
711
Rep
796
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmr View Post
So.... you took a pistol grip firearm and added a collapsible stock to it making it shoulder mountable.......
No, he added a pistol brace
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 03:54 PM   #3800
iqraceworks
Major
iqraceworks's Avatar
278
Rep
1,084
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Missouri

iTrader: (0)

Yep, I'm big into guns. I have a safe full of AR's, nice precision bolt .308 rifles, a couple tactical and hunting ahotfuns, and pistols. I've had to force myself to stop buying guns...and start buying more mags, ammo, and reloading supplies.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 03:57 PM   #3801
iqraceworks
Major
iqraceworks's Avatar
278
Rep
1,084
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Missouri

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
No, he added a pistol brace
Isn't that shockwave technically an AOW.."any other weapon" as far as the ATF is concerned? Adding a pistol brace to one might not be legal.....but some of that ATF stuff is damn near impossible to figure out...and makes no sense.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 04:02 PM   #3802
andrewmr
Private First Class
164
Rep
133
Posts

Drives: 2013 335
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bucks County PA.

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by iqraceworks View Post
Isn't that shockwave technically an AOW.."any other weapon" as far as the ATF is concerned? Adding a pistol brace to one might not be legal.....but some of that ATF stuff is damn near impossible to figure out...and makes no sense.

This.

If the OP is aware of what he has done, then I'm out. I just wanted him to know he "may" be in violation of a federal law.

To me, it's not worth the risk and I will gladly pay the $200 tax stamp. Then you don't have to worry.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 04:03 PM   #3803
EJT86
Brigadier General
EJT86's Avatar
2090
Rep
3,521
Posts

Drives: 2011 M3 DCT
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (0)

Got my light back from being cerakoted
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 4
      02-19-2020, 04:07 PM   #3804
ky0u
Private First Class
ky0u's Avatar
United_States
75
Rep
106
Posts

Drives: 2007 e92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJT86 View Post
Got my light back from being cerakoted
So jealous, I would have loved to get a 320 but they aren't allowed in good ol' California
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 06:19 PM   #3805
EJT86
Brigadier General
EJT86's Avatar
2090
Rep
3,521
Posts

Drives: 2011 M3 DCT
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ky0u View Post
So jealous, I would have loved to get a 320 but they aren't allowed in good ol' California
I feel some of your pain, living in MA and seeing all the cool stuff on this thread smh.MA is bad but CA is just ridiculous
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 06:31 PM   #3806
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
PINeely's Avatar
United_States
1004
Rep
1,898
Posts

Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmr View Post
This.

If the OP is aware of what he has done, then I'm out. I just wanted him to know he "may" be in violation of a federal law.

To me, it's not worth the risk and I will gladly pay the $200 tax stamp. Then you don't have to worry.
The ATF has ruled on this one:

Quote:
“To the extent the January 2015 Open Letter implied or has been construed to hold that incidental, sporadic, or situational ‘use’ of an arm-brace (in its original approved configuration) equipped firearm from a firing position at or near the shoulder was sufficient to constitute a ‘redesign,’ such interpretations are incorrect and not consistent with ATF’s interpretation of the statute or the manner in which it has historically been enforced.”
In other words, shouldering a pistol grip firearm fitted with a pistol brace, but not a collapsible buttstock, is perfectly fine.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:08 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST