BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Driving Assistant Plus - Lane Change Assistant

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-08-2018, 05:26 AM   #1
FPLeitao
New Member
Belgium
5
Rep
14
Posts

Drives: BMW G30 530d
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Driving Assistant Plus - Lane Change Assistant

For those of you who specked the Driving Assistant Plus, is the Lane Change Assistant working?

After several visits to the dealer, I can't get mine to work at all.
Thank you for any feedback on this.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2018, 11:33 AM   #2
ADS-UK
Captain
ADS-UK's Avatar
United Kingdom
460
Rep
988
Posts

Drives: G30 - 530d M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPLeitao View Post
For those of you who specked the Driving Assistant Plus, is the Lane Change Assistant working?

After several visits to the dealer, I can't get mine to work at all.
Thank you for any feedback on this.
Works fine for me. It seems like Lane Change Assist is disabled in some countries. Yours might be one of them.
Appreciate 1
      02-08-2018, 11:43 AM   #3
AP
Colonel
AP's Avatar
695
Rep
2,748
Posts

Drives: G30 540i X Msport
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Depends upon where the car is sold.
Uk ok from July 17 builds onwards
We know from others here that it is not enabled in Sweden.
What country are you in and what is the build date of the car.
Appreciate 1
      02-14-2018, 01:13 PM   #4
FPLeitao
New Member
Belgium
5
Rep
14
Posts

Drives: BMW G30 530d
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Thank you guys.
Actualy I bought the car in the UK, although I'm currently living in Belgium.
I got the car on the first week of July 2017. Not sure how to know when it was built.
Could it be possible that the limitation has to do with the country in which the car is registred via BMW Connected Drive?
Appreciate 1
      02-14-2018, 11:37 PM   #5
AP
Colonel
AP's Avatar
695
Rep
2,748
Posts

Drives: G30 540i X Msport
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

If you picked up the car then that suggests it was built perhaps late June in which case it won't have it enabled.
Build date I think is on the bottom of the b pillar .

I know this as I asked the bmw genius and he confirmed that , my car was built the second week that it was enabled so I just got it.

It's really a bit of fun and nothing necessary as it's arguably easier to change lanes your self.
Appreciate 1
      02-19-2018, 02:39 AM   #6
FPLeitao
New Member
Belgium
5
Rep
14
Posts

Drives: BMW G30 530d
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Thank you AP.

At the dealer nobody is able to give me an answer on that, anyway.
I agree with you, on not being necessary to have the function enabled, and I will just forget about it.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2018, 12:52 AM   #7
AP
Colonel
AP's Avatar
695
Rep
2,748
Posts

Drives: G30 540i X Msport
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

I asked the bmw genius on the website about it and he managed to get that info. It was also in the bmw press website that's list amongst other things changes to models which I think bmw do twice a year which presumably means another lot coming soon for 2018models, wonder what changes there will be?
Appreciate 1
      04-13-2018, 01:08 PM   #8
Simpaty
Private
12
Rep
74
Posts

Drives: Bmw 320d sedan F30
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

I found it, I coded it and it works great.
If interested, PM me.

Requirement are:

- G series Car
- 5AT option
- Section on your car manual saying that car is capable to do it



Case closed.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2018, 05:32 AM   #9
Almaretto
Major General
Almaretto's Avatar
United_States
1922
Rep
7,785
Posts

Drives: Test Vehicles
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mountain View, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpaty View Post
- Section on your car manual saying that car is capable to do it
How did you determine this? Couldn't software just be updated &/or production date be changed to meet requirements?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2018, 05:43 PM   #10
Simpaty
Private
12
Rep
74
Posts

Drives: Bmw 320d sedan F30
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
How did you determine this? Couldn't software just be updated &/or production date be changed to meet requirements?
If it is written n the manual it means 100% that car hardware is capable to do it. And if that's the case, coding like I did will enable Lane Change Assist.
However, it is possible also what you say, that with updating I-STEP this can also be enabled by coding. However this is not 100% certain because no one can guarantee that hardware is actually there to perform this.

For your reference, my I-STEP is S15A-17-07-502 and I have a G01 with 5AT.
I could enable LCA by coding (legal restriction in most European countries).
Appreciate 1
Almaretto1922.00

      04-16-2018, 02:45 AM   #11
Simpaty
Private
12
Rep
74
Posts

Drives: Bmw 320d sedan F30
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Guys,

I thought I could handle some PM's, but among all forums I am submerged with messages.
I wanted to control the way this is coded for many reasons:

1. You messing up your car.
2. Did not want people to make profit with this on their "Coding Catalogue", which I saw floating around. I have spent almost 3 full weeks browsing my CAFD files, convinced that the solution was in there.

So here is the solution:

Requirements:

- G series Car
- 5AT option
- Section on your car manual saying that car is capable to do it. To be more precise, this section is soon after the Lane Keep Assist section, and it looks like this:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachm...1522905464

CODING :
C:\Data\CAF\CAFD_00001C7A_002_240_003.ncd
SAS10
C_SWA_Vorhanden -> True

C:\Data\CAF\CAFD_00001EF6_006_028_018.ncd
HU_NBT_EVO
Spurwechselassistent -> Aktiv

Good luck, and I hope it works out for you like it did for me and my G01 with I-STEP S15A-17-02-502:I also would like to thank the editor of this youtube video (Ber T), because I found some leads just by looking at it.

Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 09:40 AM   #12
echodelta
Registered
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: G31 530i M-sports
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Hi all, my car (G31 530i) had driving assistance plus from factory.
But I still would be very much interested in coding possibilities regarding the time you can take your hands of the steering wheel.
At this moment it is very limited, something like 5-6 seconds maximum.
Any ideas where to find this setting?
BR
Erik
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 01:37 PM   #13
clee1982
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
649
Rep
1,527
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW 540i xDrive
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I doubt you can change that, BMW is still only Level 2 autonomous any way, so even if you can code it I wouldn't recommend it
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 04:20 PM   #14
Almaretto
Major General
Almaretto's Avatar
United_States
1922
Rep
7,785
Posts

Drives: Test Vehicles
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mountain View, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by echodelta View Post
Hi all, my car (G31 530i) had driving assistance plus from factory.
But I still would be very much interested in coding possibilities regarding the time you can take your hands of the steering wheel.
At this moment it is very limited, something like 5-6 seconds maximum.
Any ideas where to find this setting?
BR
Erik
You could always move to different market where you are not required to keep hands on the wheel.
Appreciate 1
ADS-UK460.00

      01-31-2020, 07:20 PM   #15
chrisfox75
New Member
0
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW 540i xDrive
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Pennsylvania

iTrader: (0)

Tried this today on my 2019 m550i and did not work, i am going to dig deeper into seeing if there is more then these 2 options to code, i know on the G20 which is a different car there is a whole bunch of options to code to get this to work, and as i saw before my owners manual does have the lane change assist information on page 210 and 211 telling you how to use the feature.

CODING :
C:\Data\CAF\CAFD_00001C7A_002_240_003.ncd
SAS10
C_SWA_Vorhanden -> True

C:\Data\CAF\CAFD_00001EF6_006_028_018.ncd
HU_NBT_EVO
Spurwechselassistent -> Aktiv

Can anyone chime in if they got it to work besides Simpaty and if anyone has more information on it?

Im coding with Esys 3.3.3 and EsysX, coding completed fine and verified the options are indeed changed.

Thanks
Chris
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2020, 08:02 AM   #16
matbl
Second Lieutenant
45
Rep
296
Posts

Drives: G31
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

I believe this may be different depending on if you have an iDrive 6 or 7 G30.
I don't know exactly when in 2019 they switched from 6 to 7. Maybe someone else knows.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2020, 08:49 AM   #17
LogicalApex
First Lieutenant
179
Rep
380
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matbl View Post
I believe this may be different depending on if you have an iDrive 6 or 7 G30.
I don't know exactly when in 2019 they switched from 6 to 7. Maybe someone else knows.
7/1/2019.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2020, 09:15 AM   #18
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
559
Rep
3,306
Posts

Drives: various BMW
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matbl View Post
I believe this may be different depending on if you have an iDrive 6 or 7 G30.
I don't know exactly when in 2019 they switched from 6 to 7. Maybe someone else knows.
7/2019 however DA+ is unchanged for MY20 G30s. It's expected to be changed to DAPro for MY21.
__________________
2017 540i | 2019 X3 | 2019 540i MSport
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2020, 12:20 PM   #19
roxxor
Captain
roxxor's Avatar
525
Rep
732
Posts

Drives: 2019 X3 M40i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Florida

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfox75 View Post
Tried this today on my 2019 m550i and did not work, i am going to dig deeper into seeing if there is more then these 2 options to code, i know on the G20 which is a different car there is a whole bunch of options to code to get this to work, and as i saw before my owners manual does have the lane change assist information on page 210 and 211 telling you how to use the feature.

CODING :
C:\Data\CAF\CAFD_00001C7A_002_240_003.ncd
SAS10
C_SWA_Vorhanden -> True

C:\Data\CAF\CAFD_00001EF6_006_028_018.ncd
HU_NBT_EVO
Spurwechselassistent -> Aktiv

Can anyone chime in if they got it to work besides Simpaty and if anyone has more information on it?

Im coding with Esys 3.3.3 and EsysX, coding completed fine and verified the options are indeed changed.

Thanks
Chris
FWIW, I also tried the same codes, as well as coding the modules as ECE versions on my X3, and I could never get it to work. However, I did not have that section in the owner's manual, and I am surprised that yours does, as I never found anyone in the US who had that section in there for any model.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2020, 01:28 PM   #20
LogicalApex
First Lieutenant
179
Rep
380
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxor View Post
FWIW, I also tried the same codes, as well as coding the modules as ECE versions on my X3, and I could never get it to work. However, I did not have that section in the owner's manual, and I am surprised that yours does, as I never found anyone in the US who had that section in there for any model.
My MY2020 530e manual also says it, but it also mentions Remote Software Upgrades in great detail which are missing too.

Not sure what the story is with the manual and features.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2020, 02:15 PM   #21
roxxor
Captain
roxxor's Avatar
525
Rep
732
Posts

Drives: 2019 X3 M40i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Florida

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
My MY2020 530e manual also says it, but it also mentions Remote Software Upgrades in great detail which are missing too.

Not sure what the story is with the manual and features.
Is that your digital owner's manual, or the paper one? I just picked up my 2020 530e, and while I haven't had a chance to look in the physical book that they gave me, I looked in the digital guide and it isn't there.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2020, 02:47 PM   #22
LogicalApex
First Lieutenant
179
Rep
380
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxor View Post
Is that your digital owner's manual, or the paper one? I just picked up my 2020 530e, and while I haven't had a chance to look in the physical book that they gave me, I looked in the digital guide and it isn't there.
It is in the PDF of the digital guide. I can check the paper manual tomorrow when it isn' raining. I keep the paper manual in the trunk and don't want to get it wet.

I will test the feature out next time I'm on the highway. I thought I had experienced it when I first got the car, but couldn't replicate it and my read of the manual suggests why.

You are supposed to only press the turn signal partially. You also need to have steering assist on and lane markings need to be seen by the car and all that jazz. So I'll test it again and report back. It is quite possible I just thought it was working, but the car doesn't have it.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:19 PM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST