BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Ivanka Trump used personal email for government business

11-20-2018, 11:17 AM   #67
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The0pportunist View Post
LOL

No amount of money will help him when he is impeached and jailed. 2019 it's happening - mark my words.

Also where did you get billionaire from? Is there any proof of this?
Ah yes! From the same crowd speaking of an absolute rout during the 2016 election.

Marked.

Crow dinner shopping starts in about 60 days. Pls let me know your favorite sides before the end of the year and how you like the crow prepared.

Cheers-mk

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 1
      11-20-2018, 01:37 PM   #68
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Ah yes! From the same crowd speaking of an absolute rout during the 2016 election.

Marked.

Crow dinner shopping starts in about 60 days. Pls let me know your favorite sides before the end of the year and how you like the crow prepared.

Cheers-mk
Hey, didn't you/I have a wager about under/over on the impeachment? I'm getting a tad hungry at this point . . . regardless of who won the bet.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer20179.00

11-20-2018, 02:37 PM   #69
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by laszlof View Post
I read that as well, though I'm not sure if it was the "majority", "all", or "some".

It doesn't really matter unless it was "all" of them, TBH. That would be enough to comply with the applicable laws. (the fact it came from a government email account would keep a record of the messages for the archive)
end of the day, once she realized what she was doing was wrong, she turned over all the emails sent/received to that email.

I think if Hillary had done that and hadnt done all that other shady shit with her emails, that would have been a much smaller story than it was.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 1
      11-20-2018, 02:42 PM   #70
detroitm2
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
end of the day, once she realized what she was doing was wrong, she turned over all the emails sent/received to that email.

I think if Hillary had done that and hadnt done all that other shady shit with her emails, that would have been a much smaller story than it was.
Agreed.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2018, 02:43 PM   #71
XutvJet
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235 6MT

Quote:
Ignorance is not a defense, especially when you're at that level of service.
      11-20-2018, 02:51 PM   #72
GiofromNJ
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 X5 x35 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
i'd like to expand upon your ignorance -- she was not at a 'level of service' that was defined - as the article states, she was in discussions with all parties involved as her involvement was not of the 'regular'. therefore, 'level of service' would be hard to determine -- i mean, can you?

at what level of service would you define low enough to need MORE than security briefing?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2018, 02:58 PM   #73
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
If this gives her a label of ignorant then I'm betting you voted for a hammering bleachbit gal in a pantsuit for president.
That was intelligence, right?

11-20-2018, 03:03 PM   #74
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 F150, 19 S5 SB 19 ZL1 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
Still hot.
Appreciate 2
Mingwan1141.50

11-20-2018, 03:09 PM   #75
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Still hot.
i had to make sure you didnt quote a hillary or donald pic

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 2
minn196614.00

11-20-2018, 03:18 PM   #76
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 F150, 19 S5 SB 19 ZL1 1LE

Quote:
i had to make sure you didnt quote a hillary or donald pic
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2018, 04:08 PM   #77
The0pportunist
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
Quote:
LOL

No amount of money will help him when he is impeached and jailed. 2019 it's happening - mark my words.
You really need to brush up on our legal system before spouting off, cause your lack of knowledge makes you come across as downright ignorant.

You do understand that the House of Representatives must first pass, by a simple majority of those present and voting, articles of impeachment, which constitute the formal allegation or allegations. Upon passage, the defendant has been "impeached".

Next, the Senate tries the accused. In the case of the impeachment of a president, the Chief Justice of the United States presides over the proceedings.

To convict an accused, "the concurrence of two thirds of the members present" is required. Conviction removes the defendant from office. Following conviction, the Senate may vote to further punish the individual by barring him or her from holding future federal office, elected or appointed. If there is no charge for which a two-thirds majority of the senators present vote "guilty", the defendant is acquitted and no punishment is imposed.

Now - what do you think the chances are that 2/3 of the Republican held Senate will vote to convict president Trump? Yepo - that would be a zero percent chance.

Also -

Quote:
LOL

Also where did you get billionaire from? Is there any proof of this?
Man - I can keep destroying your ridiculous comments if you want to stay looking like a fool. Up to you. As an FYI, it is best not to tell lies on an internet forum, where everyone can just research your comments and prove them to be false.

https://www.forbes.com/profile/donal.../#5c7695c847bd
Are you saying, even if trump is proved to have committed a very serious crime, the republicans will still not vote against him?

Will republicans protect trump even if he commits treason?

If that's the case I feel sorry for you and anyone that thinks like you. Left or right you should be able to condemn anyone regardless of politician affiliation.

You give it zero% chance on impeachment which is wrong. Here are the odds a major UK bookmaker gives - not great - I.e not impossible as you suggest.

If you have 2 billion worth of assets and 1.5 billion worth of liabilities. Are you still considered a billionaire ?

I'm also going to say his net worth is millions, not billions.

Let's see who right when it all comes out shall we
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-20-2018, 04:28 PM   #78
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

^
3:1 he will resign?

Where'd you get that?
I want flipping in.

Edit.
Never mind. I found one at 3/1. Now to see if a legitimate company. Never heard of them.

ToOdLeS

Last edited by gonzo; 11-20-2018 at 04:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2018, 05:50 PM   #79
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Are you saying, even if trump is proved to have committed a very serious crime, the republicans will still not vote against him?

Will republicans protect trump even if he commits treason?

If that's the case I feel sorry for you and anyone that thinks like you. Left or right you should be able to condemn anyone regardless of politician affiliation.

You give it zero% chance on impeachment which is wrong. Here are the odds a major UK bookmaker gives - not great - I.e not impossible as you suggest.

If you have 2 billion worth of assets and 1.5 billion worth of liabilities. Are you still considered a billionaire ?

Let's see who right when it all comes out shall we
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
^
3:1 he will resign?

Where'd you get that?
I want flipping in.

Edit.
Never mind. I found one at 3/1. Now to see if a legitimate company. Never heard of them.

ToOdLeS
Thank God that our founding fathers rid us of the type of thinking that led to this BS. As I said in my earlier post, "MARKED". Just like the election. Just like the inauguration. Just like the first 100 days. Just like the first year. Just as we're living in year 2. Spectacularly wrong. Again. And Again. And Again.

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 2
SakhirM410015.00
Run Silent13342.50

11-20-2018, 07:20 PM   #80
xQx
General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i (E88 N54 6AT)

Quote:

Yeah, I don't think so.

Hillary's emails were just something concrete that Donald could pin on her to label her 'crooked'. It was a big story because Trump would trot it out any chance he got and used it to scare people away from 'crooked Hillary'.

I didn't know any of the 'shady shit' she did with her email, and I think most people don't either - Only that she was using a private email server, and for some reason people at the top of the government think that's a big deal. ... Anyone who works for a large organisation knows that corporate IT policies suck balls - and even Trump is showing this by using his personal iPhone to conduct presidential business. Obama hated being restricted to his white house mobile and pushed the 'powers that be' to give him a bit of latitude on that. ... Honestly, I think most people either thought "well, I can understand Hillary using personal email. It's probably far more convenient" and didn't do any more digging; or people thought "well, the crooked bitch is obviously doing that to cover her tracks. I don't like her anyway!" and didn't do any more digging.

There's not been any evidence that Hillary actually used that private email server to pass on classified information to anyone she shouldn't have, only that she didn't handle it according to the way she should've.

Similarly with Ivanka, Slashdot reports Ivanka "exchanged hundreds of official government business emails", and that (given her circumstances) that may not actually be a crime, but that she should've followed the rule that: "The Oversight committee has jurisdiction over records and transparency laws, and Cummings helped write an update to the Presidential and Federal Records Acts that was signed into law by President Barack Obama in 2014. That measure mandates that every federal employee, including the President, forward any message about official business sent using a private account to the employee's official email account within 20 days."

I kinda buy the "I didn't think of it" excuse, especially if this is limited to the early days or the transition days - there's a lot going on, and if memory serves, Trump fired anyone with any white house experience on the way in as part of his 'drain the swamp' thing. ... But I stand by my remarks... Given that it was the one issue that daddy could actually pin on the "crooked" opposition; you'd think they'd go above and beyond to keep their house in order on the same damn issue. It's a special kind of stupid, even for this administration.

When Trump was calling Crooked Hillary crooked, he was alluding to their fundraising efforts prior to running (apparently there was a time there after Bill's presidency that the Clinton's were flat broke) and their house of cards style dealings in politics (knifing Bernie Sanders anyone?) and the Clinton's 'black book of secrets' - but none of that can be proven - so Trump was just using the Email issue as a convenient fact that allowed him to label his opposition as shady without being drawn on proving the actual shady dealings [that everybody knows about but nobody can prove].

Again, I don't think this is really an issue about Ivanka's handling of white house information (though that's all the upcoming 'probe' is going to be about) - this is about the pot calling the kettle black on a key election message.

My 2c:
Will Trump resign? Hell No. He probably won't even admit any wrongdoing.
Will he be impeached? Nope. That ol' chestnut is loosing steam, not gaining it.
Will he be elected for a second term? You know, there's a damn good chance he will. His supporters don't love him DESPITE this behaviour, they love him BECAUSE of it. ... and who's the best alternative the Dems have to whip their side up into an angry mob and get out and vote the way Trump does for his?
Will he be in courtroom after courtroom following his presidency over stuff that's come out during his term? You could bet on it.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2018, 08:20 PM   #81
UglyBuzzard
Baba Booey
United_States
Rep
Drives: Use to be a X5 50i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by xQx View Post
Quote:

Yeah, I don't think so.

Hillary's emails were just something concrete that Donald could pin on her to label her 'crooked'. It was a big story because Trump would trot it out any chance he got and used it to scare people away from 'crooked Hillary'.

I didn't know any of the 'shady shit' she did with her email, and I think most people don't either - Only that she was using a private email server, and for some reason people at the top of the government think that's a big deal. ... Anyone who works for a large organisation knows that corporate IT policies suck balls - and even Trump is showing this by using his personal iPhone to conduct presidential business. Obama hated being restricted to his white house mobile and pushed the 'powers that be' to give him a bit of latitude on that. ... Honestly, I think most people either thought "well, I can understand Hillary using personal email. It's probably far more convenient" and didn't do any more digging; or people thought "well, the crooked bitch is obviously doing that to cover her tracks. I don't like her anyway!" and didn't do any more digging.

There's not been any evidence that Hillary actually used that private email server to pass on classified information to anyone she shouldn't have, only that she didn't handle it according to the way she should've.

Similarly with Ivanka, Slashdot reports Ivanka "exchanged hundreds of official government business emails", and that (given her circumstances) that may not actually be a crime, but that she should've followed the rule that: "The Oversight committee has jurisdiction over records and transparency laws, and Cummings helped write an update to the Presidential and Federal Records Acts that was signed into law by President Barack Obama in 2014. That measure mandates that every federal employee, including the President, forward any message about official business sent using a private account to the employee's official email account within 20 days."

I kinda buy the "I didn't think of it" excuse, especially if this is limited to the early days or the transition days - there's a lot going on, and if memory serves, Trump fired anyone with any white house experience on the way in as part of his 'drain the swamp' thing. ... But I stand by my remarks... Given that it was the one issue that daddy could actually pin on the "crooked" opposition; you'd think they'd go above and beyond to keep their house in order on the same damn issue. It's a special kind of stupid, even for this administration.

When Trump was calling Crooked Hillary crooked, he was alluding to their fundraising efforts prior to running (apparently there was a time there after Bill's presidency that the Clinton's were flat broke) and their house of cards style dealings in politics (knifing Bernie Sanders anyone?) and the Clinton's 'black book of secrets' - but none of that can be proven - so Trump was just using the Email issue as a convenient fact that allowed him to label his opposition as shady without being drawn on proving the actual shady dealings [that everybody knows about but nobody can prove].

Again, I don't think this is really an issue about Ivanka's handling of white house information (though that's all the upcoming 'probe' is going to be about) - this is about the pot calling the kettle black on a key election message.

My 2c:
Will Trump resign? Hell No. He probably won't even admit any wrongdoing.
Will he be impeached? Nope. That ol' chestnut is loosing steam, not gaining it.
Will he be elected for a second term? You know, there's a damn good chance he will. His supporters don't love him DESPITE this behaviour, they love him BECAUSE of it. ... and who's the best alternative the Dems have to whip their side up into an angry mob and get out and vote the way Trump does for his?
Will he be in courtroom after courtroom following his presidency over stuff that's come out during his term? You could bet on it.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer20179.00

11-21-2018, 01:38 AM   #82
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyBuzzard View Post
The Alternate Universe Crew is here. There have been reports that classified information did pass through the Hillary Server Farm. WTF is wrong with people?!?!!

Appreciate 2
      11-21-2018, 06:23 AM   #83
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK

Let's see who right when it all comes out shall we[/QUOTE]

According to Forbes. $3.1 Billion
https://www.forbes.com/donald-trump/#5a8423012899
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2018, 08:11 AM   #84
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

He has lots of supports that dont love him. There are the never trumps(hate whatever he does), always trumps(love everything he does), and sometimes trumps(most of Republicans, think hes a dummy but good for the country). We like politics not individuals, hes a overpaid dmv worker with more responsibilities.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer20179.00

11-21-2018, 10:08 AM   #85
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
He has lots of supports that dont love him. There are the never trumps(hate whatever he does), always trumps(love everything he does), and sometimes trumps(most of Republicans, think hes a dummy but good for the country). We like politics not individuals, hes a overpaid dmv worker with more responsibilities.
That's what all of them are. People seem to forget that.

Appreciate 1
Run Silent13342.50

11-21-2018, 10:12 AM   #86
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Why are we still talking about this?
      11-21-2018, 10:21 AM   #87
Eriphill
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
Why are we still talking about this?
Because the media focused their laser pointer onto a story from 2017 and all the cats followed the dot just like they always do.
Appreciate 3
Run Silent13342.50
MKSixer20179.00

11-21-2018, 12:00 PM   #88
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriphill View Post
Because the media focused their laser pointer onto a story from 2017 and all the cats followed the dot just like they always do.
And yet we never did elect Perot, whose company had that grand idea about "Herding Cats"

Appreciate 1
Eriphill1578.50