BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Virginia Gun Control

12-19-2019, 02:52 PM   #1
bd307
Chef
Rep
Drives: Things with wheels or no wheel

Virginia Gun Control

Besides the impeachment BS we are seeing, I think the Virginia gun control BS is another losing ground the Dems are trying to dig themselves in.

Trump is really getting to their nerves I guess.
Appreciate 1
      12-19-2019, 04:01 PM   #2
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd307 View Post
Besides the impeachment BS we are seeing, I think the Virginia gun control BS is another losing ground the Dems are trying to dig themselves in.

Trump is really getting to their nerves I guess.
Yeah - I am only about 20 miles from the border, so it is in the news frequently here.

Curious to see how this plays out - all the Sheriffs in the counties around where I live are passing referendums noting they are a 2A sanctuary and will not comply with laws that violate the constitution - basically using the same play as the leftist cities using sanctuary city laws for immigration.

The other day, the Governor of VA said that if the Sheriffs didn't comply with any gun regulations the state passes, then he will just send in the national guard to force them to comply.

Several of the Sheriffs in this area, including one in Tazwell County basically laughed at him on camera and said "Yeah, go ahead and give that a whirl and see how it works out."

1) I don't believe he has the authority to make the national guard do that and
2) If you want a civil war, that is a great way to get one.

It's all just pomp and circumstance - I doubt anything is really going to come of it, but it's fun to watch from my side of the border.

Salty Dog3497.00
MKSixer19841.00
Dang3r3520.00
Poiseuille3969.50

12-19-2019, 04:02 PM   #3
The Chaddening
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT

What these people don’t realize is that libertarians/conservatives/patriots are seriously just waiting online to get red flagged. There was a guy from NY who runs a libertarian meme page and got red flagged last month and went live on Instagram, within hours there were 10+ live-streams and hundreds of patriots driving down there “kitted” up. The local police station had to shut down the phones due to trolls blowing them up that couldn’t drive in. They hacked the police radio and we were all listening to their positions live on air until they realized they were compromised. Luckily the guy went in peacefully and they didn’t require him to turn anything in, but we aren’t joking when we say “come fuck around and find out”.

We’re hoping you take us up on it.

Psalm 23:1
Appreciate 1
Poiseuille3969.50

12-19-2019, 04:40 PM   #4
bd307
Chef
Rep
Drives: Things with wheels or no wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Yeah - I am only about 20 miles from the border, so it is in the news frequently here.

Curious to see how this plays out - all the Sheriffs in the counties around where I live are passing referendums noting they are a 2A sanctuary and will not comply with laws that violate the constitution - basically using the same play as the leftist cities using sanctuary city laws for immigration.

The other day, the Governor of VA said that if the Sheriffs didn't comply with any gun regulations the state passes, then he will just send in the national guard to force them to comply.

Several of the Sheriffs in this area, including one in Tazwell County basically laughed at him on camera and said "Yeah, go ahead and give that a whirl and see how it works out."

1) I don't believe he has the authority to make the national guard do that and
2) If you want a civil war, that is a great way to get one.

It's all just pomp and circumstance - I doubt anything is really going to come of it, but it's fun to watch from my side of the border.

Not making jokes about Dems and its supporters, but it looks to me a lot of them are trying to find ways to lose the next election by messing with the wrong people for the wrong reasons at the wrong time.
Appreciate 3
Salty Dog3497.00
Dang3r3520.00

12-19-2019, 04:52 PM   #5
adc100
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Dems don't trust people with "Rights". The Party of Slavery did not vote for a single civil rights law til the middle 60's, The want to overturn the 2016 Presidential election, And Dems sponsor literally 10's of thousands of anti gun laws in the U.s. Oh yea they opposed woman Suffrage law introduced by Republicans.

Very predictable
Appreciate 5
Salty Dog3497.00
MKSixer19841.00
Efthreeoh6539.50
Poiseuille3969.50

12-19-2019, 07:13 PM   #6
Dave 90TT
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 6MT M4 F82

If they actually do send the NG to confiscate firearms, there's about a 110% chance there will be a civil war in VA.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2019, 08:39 AM   #7
CTinline-six
Welcome to Jurassic Park
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
It really is just showing how idiotic they are. Regardless of how you feel about guns, criminals by their very nature do not follow laws. Any gun laws that are enforced will only impact those who follow laws, and will do nothing to stop criminals who intend to do harm with guns.

I do not own any guns, but I see why people have them.
      12-20-2019, 10:39 AM   #8
vreihen16
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 90TT View Post
If they actually do send the NG to confiscate firearms, there's about a 110% chance there will be a civil war in VA.
The unofficial New York 845 Militia stands ready to assist the oppressed citizens of Virginia.....

12-20-2019, 08:14 PM   #9
adc100
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
The guard will disobey that order. Besides that would be.

And there is a law against a posse comitatus
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 05:42 PM   #10
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Attached Images

MKSixer19841.00
NickyC5720.50
Salty Dog3497.00
bd307878.00
mk1-fan497.50
David0ff937.50

12-21-2019, 07:22 PM   #11
Dave 90TT
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
The guard will disobey that order. Besides that would be.

And there is a law against a posse comitatus
Posse Comitatus doesn't apply to NG unless they are in title 10 status (federally, not state, activacted)
Appreciate 1
      12-22-2019, 08:31 AM   #12
adc100
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Posse Comitatus doesn't apply to NG unless they are in title 10 status (federally, not state, activacted)
I see your point. If the president is a republican, they will be quickly Federalized.
But it doesn't matter they will refuse to do it.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 01:14 PM   #13
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Virginia, a state I lived in some years back during service. Never would have thought it would turn into what it has. Sad
"The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. Samuel Adams
Appreciate 3
Efthreeoh6539.50
Salty Dog3497.00
Poiseuille3969.50

12-22-2019, 01:22 PM   #14
Dave 90TT
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
I see your point. If the president is a republican, they will be quickly Federalized.
But it doesn't matter they will refuse to do it.
Maybe, maybe not. Look up Kent State. Some people will follow orders no matter what. Others won't.
Appreciate 2
vreihen161501.50
MKSixer19841.00

12-22-2019, 08:32 PM   #15
adc100
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Maybe, maybe not. Look up Kent State. Some people will follow orders no matter what. Others won't.
True, but that was an isolated group. This would be done on a large sale. But you might be right. But the government doesn't have enough body bags to do it.

And this is the internet..talk is cheap. But at the age of 73...."Make my day"
Appreciate 1
vreihen161501.50

12-22-2019, 09:21 PM   #16
Yugo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
Virginia, a state I lived in some years back during service. Never would have thought it would turn into what it has. Sad
Virginia would still be a great state if it wasn't for northern Virginia and the majority of democratic voters up there.
Appreciate 5
N54Yankee2177.00
Efthreeoh6539.50
vreihen161501.50
Poiseuille3969.50

12-22-2019, 10:00 PM   #17
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yugo View Post
Virginia would still be a great state if it wasn't for northern Virginia and the majority of democratic voters up there.
Yup, all the D.C. swamp rats making their nests up there.
"The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. Samuel Adams
Appreciate 1
Poiseuille3969.50

12-22-2019, 10:24 PM   #18
Ric in RVA
Bergspyder
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW 128i Sport 6mt

We need a Virginia Electoral College. Look at a voting map. Crazy that three little areas packed with people can F&$&$(#) up a whole Commonwealth.

2011 128i 6 MT Sport, 10 Land Rover LR4, 2011 528i N52, 18 F150 Platinum, Sequoia, 01 Excursion FOR SALE, a few motorcycles.
Appreciate 3
Efthreeoh6539.50
vreihen161501.50
Poiseuille3969.50

12-23-2019, 01:20 AM   #19
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan Turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric in RVA View Post
We need a Virginia Electoral College. Look at a voting map. Crazy that three little areas packed with people can F&$&$(#) up a whole Commonwealth.
Same thing happens in Illinois. Chicagoland tilts everything against the rest of the state.
Appreciate 4
Efthreeoh6539.50
Salty Dog3497.00
vreihen161501.50

12-23-2019, 07:03 AM   #20
Ric in RVA
Bergspyder
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Good read written probably 15 years ago. Matt is a Seal and a pretty good writer. Mainly he understands how crap like this could go down.

That his book is set in Virginia and is all about gun confiscation brought on by a false flag attack set up on the Skins Stadium.

You won't want to put it down.

I like Matt. I sure hope he isn't actually writing non fiction..by accident...

http://enemiesforeignanddomestic.com/books_efad.html

"ABOUT "ENEMIES FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC"
BULLETS RAIN DOWN UPON A PACKED FOOTBALL STADIUM, killing dozens, and triggering a panic stampede which leads to a thousand more deaths. A police marksman kills the sniper, a mentally unbalanced Desert Storm veteran holding a smoking assault rifle. It's an open and shut case, or so America is led to believe...

In the aftermath of the stadium massacre, an outraged public demands an end to the threat posed by assault rifles, and Congress passes emergency legislation banning their private possession. American gun owners have one week to turn in their semi-automatic rifles, or face mandatory five year federal prison terms.

Jimmy Shifflett, the alleged stadium sniper, is linked to a shadowy "gun club" in southeastern Virginia, which the FBI believes is a cover for a secret right wing militia terror group. Those who knew Shifflett the best don't believe he was a member of any militia, or that he was guilty of the horrific mass murder.

But if he didn't fire the "assault rifle" into the stadium, who did, and why?

A small band of Virginians, thrown together by fate, is forced to undertake a desperate odyssey through a minefield of government blackmail, official deception and covert death squads, to discover the truth behind the stadium massacre, and save their own lives.

ENEMIES FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC is about one of the several fault lines dividing the world views that co-exist uneasily within the United States today. One side of this ideological divide believes that American gun rights are a dangerous anachronism, and that firearms ownership should be strictly regulated, and as far as possible curtailed by the government. This side of American society desires to see all firearms registered with the government, and many classes of firearms banned.

The other side considers the Second Amendment of the Bill of Rights to be an unbreachable wall, guarding the freedom of all Americans from steadily encroaching government tyranny. This side believes that it has learned a bitter lesson of history, and will never follow the tragic example of other peoples who have been disarmed, and then in many cases slaughtered by their own governments.

The firearms-intolerant side in America fails to appreciate that the God-given right to keep and bear arms is a bedrock core belief for tens of millions of Americans. This anti-firearms group seeks to elect those who would enact laws that may cross the constitutional point of no return for those millions of Americans who will not be disarmed without a violent struggle. The Americans who cherish the Second Amendment will refuse to be disarmed, regardless of what unconstitutional laws are passed, just as blacks would disobey any new laws which attempted to send them back into slavery.

The main thesis of Enemies Foreign and Domestic is that cynical manipulators, who understand both world views, could easily shape events to create a violent crisis in America between the two camps. This could easily be done as depicted in the Prologue, with a large-scale massacre blamed on a suitable villain, or by other means.

Simply consider the DOJ and ATF's "Operation Fast and Furious," where thousands of untracked high-powered weapons were allowed to "walk" across the border directly to Mexican drug cartel assassins, in order to buttress the false argument that American firearms were primarily responsible for fuelling their drug wars. These "MURDERGATE" weapons have been responsible for hundreds of killings in Mexico, and the murders of at least two U.S. federal agents, all with the intended purpose of undercutting the 2nd Amendment in the United States. Meanwhile, the mainstream media colludes in the cover-up of Operation Fast And Furious, and little or nothing is heard of it in the mainstream news...

Enemies Foreign And Domestic is a cautionary tale about a power-mad federal government, bent on turning America into a total control grid, where freedom will be doled out to servile subjects in small scraps. Be extremely wary of events tending to advance laws stripping Americans of their right to keep and bear arms. No matter what the provocation, genuine or contrived, with or without truthful reporting by the elite media, millions of Americans will not be disarmed without a violent struggle of cataclysmic proportions, leading to Civil War Two.

The society of gun-owning Americans is like a great lake: vast, deep and placid. Their firearms are rarely seen above the lake's surface from day to day, but they exist in their countless millions just the same. It is the contention of the author that it would be extremely unwise to push millions of firearms owners past their boiling points, with unconstitutional laws depriving them of their right to keep and bear arms. The unintended consequences of such a mistake would be disastrous for all Americans.

2011 128i 6 MT Sport, 10 Land Rover LR4, 2011 528i N52, 18 F150 Platinum, Sequoia, 01 Excursion FOR SALE, a few motorcycles.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2019, 07:04 AM   #21
Ric in RVA
Bergspyder
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Good read written probably 15 years ago. Matt is a Seal and a pretty good writer. Mainly he understands how crap like this could go down.

That his book is set in Virginia and is all about gun confiscation brought on by a false flag attack set up on the Skins Stadium is a little close to home for me.

You won't want to put it down.

I like Matt. I sure hope he isn't actually writing non fiction..by accident...

Matt is still very involved in Gun Rights and you can hear him on podcasts, follow his writings and blogs and catch him on FB when he isn't in time out....

http://enemiesforeignanddomestic.com/books_efad.html

ABOUT "ENEMIES FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC"
BULLETS RAIN DOWN UPON A PACKED FOOTBALL STADIUM, killing dozens, and triggering a panic stampede which leads to a thousand more deaths. A police marksman kills the sniper, a mentally unbalanced Desert Storm veteran holding a smoking assault rifle. It's an open and shut case, or so America is led to believe...

In the aftermath of the stadium massacre, an outraged public demands an end to the threat posed by assault rifles, and Congress passes emergency legislation banning their private possession. American gun owners have one week to turn in their semi-automatic rifles, or face mandatory five year federal prison terms.

Jimmy Shifflett, the alleged stadium sniper, is linked to a shadowy "gun club" in southeastern Virginia, which the FBI believes is a cover for a secret right wing militia terror group. Those who knew Shifflett the best don't believe he was a member of any militia, or that he was guilty of the horrific mass murder.

But if he didn't fire the "assault rifle" into the stadium, who did, and why?

A small band of Virginians, thrown together by fate, is forced to undertake a desperate odyssey through a minefield of government blackmail, official deception and covert death squads, to discover the truth behind the stadium massacre, and save their own lives.

ENEMIES FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC is about one of the several fault lines dividing the world views that co-exist uneasily within the United States today. One side of this ideological divide believes that American gun rights are a dangerous anachronism, and that firearms ownership should be strictly regulated, and as far as possible curtailed by the government. This side of American society desires to see all firearms registered with the government, and many classes of firearms banned.

The other side considers the Second Amendment of the Bill of Rights to be an unbreachable wall, guarding the freedom of all Americans from steadily encroaching government tyranny. This side believes that it has learned a bitter lesson of history, and will never follow the tragic example of other peoples who have been disarmed, and then in many cases slaughtered by their own governments.

The firearms-intolerant side in America fails to appreciate that the God-given right to keep and bear arms is a bedrock core belief for tens of millions of Americans. This anti-firearms group seeks to elect those who would enact laws that may cross the constitutional point of no return for those millions of Americans who will not be disarmed without a violent struggle. The Americans who cherish the Second Amendment will refuse to be disarmed, regardless of what unconstitutional laws are passed, just as blacks would disobey any new laws which attempted to send them back into slavery.

The main thesis of Enemies Foreign and Domestic is that cynical manipulators, who understand both world views, could easily shape events to create a violent crisis in America between the two camps. This could easily be done as depicted in the Prologue, with a large-scale massacre blamed on a suitable villain, or by other means.

Simply consider the DOJ and ATF's "Operation Fast and Furious," where thousands of untracked high-powered weapons were allowed to "walk" across the border directly to Mexican drug cartel assassins, in order to buttress the false argument that American firearms were primarily responsible for fuelling their drug wars. These "MURDERGATE" weapons have been responsible for hundreds of killings in Mexico, and the murders of at least two U.S. federal agents, all with the intended purpose of undercutting the 2nd Amendment in the United States. Meanwhile, the mainstream media colludes in the cover-up of Operation Fast And Furious, and little or nothing is heard of it in the mainstream news...

Enemies Foreign And Domestic is a cautionary tale about a power-mad federal government, bent on turning America into a total control grid, where freedom will be doled out to servile subjects in small scraps. Be extremely wary of events tending to advance laws stripping Americans of their right to keep and bear arms. No matter what the provocation, genuine or contrived, with or without truthful reporting by the elite media, millions of Americans will not be disarmed without a violent struggle of cataclysmic proportions, leading to Civil War Two.

The society of gun-owning Americans is like a great lake: vast, deep and placid. Their firearms are rarely seen above the lake's surface from day to day, but they exist in their countless millions just the same. It is the contention of the author that it would be extremely unwise to push millions of firearms owners past their boiling points, with unconstitutional laws depriving them of their right to keep and bear arms. The unintended consequences of such a mistake would be disastrous for all Americans.

Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 12:53 PM   #22
adc100
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Church shooter taken down by armed church goer.
I always carry in church.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-chu...injured-active
Appreciate 1
vreihen161501.50