BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis Bridgestone Turanza T0005's over inflated based on door jam data

09-17-2020, 11:00 PM   #1
MauiSteve
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M Sport 540i

Question Bridgestone Turanza T0005's over inflated based on door jam data

So I picked up my new 2020 MSport 540i in February. The car was delivered to me with the tire pressures at 42 psi all the way around.

The Bridgstone Turanza T005 is a summer performance runflat tire appropriate to my Hawaiian climate, and I have a staggered 19" setup.

Door jam sticker specs 35 psi front and 38 psi rear.

About a week ago I began getting an iDrive warning to check low tire pressure. Upon doing so the display was warning on 39 psi passenger rear.

I have read that during shipping tires may be somewhat over inflatted to prevent flat spotting. Did the dealer just gloss over this during pre-delivery inspection and I should be backing these off?

I want good life out of the tires, and there's little opportunity for any spirited driving here on Maui. I'm not even out driving in the rain much.

Given the above info is 42 psi all the way around too much tire pressure (I checked Tire Rack and max inflation spec is 51 psi)? Do I risk easier damage to wheels if I keep it at 42? Am I shortening the life of the tire by leaving this at 42 psi?