BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions G30 at Berry Heathrow

01-26-2017, 05:19 AM   #67
jedpause
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport '21

Quote:
Originally Posted by remmib View Post
The buttons are for the park light on one side only, for when you park longside a road and want to make the side of the car close to the road more visible.

Hi I think he refers to another feature... the 3 blinks thing is different. It the iDrive setting to enable 3 blinks 'comfort' turning
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2017, 07:54 AM   #68
sahajesh
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 G05 X5 40i Tanzanite Blue

More photos.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2017, 07:55 AM   #69
sahajesh
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

And a few more.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2017, 10:32 AM   #70
remmib
General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahajesh View Post
And a few more.
Nice to see more pics of the alu trim.

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3DDesign Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2017, 10:50 AM   #71
sahajesh
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by remmib View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahajesh View Post
And a few more.
Nice to see more pics of the alu trim.
I didn't like it, I don't mind the Alu Hex on the F30 but the Alu Rhombicle on G30 just doesn't look right.

The G definitely needs an Individual trim, for me anyway.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2017, 12:30 PM   #72
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

well I just had to pop in and have a look so I did that today.
I thought it might be cordoned off waiting for an official release but they just waved me straight through to the room where it was parked. Asked if I wanted a salesman to accompany me , I declined - I spent around 5 minutes looking.

Initial impression as I walked in the room was a F10 with 4 series themes.
Didn't have the exact spec of this car but it was a 520D msport xdrive.
Sat inside and like the dash board , looked very good. 11 miles on the clock.
Didn't play with the idrive. Despite me not licking the display sticking out as it does, I could live with it but I do think it would look better integrated in as in the F10. I know opinions both sides as regards that!
Did notice a reflection from the speaker housing in the middle of the dashboard on the windscreen. Similar on the F10.
This car had a HUD but I didn't switch the electrics on , so didn't see this.
Seat had electric controls, seemed like full controls but it was only just a quick look. Seating position felt exactly the same as the F10 I had just stepped out of. I like my seat high so raised the G30 seat to its highest and it felt like the same driving position to me. Felt comfortable but 2 mins is certainly not a valid test.
Interior looked like it was a quality product. I'd say the dashboard looked better that my current F10, I know its not real leather but it did look good all the same.
Headlining a disappointment, but I think the alcantara will make all the difference once that it available.(I have that on my current F10)
Good place for the putting drink cans, see there is what I think is the wireless charging ahead of that .
Didn't like the aluminium trim , but then I didn't like it on the F10 either, prefer a wood as an extra. Personal preference here obviously.
Quick look at the boot, noticed how light the boot was, I think this is made entirely from aluminium this time, part of the weight savings.
Wheels looed good. 19 inch I think. dark painted colour inside with exposed metal on the surround. Out of all the wheels I've seen to date , the 20"ones on the 550i msport look the best to me, whether these will be available in the UK, I don't know.

Overall came out thinking this is was a F10 with a nip and tuck. Felt familiar.
Got back in my F10 and wasn't disappointed with my F10 having seen the G30. My thoughts are probably to buy one in 2018, allow time for any bugs to be found, and I'm sure the equipment and finishes will expand by then.
I also need to make a call as to whether I want diesel or petrol.
I do like the diesel engines but with the war on diesels ever increasing, petrol may be the way to go possibly. ie a 540i
Name:  g30_berry_1900_2.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  655.3 KB
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2017, 12:51 PM   #73
Chuckyarla
Captain
Ireland
Rep
Drives: G11 730d M-Sport 2018

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
well I just had to pop in and have a look so I did that today.
I thought it might be cordoned off waiting for an official release but they just waved me straight through to the room where it was parked. Asked if I wanted a salesman to accompany me , I declined - I spent around 5 minutes looking.

Initial impression as I walked in the room was a F10 with 4 series themes.
Didn't have the exact spec of this car but it was a 520D msport xdrive.
Sat inside and like the dash board , looked very good. 11 miles on the clock.
Didn't play with the idrive. Despite me not licking the display sticking out as it does, I could live with it but I do think it would look better integrated in as in the F10. I know opinions both sides as regards that!
Did notice a reflection from the speaker housing in the middle of the dashboard on the windscreen. Similar on the F10.
This car had a HUD but I didn't switch the electrics on , so didn't see this.
Seat had electric controls, seemed like full controls but it was only just a quick look. Seating position felt exactly the same as the F10 I had just stepped out of. I like my seat high so raised the G30 seat to its highest and it felt like the same driving position to me. Felt comfortable but 2 mins is certainly not a valid test.
Interior looked like it was a quality product. I'd say the dashboard looked better that my current F10, I know its not real leather but it did look good all the same.
Headlining a disappointment, but I think the alcantara will make all the difference once that it available.(I have that on my current F10)
Good place for the putting drink cans, see there is what I think is the wireless charging ahead of that .
Didn't like the aluminium trim , but then I didn't like it on the F10 either, prefer a wood as an extra. Personal preference here obviously.
Quick look at the boot, noticed how light the boot was, I think this is made entirely from aluminium this time, part of the weight savings.
Wheels looed good. 19 inch I think. dark painted colour inside with exposed metal on the surround. Out of all the wheels I've seen to date , the 20"ones on the 550i msport look the best to me, whether these will be available in the UK, I don't know.

Overall came out thinking this is was a F10 with a nip and tuck. Felt familiar.
Got back in my F10 and wasn't disappointed with my F10 having seen the G30. My thoughts are probably to buy one in 2018, allow time for any bugs to be found, and I'm sure the equipment and finishes will expand by then.
I also need to make a call as to whether I want diesel or petrol.
I do like the diesel engines but with the war on diesels ever increasing, petrol may be the way to go possibly. ie a 540i
Attachment 1564414
Glad you didn't lick the display - could've got yourself carted off!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2017, 01:17 PM   #74
AP
Major General
Rep

that typo could have been a lot worse....
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2017, 05:10 AM   #75
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Nice observation , I still think the F10 is a nice place to be for a year or two.
      01-30-2017, 05:39 AM   #76
AP
Major General
Rep

Agree.
For me, I'm interested in the steering and handling this time round , be interested what people think about the G30 once it's in their hands.
Appreciate 0