BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications Is it tuned?!

10-16-2023, 04:40 PM   #1
Abooth
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 540i

Is it tuned?!

So i felt my 540i was quick from the day I purchased it. Quicker than the 340bhp should be but it was purchased from a main dealer albeit with a Sytner select warranty due to having a service missing from the drive meaning it can’t be a bmw approved car.

I checked on the sports displays the other day and this is what it reads at max throttle.

Below that are readings from the BM3 app and a DME read from the MHD app.

From my digging, I’ve seen that the 1F2802 code can be from tuning however the car has aftermarket full screen Apple CarPlay activated which the dealer also didn’t wipe and I’m wondering if that could throw that code?

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated…

I’m looking to go stage 2 but will need to either wipe any map off or ideally know what sort of map it is.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2023, 10:50 AM   #2
lanlilan
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: G30 540i Xdrive M Sport

Garage List
You should be able to contact BM3 and MHD to see if your vehicle VIN has been registered - if a previous owner purchased a license, it should show up in their database.

If not, then it's still possible that the vehicle was tuned by another company, in which case you could probably apply a "stock" tune from BM3 or MHD to restore to default settings. You should check with their support to see if that's the right course to reset your vehicle.
Appreciate 2
Junebug851615.00
Abooth0.00
      10-18-2023, 04:34 PM   #3
Abooth
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanlilan View Post
You should be able to contact BM3 and MHD to see if your vehicle VIN has been registered - if a previous owner purchased a license, it should show up in their database.

If not, then it's still possible that the vehicle was tuned by another company, in which case you could probably apply a "stock" tune from BM3 or MHD to restore to default settings. You should check with their support to see if that's the right course to reset your vehicle.
I’ve checked with MHD and it’s not one of their tunes. Waiting on BM3 guys to get back to me. From what I’ve read you can just flash MHD / BM3 over another tune. It just saves your current one as what it thinks is “stock”

Will see what they say and update. 👍
Appreciate 0