BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications North Jersey - M550 Remus cat back?

08-05-2021, 10:57 PM   #1
maDjzo
Captain
Poland
Rep
Drives: G30

Garage List
2018 BMW M550i  [0.00]
North Jersey - M550 Remus cat back?

Anyone in North Jersey w/ M550 Remus Cat Back? I'm debating, and would love to have a listen if possible?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 10:17 AM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Hope you find someone, its a great sounding exhaust

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 2
maDjzo861.50
      08-06-2021, 01:57 PM   #3
PetieD 7
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 540i xDrive M Sport

Agreed that it's much better to experience the exhaust system in-person. Unfortunately (for me, at least), it was very very difficult to find folks w/ Remus exhaust in my neck of the woods. All the video clips out there, do not represent the true exhaust sound/note. Although…at the end of the day, I am still pleased w/ my purchase even though I did not have the opportunity to listen the exhaust note in-person.
Appreciate 1
maDjzo861.50
      08-06-2021, 02:02 PM   #4
maDjzo
Captain
Poland
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetieD 7 View Post
Agreed that it's much better to experience the exhaust system in-person. Unfortunately (for me, at least), it was very very difficult to find folks w/ Remus exhaust in my neck of the woods. All the video clips out there, do not represent the true exhaust sound/note. Although…at the end of the day, I am still pleased w/ my purchase even though I did not have the opportunity to listen the exhaust note in-person.

Appreciate that, seems like everyone who has purchased it has nothing but great things to say. I think based on all the research I have done, this one seems to tick everything I'm looking for. In that, it's tamed and more amplified in comfort, but in sport/+ it wakes up a lot, low rumble tone, very muscle V8 like and enough crackle and pop during shifts/overrun to where it's not comical or over bearing. I think I'm sold with or without a listen at this point lol.

Anything that you thought ended up sounding different after install compared to videos you have seen prior?

Last edited by maDjzo; 08-06-2021 at 03:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 07:38 PM   #5
PetieD 7
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by maDjzo View Post
Quote:

Appreciate that, seems like everyone who has purchased it has nothing but great things to say. I think based on all the research I have done, this one seems to tick everything I'm looking for. In that, it's tamed and more amplified in comfort, but in sport/+ it wakes up a lot, low rumble tone, very muscle V8 like and enough crackle and pop during shifts/overrun to where it's not comical or over bearing. I think I'm sold with or without a listen at this point lol.

Anything that you thought ended up sounding different after install compared to videos you have seen prior?
After the "cat-back" exhaust system install, I was very impressed b/c it was not crazy loud (except cold starts), but w/ a deeper tone/note. Furthermore, the "Sport+" mode will bring it to the next level (when compared to OEM exhaust)…it's almost like an attitude adjustment for the car! In the end, all I can say is…it just sounded differently and much better in-person than various on-line video clips. It is very hard (IMO) to reproduce exact sound/note over the recorded video.

BTW, a "full" exhaust system can be pretty expensive for some folks out there, therefore it's hard to experience various exhaust systems to help a car owner make that informative decision. It's always based on other car enthusiasts' on-line opinions/reviews…which can be very subjective. Just my $0.02.
Appreciate 1
maDjzo861.50
      08-10-2021, 12:39 AM   #6
hoyas490
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 M550i

Quote:
Quote:

If it helps, I've got a 2021 with a full cat back system and am in NYC on the UES. If you'd make a bit of a trek in this way, I'd be happy to let you hear it live
Appreciate 1
maDjzo861.50
      08-13-2021, 07:49 PM   #7
maDjzo
Captain
Poland
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyas490 View Post
If it helps, I've got a 2021 with a full cat back system and am in NYC on the UES. If you'd make a bit of a trek in this way, I'd be happy to let you hear it live
Appreciate that, already pulled the trigger! Will be here Monday! I know I won't be disappointed.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 07:49 PM   #8
hoyas490
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyas490 View Post
Appreciate that, already pulled the trigger! Will be here Monday! I know I won't be disappointed.
Hahaha, fair enough! Enjoy it
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 10:36 PM   #9
Enjoiii
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G80

Quote:
Wait, what?
Where did you order from? The person I contacted said 5-6 weeks before I’d receive it lol. Let me know I’ll order right now!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 10:47 PM   #10
maDjzo
Captain
Poland
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoiii View Post
Quote:
Wait, what?
Where did you order from? The person I contacted said 5-6 weeks before I’d receive it lol. Let me know I’ll order right now!
Mike @ Extreme Power House

Although I was quoted the same time frame, I believe my unit might have been sourced from Turn14 Distribution. Shipped next day from their Arlington location. So not sure if it was a one off, or if they have more in stock and XPH have an agreement with them for sales such as this.. Perhaps I got lucky who knows.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2021, 04:16 PM   #11
Enjoiii
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

Although I was quoted the same time frame, I believe my unit might have been sourced from Turn14 Distribution. Shipped next day from their Arlington location. So not sure if it was a one off, or if they have more in stock and XPH have an agreement with them for sales such as this.. Perhaps I got lucky who knows.
I knew I should’ve ordered it last weekend. Post videos when you install it, you have downpipes as well?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2021, 05:54 PM   #12
maDjzo
Captain
Poland
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoiii View Post
Quote:

I knew I should’ve ordered it last weekend. Post videos when you install it, you have downpipes as well?
Will do, sticking with stock DPs for now.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 09:43 AM   #13
Enjoiii
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Just placed my order! Cant wait to see a video of yours while I wait lol
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 10:53 AM   #14
lam_lam13
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i

Quote:
Did you receive your exhaust system yet? That sounds like a super quick turnaround.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 10:56 AM   #15
maDjzo
Captain
Poland
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lam_lam13 View Post
Quote:
Did you receive your exhaust system yet? That sounds like a super quick turnaround.
It's out for delivery, however I'm not holding my breath as upon checking tracking details last night it states 13 lbs, and no evidence of being more than 1 package in this delivery. So maybe it's tips only.. :

Update 1: Just delivered, tips only.

Update 2: Looks like rest of the exhaust will be delivering next week. Not bad still, seems like they're getting units in. Anyone contemplating getting the Remus definitely reach out to Mike, great customer support and they're willing to source products from other vendors to get them as quickly to customers. A+ !
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 11:14 AM   #16
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep

Hey guys we are starting to get systems earlier than expected, some are actually in stock now.

Please note we use multiple distributors including ones outside of the US to make sure we are the fastest to have orders fulfilled

Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 06:20 PM   #17
Enjoiii
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
It's out for delivery, however I'm not holding my breath as upon checking tracking details last night it states 13 lbs, and no evidence of being more than 1 package in this delivery. So maybe it's tips only.. :

Update 1: Just delivered, tips only.

Update 2: Looks like rest of the exhaust will be delivering next week. Not bad still, seems like they're getting units in. Anyone contemplating getting the Remus definitely reach out to Mike, great customer support and they're willing to source products from other vendors to get them as quickly to customers. A+ !
Fingers crossed! Just read a comment on YT someone’s been waiting 10 weeks for the axle back portion... (he posted two days ago)
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 09:54 PM   #18
Texox
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M550i

I ordered the Remus catback with carbon tips back in February from a different vendor and still have not received it. Originally I was told 6-8 weeks. My set somehow was not included in the original shipment, and I was told another 6-8 weeks. Then my set did not make it onto the next shipment AGAIN. Now I have an ETA of early to mid September. Frustrated is an understatement. I wish I had ordered from XPH!
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 10:15 PM   #19
PetieD 7
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texox View Post
I ordered the Remus catback with carbon tips back in February from a different vendor and still have not received it. Originally I was told 6-8 weeks. My set somehow was not included in the original shipment, and I was told another 6-8 weeks. Then my set did not make it onto the next shipment AGAIN. Now I have an ETA of early to mid September. Frustrated is an understatement. I wish I had ordered from XPH!
so the vendor…provided you w/ hollow promises. I would have simply canceled the order, and purchase the exhaust system elsewhere w/ a good track record. Obviously, this timeframe is not the speed of business….it's very unfortunate.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2021, 05:41 PM   #20
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep

I was informed today that another vendor or vendors are spreading lies about us to distract from the fact that we simply provide better and faster service.

They tell their customers that we can provide exhausts faster because they are from a "grey market" and do not have any warranty.

This is completely false. All our orders are from authorized REMUS distributors and come with the full REMUS warranty.

If this were the case, no authorized REMUS distributor would work with us, especially Turn14.

I can't say im surprised to hear these lies, I, unfortunately, got to know a lot of these vendors up close, and I know how low they'll go.

To everyone spreading lies about us, please read this carefully.

Extreme Power House is the largest REMUS vendor in the US and possibly in the world. We claimed the number 1 spot a long time ago, and no one has ever come close to our sales since then.

We are on top because we provide the best service, focus on your service instead of spreading lies about us, and maybe one day you'll sell nearly as much

Appreciate 3
      08-17-2021, 06:05 PM   #21
hoyas490
First Lieutenant
Rep

🍿- gotta love when a reputable vendor and forum member / sponsor calls out the bullshit.
Appreciate 1
      08-17-2021, 08:08 PM   #22
jbhx5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550i

It's still early...but my experience with X-PH has been very positive so far. Reached out a couple weeks ago regarding ordering a Remus axle back exhaust and they got back to me within a day and let me know about current expected delivery times. I ordered a couple days ago and have since received emails confirming the order, reconfirming the exact tips I'd like, as well as updating me on expected delivery timing.

Hoping the outstanding customer service continues...no pressure, Mike
Appreciate 0