BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Video + PC Gaming / Computing GT5 Car Trading Thread

12-29-2010, 06:46 PM   #23
1trip5
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Emme Tres

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregTheStig View Post
I've got 2. 1 is stock and the other is pretty much loaded and I used it for an endurance race. Let me know which one you'd prefer and I'd be happy to loan it to you.

Also as soon as I can win that race series with my Formula GT I'll send it your way. This car is a pain in the ass to drive fast for 20 laps. And of course the AI doesn't make a mistake >.>

Also if anyone needs a fast car for the "Like the Wind" series I have the Minolta Toyota 88CV race car that can leave them in the dust. Plus you get one for yourself if you win it all.
I don't need to borrow the Z4M, I'm looking to own one. Thanks for the offer though! Let me know if there is something you'd like to trade the stock Z4M for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp View Post
I'd like to use them online and just for fun. I'd love to see what times I can put down with an F1 car around the 'ring.

They got for $10-$20 mil usually but the Gran Turismo one is around $4.6 mil used.

@1trip5 I'll make sure it's of equal value. If it isn't I'll tune it and throw on racing slicks or whatever is required to get it around $350k-$375k.
Specs on CSL:
434 HP / 1274 kg

Current mods:
Weight Reduc. stg 1
ECU Tuning
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Exhaust
Sports Catalytic Converter
Fully Customizable Suspension
Racing Hard Tires

Not sure what the highest HP output is, but it is capable of receive 3 stages of engine tuning. No turbo/supercharging. Im betting right around 600HP.
      12-29-2010, 06:58 PM   #24
LOLrance
The Law.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1trip5 View Post
I don't need to borrow the Z4M, I'm looking to own one. Thanks for the offer though! Let me know if there is something you'd like to trade the stock Z4M for.

Specs on CSL:
434 HP / 1274 kg

Current mods:
Weight Reduc. stg 1
ECU Tuning
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Exhaust
Racing Hard Tires

Not sure what the highest HP output is, but it is capable of receive 3 stages of engine tuning. No turbo/supercharging. Im betting right around 600HP.
I have a black Z4M thats been driven once or twice at the most. No tunning and no damage. If you are interested i can gift it to you for free. Dont really need it and i'd rather give it to someone that wants it then get ripped off selling it back.

-----edit----
Just noticed you posted this. "Mazda RX-7 GT-X '90 (P) / Black - Tuned and useful for bonus race 1". If you dont mind loaning me the RX7 for the bonus race, i can send it back once im done. Having a hard time finding the car.

Last edited by LOLrance; 12-29-2010 at 07:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2010, 07:10 PM   #25
1trip5
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
i dont mind trading you for it. Post up your PSN id. Shoot me the Z4M and I'll send you the RX7.
      12-29-2010, 07:35 PM   #26
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by l4wr3nc3 View Post
I have a black Z4M thats been driven once or twice at the most. No tunning and no damage. If you are interested i can gift it to you for free. Dont really need it and i'd rather give it to someone that wants it then get ripped off selling it back.

-----edit----
Just noticed you posted this. "Mazda RX-7 GT-X '90 (P) / Black - Tuned and useful for bonus race 1". If you dont mind loaning me the RX7 for the bonus race, i can send it back once im done. Having a hard time finding the car.

for your own reference (and possible ease) the GTX you can buy new from a dealership for dirt cheap. taking the trade though is a good idea as well if you're strapped for cash
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2010, 07:51 PM   #27
LOLrance
The Law.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
for your own reference (and possible ease) the GTX you can buy new from a dealership for dirt cheap. taking the trade though is a good idea as well if you're strapped for cash
Thanks for the heads up. I saw that they wanted a 90' RX-7 and automatically assumed it woudnt be available at the dealership and would need to be found through the used car dealer.
      12-29-2010, 07:59 PM   #28
1trip5
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
mine comes modded and tuned. probably worth the z4m and more ; )
      12-29-2010, 08:04 PM   #29
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

I sent you the Seven.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2010, 08:07 PM   #30
1trip5
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
received. you rock.

it's got crazy turbo lag at low rpm. not sure if it can help me win cote d'azur.
      12-30-2010, 10:50 PM   #31
BMW2006
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Montego Coupe

Quote:
received. you rock.

it's got crazy turbo lag at low rpm. not sure if it can help me win cote d'azur.
If you are talking B-spec with the 7 I had to tune it a little bit to get the win.

I pulled this information from this thread...

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=139467

"
Max Down force

Initial Torque: 30
Acceleration Sensitivity: 55
Braking Sensitivity: 40 "

Also I set the max speed of the transmission to 155 and the mid stage turbo only since it's such a contained course. I had to run the race 3-4 times before winning even with this set up (after tuning it I started coming in 2nd, 3rd etc, instead of 10th) I think I ran it about 10 times total, it was driving me crazy since my stupid b-spec driver (even at lvl 23) would get stuck in the chicane constantly and lose 2-6 places at a time. The biggest problem is the lack of passing areas for your "bob" driver, once you get ahead he tears it up.

Granted that the Jag that was kicking my ass may have started behind me before I finally won and this tune might not have had anything to do with it. But this is what I was using when I finally did get the gold, I hope this helps you as much as it helped me so we can both get on to better races 8)

-bmw2006
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2010, 11:03 PM   #32
BMW2006
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Montego Coupe

Quote:
PM'd.

I have the M3 GT-R as well, so I don't have a need to trade for another. I snagged the CSL through used car dealership. I've only seen it once, seems to be rare. I really love the CSL but I know it's a great bargaining car, especially on this forum so I'm willing to part with it till I find another in the used car lot. Keep in mind that it is fully restored which adds a significant amount of value to it.

Do you have any of the following?
Acura NSX ’91
Aston DB9
Audi TTS Coupe
BMW Z4M
McLaren MP4-12C
Mercedes SLS AMG
RUF Yellow Bird
Toyota Supra SZ-R
After beating the expert races in b-spec I was given a lvl 17 card which yielded me a red NSX prototype, it doesn't list the model year although the year 1992 is listed in the description (although I think they're referring to the normal NSX) is this the car that you are looking for?

-BMW2006
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2010, 11:12 PM   #33
1trip5
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW2006 View Post
If you are talking B-spec with the 7 I had to tune it a little bit to get the win.

I pulled this information from this thread...

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=139467

"
Max Down force

Initial Torque: 30
Acceleration Sensitivity: 55
Braking Sensitivity: 40 "

Also I set the max speed of the transmission to 155 and the mid stage turbo only since it's such a contained course. I had to run the race 3-4 times before winning even with this set up (after tuning it I started coming in 2nd, 3rd etc, instead of 10th) I think I ran it about 10 times total, it was driving me crazy since my stupid b-spec driver (even at lvl 23) would get stuck in the chicane constantly and lose 2-6 places at a time. The biggest problem is the lack of passing areas for your "bob" driver, once you get ahead he tears it up.

Granted that the Jag that was kicking my ass may have started behind me before I finally won and this tune might not have had anything to do with it. But this is what I was using when I finally did get the gold, I hope this helps you as much as it helped me so we can both get on to better races 8)

-bmw2006
Thanks for the tip. I actually obtained a Chaparrel 2D, did a little tuning and won pretty easily. I need to gift the 7 back to blue2fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW2006 View Post
After beating the expert races in b-spec I was given a lvl 17 card which yielded me a red NSX prototype, it doesn't list the model year although the year 1992 is listed in the description (although I think they're referring to the normal NSX) is this the car that you are looking for?

-BMW2006
I'm actually looking for the '91 premium NSX that can be converted into a race car.
      01-02-2011, 11:12 PM   #34
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

I have a Formula GT that i dont need. Will give for something of substance.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2011, 11:21 PM   #35
1trip5
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
interested. anything you are looking for in particular? i just picked up an M3 GTR race car and 320i touring car.
      01-03-2011, 02:02 PM   #36
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
GT! What are you after? Very interested too..
      01-03-2011, 03:15 PM   #37
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: C6 ZO6

I have a great one for you. I just picked up a lightly used Buick GNX She dont take corners to well, but it is pretty slow, so its got that goin for it.

I also have a Dacia Sandero. The car of choice by Top Gears James May. Very rare.

honestly I have fuck all for cars right now. I would like the FGT, but the best I got is full race ZR1 and modded LP560.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
I have a Formula GT that i dont need. Will give for something of substance.
      01-03-2011, 04:03 PM   #38
1trip5
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
also, if you are a porsche man... ive got some modded RUFs at my disposal.
      01-03-2011, 11:26 PM   #39
GregTheStig
derp
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a Tuk Tuk

For anyone that's won the Formula GT series, did rebuilding the engine and chassis make enough of an improvement to warrant about a million bucks? 500,000 seems a lot for a couple new cylinder heads... but so far my car feels slower than the other guys, and I still suck at driving it hard for 20 consistent laps.
      01-04-2011, 10:51 AM   #40
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregTheStig View Post
For anyone that's won the Formula GT series, did rebuilding the engine and chassis make enough of an improvement to warrant about a million bucks? 500,000 seems a lot for a couple new cylinder heads... but so far my car feels slower than the other guys, and I still suck at driving it hard for 20 consistent laps.
by the time I feel like actually doing the series I'm going to HAVE to do a rebuild my FGT has like 20k miles atm hahaha.

But if you just bought it, there's no point of doing all of that, as long as you have over I think 920 hp, there's not much it's going to do for you. Mine's down to 870
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2011, 02:29 PM   #41
Crisp
Lieutenant Colonel
Albania
Rep
Drives: F95 X5M

Garage List
Quote:

Specs on CSL:
434 HP / 1274 kg

Current mods:
Weight Reduc. stg 1
ECU Tuning
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Exhaust
Racing Hard Tires

Sorry I haven't touched GT5 for a while... been so busy during the holidays.

I actually don't have the DB9 but I can buy it and mod it to bring it up to the equivalent value of your CSL.

On a side note, what did you use to beat the All Stars race?
The damn Veyron is horrible around turns and I got a McLaren but they out-power me and I can barely pull out of turns without the back end kicking out.
I guess I need to spend more time tuning it.
      01-04-2011, 07:24 PM   #42
GregTheStig
derp
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a Tuk Tuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
by the time I feel like actually doing the series I'm going to HAVE to do a rebuild my FGT has like 20k miles atm hahaha.

But if you just bought it, there's no point of doing all of that, as long as you have over I think 920 hp, there's not much it's going to do for you. Mine's down to 870
I've been driving mine a lot, and I still can't drive it fast and not spin out every other lap.
      01-04-2011, 08:07 PM   #43
1trip5
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp View Post
Sorry I haven't touched GT5 for a while... been so busy during the holidays.

I actually don't have the DB9 but I can buy it and mod it to bring it up to the equivalent value of your CSL.

On a side note, what did you use to beat the All Stars race?
The damn Veyron is horrible around turns and I got a McLaren but they out-power me and I can barely pull out of turns without the back end kicking out.
I guess I need to spend more time tuning it.
I used the Minolta Toyota you earn from Like the Wind.

Im suddenly less interested in the Aston. Do you happen to have the McLaren MP4? I'd be willing to trade for the MP4.
      01-05-2011, 09:10 AM   #44
Crisp
Lieutenant Colonel
Albania
Rep
Drives: F95 X5M

Garage List
Quote:
I used the Minolta Toyota you earn from Like the Wind.

Im suddenly less interested in the Aston. Do you happen to have the McLaren MP4? I'd be willing to trade for the MP4.
No I don't sorry. I only have the old McLaren F1. (1994?)

I wanted to complete the All Stars race to get enough experience to do Like The Wind.
I'm still on level 20.