BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Buying out a lease

04-18-2020, 08:09 PM   #45
GTFISH
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M550i

I called BMW FS this past week and they offered no discount on residual if I wanted to buy my car at lease end. I have until 9-30-2020 to decide so I am in no hurry and will call again and see if I get a more cooperative person or if guidelines change in the next few months.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 10:14 AM   #46
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsf721 View Post
It was BMW financial.

My dealer who has been excellent so far is Rallye. They are closed now and I’ll talk to them when they re open.
My dealer also, and they have been fair in pricing on 5 cars, and generally excellent also on service. They're supposed to reopen April 30. They may be looking at emails, so if you have your CA's it may be worth shooting him (or her) a question. PM if you want the guy I have used.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 12:48 PM   #47
BlueSander
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 530iDriver View Post
Leasing is a Ponzi scheme that makes manufacturers and dealers a lot of money. It has never been and will never be consumer friendly.
Dude, go out, travel a bit more! It's the same like ppl say go buy a house, instead of paying for your landlord. Dumbest thing I have ever heard. I'm in real estate for more than a decade and in the US, I can name you states that this saying is correct and states that buying a house is nothing more than a money pit for yourself. Car leasing goes the same way. I live bi-coastal and I can tell you that I will never be able to get the same lease in the tri-states area as good as in OC. Sometimes, they are off by 20-30%. I can see someone who have leased 4-5 cars from the same dealer in the Northeast to get something remotely close to what I can get all day everyday in OC, but other than that, forget it. Have you seen anyone who lost 30-40k trying to get off a lease early? I have. Have you seen someone leased a 200k car and got to drive it more than a year for completely free? I have. Have you seen someone switching from 3-4 years old car to another to get the best bang for their bucks? I have. In the end, it all comes down to what kind of a deal you can get.

Also, CPO is great and almost always a pretty good path. You only pay almost half of the original value and has the option to purchase up to 3 (maybe 4 at a few places) years of extended warranty from the dealers (unlimited miles now from almost all BMW, Merc or Audi around CT area). Where else would you get something with this kind of value? and if you want to get technical into how previous owner treating the car and such, you are locked into buying a brand new car... the answer will be depending on what kind of a deal you can get your hand on which varies greatly depending on where you live.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 06:59 PM   #48
Pierre Louis
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 535d

OC?
Oral Contraceptive?
Ownership Cost?
Appreciate 0